Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#2232762 - 03/11/20 03:13 PM CV Concerns?
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
For those who want to keep a close eye on CV, here is something a colleague who works for our IT Department sent me:

This page is put together by a 17 year old tech wizard. It is updated each minute. It is the best information that I have found about the beer virus’ infection numbers.

https://ncov2019.live/

Computer whiz Avi Schiffmann, 17, spends much of his time these days constantly updating and improving the website, which automatically scrapes data from reliable sources from all over the world. The site, which originally updated every 10 minutes, now updates every minute to provide the latest statistics on the number of confirmed cases, serious cases, deaths, and recovered — both worldwide and in each country — in real time. The site also hosts an interactive Google map, a Twitter feed, travel advisories, information on the disease and its prevention, as well as tips for preparing for quarantine situations.

“I started working on this project at Christmastime, when there were fewer than 1,000 confirmed cases — all in mainland China,” said Schiffmann, a high school junior. “It was hard to get clear, concise, and accurate information on what was going on, and I wanted to do something to fix this.”

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2232765 - 03/11/20 03:34 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
post removed at writer's request. Apparently these were bogus with malware.
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 03/18/20 05:16 PM.

Return to Top
#2232767 - 03/11/20 03:51 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
I received an email this morning from the ABA that the Compliance Schools that were starting the end of this month have been cancelled due to the concerns over the coronavirus.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2232774 - 03/11/20 04:08 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
ABA canceled everything for March - Compliance Schools, Risk Management Conference, etc. I'm curious about what will happen to the Compliance Conference in June. I'm planning to send 2 people to it, but told them to only register for the conference and the hotel after making sure they could cancel without a penalty. ABA just can't turn an aircraft carrier around in the middle of the ocean, so to speak.

Niantic postponed the Pokemon Safari in St Louis smile but if you have a ticket, you'll have access to all of the Safari Zone research tasks, etc, globally instead of everyone congregating in Tower Park.

Am I worried about it? Only somewhat. We have solid plans in place, we're testing things (such as "everyone with VPN access that can work remote has to sign on at this time from home and open all of their programs" because IT says they can handle it, but we want to be sure). My department doesn't seem to be concerned, but we can all work remote. My department also has a few people that are either immune-suppressed or have asthma, so I'm hoping they don't get it.

We suspended all non-essential business travel last Thursday and the definition of "essential" is pretty tight. Haven't heard anyone changing their spring break travel plans for next week, including people leaving the country.

I'm concerned about whether what we're getting is a lot of hysteria or if this is really that bad - my guess is that it's somewhere in the middle. There was an interview with the doc in charge of ICUs in Milan that I tripped over last night. Listening to him explain what they're running into was interesting and nothing I want to see happen here.

I'd like to actually get to Medicare without touching my 2020 deductible... My house elf has just over 7 weeks left on my corporate insurance and I have to get through May.

Return to Top
#2232777 - 03/11/20 04:12 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
We had two confirmed cases in Michigan. The governor announced last night--one was a woman who had traveled internationally, and the other was a man who had traveled domestically. Two difference counties, both within a hour of me.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2232778 - 03/11/20 04:26 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Reg Warrior Offline
100 Club
Most of our back office can work remotely except two areas, if needed. This week everyone received a bottle of hand sanitizer and a box of tissue, we asked when our personal supplies of toilet paper delivery was going to arrive.

I live in an area where we have one death, four fire fighters exposed, four schools had to be sanitized, and a staff member at my daughter's high school was sent home because they just arrive home from an infected part of the world (after working for a week).

Return to Top
#2232779 - 03/11/20 04:26 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There is a real extra benefit in having a job that requires me to work at home.

We have almost 100 cases here in Massachusetts (the news today said we're the 4th state on the list in order of number of cases), with at least half of those cases deriving from a single corporate gathering in Boston. The governor has declared a state of emergency and colleges are sending students home to attend virtual classes. Public schools have been sporadically closing for thorough cleaning when they learn of a student or teacher with a sick family member. Boston's vaunted St. Patrick's Day parade has been canceled, and there is talk about cancelling the Boston Marathon (which has been canceled only once, during WW-I, when it was replaced by a military marathon.

We have tickets to a concert at the Boston Garden (yeah, I know it's the TD Garden now) two weeks from now, and we don't think we we will go (if it isn't canceled). The tickets weren't cheap, but the risk of being in such a big crowd is just too high.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2232786 - 03/11/20 04:55 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
As I write this my daughter and her boyfriend are on a quick birthday trip to Iceland. As her mother, I'm a nervous wreck that the boarders will get closed before they return on Friday evening. (I know hysteria) She's a nurse and knows every precaution to take but I'm still worried and will be glad when they get home Friday. Hopefully not to quarantine.

Return to Top
#2232808 - 03/11/20 06:46 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
I see WHO issued the pandemic warning now. We've been talking through the pandemic plan more and more as of late. Part of our issue is trying to stem the hysteria from the media. That was before we had a high school tournament & one of the crowd had it, but didn't know until after the fact. My guess is around 300 people may have been exposed, but know it open up the unknown of if all those that attended could be contagious or not.

Return to Top
#2232814 - 03/11/20 07:54 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
And then there's the Big 12 tournament starting today at the Sprint Center - no clue how many people are descending on downtown KC, but I'm working from home tomorrow and Friday (99% to avoid the insane traffic and 1% because I can). We only have one confirmed case (to my knowledge) and the person is recovering at KU Med. Someone said the NCAA tournament may be played without spectators which makes sense, but imagine not having crowd noise during the games.

Return to Top
#2232819 - 03/11/20 08:35 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I am standing on the busiest street corner and handing out free hugs.

Return to Top
#2232836 - 03/12/20 10:15 AM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
mass hysteria!

Return to Top
#2232847 - 03/12/20 01:37 PM Re: CV Concerns? HMS Pippii
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Originally Posted by HMS Pippii
And then there's the Big 12 tournament starting today at the Sprint Center - no clue how many people are descending on downtown KC, but I'm working from home tomorrow and Friday (99% to avoid the insane traffic and 1% because I can). We only have one confirmed case (to my knowledge) and the person is recovering at KU Med. Someone said the NCAA tournament may be played without spectators which makes sense, but imagine not having crowd noise during the games.

Family only for the Big 10, Big 12, and some others. I was looking forward to going to a March Madness regional, but that will be limited to family only as well.

Return to Top
#2232850 - 03/12/20 02:43 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I don't think March Madness is going to happen at all this year.

Return to Top
#2232857 - 03/12/20 02:57 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Diamond Poster
The Country
It snowed last night so I am no longer giving hugs on the corner. Now you can find me in the produce department at WalMart giving hugs and touching as many shopping cart handles as possible.

Return to Top
#2232863 - 03/12/20 03:04 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
haha.....pandemics are a barrel of laughs.

Return to Top
#2232868 - 03/12/20 03:33 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Until there is no more toilet paper anywhere...… smile

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2232901 - 03/12/20 10:22 PM Re: CV Concerns? raitchjay
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted by raitchjay

Just trying to provide some sanity to the insanity overtaking regularly sane people.

Return to Top
#2232907 - 03/13/20 12:58 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
The governor of Michigan closed all schools in the state until April 6th. My granddaughter is thrilled, her mom not so much.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2232908 - 03/13/20 01:00 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My son teaches in Kentucky. They were informed last night that the students will be out for 3 weeks (the 3rd week was scheduled for spring break). Teachers have to report, though.

Return to Top
#2232910 - 03/13/20 01:34 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Well, that's good, the teachers will get sick, and then what?

Return to Top
#2232911 - 03/13/20 01:39 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Teachers reporting to work is like bankers, restaurant workers, retail workers, etc. reporting to work. If someone is sick, they should stay home.

Return to Top
#2232912 - 03/13/20 01:40 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
praBSA Offline
Gold Star
Tried to pick up some basic things yesterday after work to prepare for my child just in case. No baby wipes, children's motrin or children's Tylenol anywhere around me. Infuriating. What happens when kids with fevers actually need this over the counter stuff and people are hoarding it.

Return to Top
#2232914 - 03/13/20 01:49 PM Re: CV Concerns? RockChucker, CAMS
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted by RockChucker, CAMS
Originally Posted by raitchjay

Just trying to provide some sanity to the insanity overtaking regularly sane people.

What sane measures should we all be taking? What medical insight do you have to offer our medical leaders and their advice?

Return to Top
#2232916 - 03/13/20 01:52 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I for one am not fearing for my life.....am not afraid to go to work.......i hope and figure if i contracted it i'd survive. However, it isn't a ll about me and i know there are lots of people with weakened immune systems who very much do NOT need coronavirus in their lives. And i don't particularly want to find out how bad or overblown it is if i contract it either.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9