Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2193684 - 09/25/18 04:44 PM TRID 2.0 Updating Fees and Providers?
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
At the time of early disclosures we do not know who the borrower is going to choose and we put a title company and provide a WSSPL. At the point of a changed circumstance the borrower gives information they will use a particular company, Under TRID 2.0 do we have to update the revised disclosures to the company the borrower is actually going to use?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2193704 - 09/25/18 06:09 PM Re: TRID 2.0 Updating Fees and Providers? Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you know the charges are going to be different - yes you do. Do you have to go out of the way to make that determination - not really.

Return to Top
#2193723 - 09/25/18 06:33 PM Re: TRID 2.0 Updating Fees and Providers? Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Only if it's information made apparent, i.e. a settlement statement from the Title company, then we'd be obligated to update, correct? Otherwise if we don't have a statement, but just know they're not going to use the company listed on the WSSPL then we would still be within compliance by keeping the fees on the revised loan estimate the same?

Return to Top
#2193727 - 09/25/18 06:39 PM Re: TRID 2.0 Updating Fees and Providers? Vive Accommodare
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not aware that there is a requirement to get specifically on the horn and call them to get updated figures. I guess it comes down to what you feel is reasonably available.

Good faith goes back to 1026.17(c)(2)(i) If any information necessary for an accurate disclosure is unknown to the creditor, the creditor shall make the disclosure based on the best information reasonably available at the time the disclosure is provided to the consumer, and shall state clearly that the disclosure is an estimate.

Return to Top
#2193764 - 09/25/18 08:17 PM Re: TRID 2.0 Updating Fees and Providers? Vive Accommodare
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
That helps a lot! As always, you've been extremely helpful!

Return to Top