BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#2159264 - 01/04/18 09:38 PM Re: What made you get in to Banking? Harambe
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Started at a Savings and Loan in 1979 as a VOE student. I went to school and worked part-time at the bank. After I graduated I wanted to get married and asked to work full-time as a teller. I went from teller to new accounts to personal banker and then to a Manager for one of the larger banks, Funny thing is the savings and loan I worked for got merged with other Savings and Loans and them we were bought out by a bank and then that bank was bought out by another bank, so I never quit, but thru name changes worked for different named institutions. My last stint was as manager for a large bank and I left that job in 2010 to work in the community bank and have been her for 7 years now. I started in new accounts and now am the BSA officer. Total years in banking is 38 and I tell everyone I started working when I was 7. Banking is what I enjoy and I do not mind coming to work which I will have to do so for many more years until I am able to retire. I always say that if you love what you do, you have a good attitude about working. I did not go to college, but learned thru on the job training and as I say the "school of hard knocks".

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2159837 - 01/09/18 08:21 PM Re: What made you get in to Banking? Sunshine Lady
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Jimmy Carter-He so screwed up the economy, that even two years later when he was out of office, I could not find a job when I graduated. Started at a small credit union, barely making more than minimum wage with a college degree. It got better...

Return to Top
#2160059 - 01/11/18 12:53 AM Re: What made you get in to Banking? Harambe
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
I needed to change jobs in my late 20s, was married to a teacher, and we had an infant. I had a math-teacher degree, and my wife said 2 teachers was too many in our family. I had discussed banking with a friend in the National Guard, so decided to "pick a corner" to start my job search. The first bank to offer a job won me, and I stayed 32 years until they were bought out, Compliance came about because I was stupid enough to say yes! No one else wanted the job..... Still at it and nearing retirement!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3