CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Ditto Truff!!

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2021294 - 06/18/15 06:46 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
JobSecurity Offline
Platinum Poster
Why don't I feel a sense of relief with this announcement?

Return to Top
#2021297 - 06/18/15 06:48 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed RobinB
Indy Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By RobinB

Maybe they should read the diversity standards rule they just finalized. I guess it applies to everyone but them.

Return to Top
#2021310 - 06/18/15 07:14 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
My biggest complaint in the entire TRID mess is this: the whole "idea" behind TRID is that the old way of doing things was confusing for the consumer, so we must clean it up so that these consumers can understand the disclosures. Does anyone on BOL think that a Loan Estimate is easier to understand than a Good Faith Estimate or early TIL or that a Closing Disclosure is easier to understand than a HUD-1 or TIL Disclosure Statement? Not saying they're harder necessarily either....just that people either are inclined to understand such a disclosure or they're not......i think our average customer would think not much has changed, if they care at all. So what greater purpose is getting served here? We all got to read 10 million words, 95% of customers still won't care nor understand their disclosures, and the sun will go down tonight as every night.

Return to Top
#2021312 - 06/18/15 07:16 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed raitchjay
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
Originally Posted By raitchjay
95% of customers still won't care nor understand their disclosures, and the sun will go down tonight as every night.

That's the truth.

Return to Top
#2021314 - 06/18/15 07:17 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I think they are harder to understand. The wording of a few sections is just not good at all and is going to be very confusing. We used to think the 'amount financed' was challenging...It pales compared to "closing costs financed". crazy

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2021317 - 06/18/15 07:20 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
Not to mention the TIP......

And the biggest effect will be to inconvenience consumers with all the waiting....

Return to Top
#2021318 - 06/18/15 07:20 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Actually, i agree with that. They are harder to understand. (So Congress, mission accomplished i guess.)

Return to Top
#2021329 - 06/18/15 07:40 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I still don't understand how they had roomfuls of test consumers who came to the conclusion that this was the way to go...somehow I feel they were overwhelmed and just nodded in agreement to everything!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2021352 - 06/18/15 08:23 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
luvs2trvl Offline
100 Club
Texas
the administrative error cited is the CFPB's neglect to issue a notice in line with the Congressional Review Act 60 days before the rule takes effect. They basically "forgot" and had to file for a 2 week delay. This 2 week delay requires a period of Notice an Comment - so they decided to go with a 2 month delay.

Return to Top
#2021359 - 06/18/15 08:39 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
Compl101TX Offline
Gold Star
Compl101TX
W. TX
Nice error! Now I can take my vacations at the end of July just like I had planned cool

Return to Top
#2021366 - 06/18/15 08:58 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
gypsybanker Offline
Texas
Can I ask for a two week or two month delay to fix an administrative error when they arrive to do their exam? I think not and I bet I can't use that for a response to an error either.

Why wasn't I content being a teller all those years ago? I think a teller's life has gotten a little easier and I am absolutely sure our compliance jobs have not.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Return to Top
#2021376 - 06/18/15 09:12 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed Truffle Royale
Lakeminded Offline
Washington
[quote=Truffle Royale]I foresee the problem being the fact that management and employees alike will say 'well, don't have to worry about that now. Let's turn our attention to (inset a project.) That leaves me sounding like the little boy who cried wolf.

Exactly! I was just getting the lending staff to take me seriously. Now I will have to get them re engaged in September because lenders and processors only work in the "today world".

Return to Top
#2021486 - 06/19/15 01:51 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
The lenders are so used to ignoring me, that of the four people I sent the "announcement" to, only one (and she's over mortgage servicing, the least relevant of the areas contacted) has even opened the email.

The relevant parties (the department heads and lending VP) go on thinking it's still 8/1. smirk

Return to Top
#2021497 - 06/19/15 02:16 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed Carter's Mom
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By Carter's Mom
Is there any likelihood that they will let us begin using the new forms Aug 1 anyways... just to get used to the process? I'm guessing no, but keeping my fingers crossed. I was ready to check this project off of my list. :-)

I'd like to see this. I understand that there are MANY people who have not received updates from their software vendors. We are fortunate to have received the updates and been testing, testing, testing, and testing. I do feel we are ready as long as we get another update from our vendor to fix a couple of things.

I am on the fence. I like the extra time but also was ok with the 8/1 date as well.

:dodges rock throwing:

Return to Top
#2021503 - 06/19/15 02:35 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed Matt_B
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By Matt_B
The lenders are so used to ignoring me, that of the four people I sent the "announcement" to, only one (and she's over mortgage servicing, the least relevant of the areas contacted) has even opened the email.

The relevant parties (the department heads and lending VP) go on thinking it's still 8/1. smirk

When I told our CAO about it she replied, "Well that's great, but for the love of God do NOT tell anybody else!" laugh

Return to Top
#2021504 - 06/19/15 02:35 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed Carter's Mom
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Originally Posted By Carter's Mom
Is there any likelihood that they will let us begin using the new forms Aug 1 anyways... just to get used to the process? I'm guessing no, but keeping my fingers crossed. I was ready to check this project off of my list. :-)

Not a chance.

Return to Top
#2021517 - 06/19/15 02:52 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
awilli Offline
Gold Star
Any idea when the proposed amendment to delay the effective date will be approved/final?

Return to Top
#2021540 - 06/19/15 03:29 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
After the comment period expires.

Return to Top
#2021572 - 06/19/15 04:15 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
awilli Offline
Gold Star
When does it expire?

Return to Top
#2021589 - 06/19/15 04:53 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
The comment period hasn't even opened yet.

Return to Top
#2021597 - 06/19/15 05:25 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed Truffle Royale
MCCompliance Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By Truffle Royale
I foresee the problem being the fact that management and employees alike will say 'well, don't have to worry about that now. Let's turn our attention to (inset a project.) That leaves me sounding like the little boy who cried wolf.

I've already had this happen! And we are one of the banks still waiting on system updates so no testing has been completed. crazy

Return to Top
#2021603 - 06/19/15 05:34 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
The underlying issue is that we have two regulations that apply different definitions and processes to the same loan.

What needs to happen is a new Act that amends TILA and RESPA to create a new regulation that covers all consumer credit secured by real estate and have uniform definitions as well as a triage of protection and disclosures that start with owner-occupied dwelling receiving the greatest amount of protection and moving on down to non-owner occupied dwelling (where the loan is for a consumer purpose) and then to non-residential real estate where the loan is for a consumer purpose.

Right now we have a byzantine flying spaghetti monster of different sections, notes, commentary, FAQ and guidances that wrap up lenders and borrowers in a sea of incomprehensible disclosures, most of which have little correlation to how the real estate industry actually does things.

Return to Top
#2021605 - 06/19/15 05:40 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Amen, sistah!
But you're thinking with a compliant, industry educated brain.
Wish the CFPB had some of those....

(lol at the 'byzantine flying spaghetti monster')

Return to Top
#2021606 - 06/19/15 05:43 PM Re: Effective Date Delayed trying_to_comply
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I'm sure in 5 years, a monstrous new regulation combining Reg. Z and RESPA will come down the pike and we'll be in this boat again, because "simplifying" regulations into something actually workable is not a strength of our Congress and the CFPB. So they'll hail it as a great, new, simplified thing that will be great for the industry; meanwhile, all of us will retire en masse.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6