Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#227075 - 08/13/04 08:04 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
My cousin used to sing Jingle Bells with a "one horse soap and sleigh". Hey, he never saw a horse, let alone a sleigh; he was a city kid!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#227076 - 08/13/04 08:15 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
kfh Offline
100 Club
GA
My next door neighboor's little boy (2 yrs) always says "it's darken" for it's dark. I think his mother used to say, "Ooooh, it's dark in here" and you know how kids are. This is the same child that loves to eat green bean a$$erole

Return to Top
#227077 - 08/13/04 08:18 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

My next door neighboor's little boy (2 yrs) always says "it's darken" for it's dark. I think his mother used to say, "Ooooh, it's dark in here" and you know how kids are. This is the same child that loves to eat green bean a$$erole

Hey, I've had green beans cooked that way I think.... every time I went to the lunch room in school!

Return to Top
#227078 - 08/13/04 08:29 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Anonymous
Unregistered

When my niece was in preschool she refused one day to sing with the class. When the teacher asked her why she said she didn't like that song. The teacher asked her what song would she like to sing. She started singing "when two trailer park girls go around the outside around the outside", which of course is an Eminem song. How appropriate is that for a 4 year old. My sister was extremely embarassed when the teacher told her.

Return to Top
#227079 - 08/13/04 08:29 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
My daughter just told me about an assembly they had at school today with the drug dogs. She said they had 6 German Shepards and a "Laboratory" Retriever. When I started giggling, she said "you know, one of those lab dogs".

Return to Top
#227080 - 08/13/04 08:40 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I've got a boatload of these, but here's a couple of recent ones:

My wife has been taking my children out shopping for school clothes and supplies one at a time. A couple of weeks ago, my six year old daughter went with her, and also got herself some cotton candy while she was at the store. Shortly after they got home, my 5 year old son complained to my wife that his sister was bragging about the cotton candy. She explained that when it's his turn to go shopping he can buy himself some cotton candy, too. Then he asked quite matter-of-factly "and brag?"

Over the weekend, my six year old son lost two teeth (his first.) The second one was a little more stubborn than the first, and took a couple of extra days until it was ready to come out. When he asked me to check it to see if it was ready, I noticed that it was barely hanging on by a thread. So I grabbed the tooth and plucked it right from his mouth, then showed it to him and said "When I can pull a tooth with my bare hands, it's ready to come out." Then he asked "What happens if you try it with mittens on?"

Return to Top
#227081 - 08/13/04 08:56 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
A couple of weeks ago I went to pick up my 4 year grandson. While I was there his dad dropped something and made the comment that he'd been dropping everything he'd touched that day, without missing a beat my grandson said "Well don't touch anything."

Return to Top
#227082 - 08/13/04 10:08 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
My 5 year old son started Kindergarten this week. He was so relieved that another boy he knew from daycare would be going to the same school. He said, "He's going to be my buddy and my best friend." When I asked him the name of the little boy he said, "I don't know."

Return to Top
#227083 - 08/13/04 11:39 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
When my brother was little (many moons ago) he started calling watermelon "nunamo". We never knew why. He also called a washcloth an offcloth, at least that one made sense.

Return to Top
#227084 - 08/16/04 05:01 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
My three year old daughter has developed quite a fondness for Burger King and McDonalds....at least twice a week on the way home she pleads to go there for dinner. Finally I tried the little white lie, "honey, mommy doesn't have any money." For the first few times this appeased her and she simply quit asking....but then one day she shot back, "but mommy you work at a bank...the bank has money, lets go get some!" - Smarty pants!

Return to Top
#227085 - 08/16/04 05:03 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

My three year old daughter has developed quite a fondness for Burger King and McDonalds....at least twice a week on the way home she pleads to go there for dinner. Finally I tried the little white lie, "honey, mommy doesn't have any money." For the first few times this appeased her and she simply quit asking....but then one day she shot back, "but mommy you work at a bank...the bank has money, lets go get some!" - Smarty pants!

Well at least she doesn't think money grows on trees!

Return to Top
#227086 - 08/16/04 05:07 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

Well at least she doesn't think money grows on trees!

Nope, she is reserving that thought for when she becomes a teenager!

Return to Top
#227087 - 08/16/04 05:30 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Dazed&Confused Offline
Dazed&Confused
My 16 month old son is just figuring out how to put words together. He has bye-bye Dadda and things like that down. On the way home from my parents one day, as we were getting into town, he blurted out "I want McDonalds". My wife and I couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 or 6 miles (until we got to the McDonalds). He has never said it again but it was hilarious.

Return to Top
#227088 - 08/16/04 05:43 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Speaking of McDonalds.... My 6 year old, a couple years ago, called EVERYTHING Burger King. If we drove past McDonalds she wanted "Burger King". Same with Wendy's. The funny thing is, we never eat there. But, once in a while we have stopped at Burger King for a frozen coke. She gets mad when it isn't working.

PS: She calls my cheeseburgers boogers.

Return to Top
#227089 - 08/16/04 05:50 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Anonymous
Unregistered

Took the kids to see downtown Chicago and Navy Pier. My 5 year old kept calling the Sears Tower the Serious Tower.

Return to Top
#227090 - 08/16/04 05:51 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
It was a good eye opener when one of my son's first words was "Target" - he'd get so excited when he'd see the bullseye sign or the ad. We were definitely frequent shoppers, but I didn't realize just how frequently we were there

Return to Top
#227091 - 08/16/04 05:52 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Our 2 year old has started calling Daddy, "Daddio" and Mommy, "Momasita". She has also started using her sister's full name when talking to her. Every kid in her daycare class is her "best friend" and she must hug all the boys (she is the only girl left in there later in the day) before she leaves at night. When we go to the park and see some of the kids in her class, even though it has only been about an hour or two since we last saw them, they act like they haven't seen each other for a long time. It is too cute.

Return to Top
#227092 - 08/16/04 05:57 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
From a dinner table years ago.....
T-girl was just 3 and dawdled over her dinner forever. The big kids would get tired of waiting for her, and sometimes were excused from the table before she was done. One evening, my husband and I were the only two still at the table w/T. Our son Chuck who was 14 at the time was walking by the table when she tooted. She thought this was hysterical and began giggling. He (stiffling his own laughter) said "What do you say sister?" She thought for a moment and said "Can you 'mell it?" We all tried not to laugh. Chuck was rolling and he said "No..." and before he could finish saying "...that's not what you say." she pops off and says "Well c'mere and you can 'mell it." Dinner was officially over. (still makes me laugh.)

Return to Top
#227093 - 08/16/04 06:01 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

From a dinner table years ago.....
T-girl was just 3 and dawdled over her dinner forever. The big kids would get tired of waiting for her, and sometimes were excused from the table before she was done. One evening, my husband and I were the only two still at the table w/T. Our son Chuck who was 14 at the time was walking by the table when she tooted. She thought this was hysterical and began giggling. He (stiffling his own laughter) said "What do you say sister?" She thought for a moment and said "Can you 'mell it?" We all tried not to laugh. Chuck was rolling and he said "No..." and before he could finish saying "...that's not what you say." she pops off and says "Well c'mere and you can 'mell it." Dinner was officially over. (still makes me laugh.)

That's funny... reminds me of my 6 year old who used to say "her butt made noise" when she "tooted". Try as we might to not laugh with her about it, so she wouldn't do it in public, the laughter was always contagious.

Return to Top
#227094 - 08/16/04 06:13 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Quote:

My 16 month old son is just figuring out how to put words together. He has bye-bye Dadda and things like that down. On the way home from my parents one day, as we were getting into town, he blurted out "I want McDonalds". My wife and I couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 or 6 miles (until we got to the McDonalds). He has never said it again but it was hilarious.

This reminds me of my daughter (who is now expecting her own little one). When she was about 15 months I went to work for McDonalds. After awhile we would tell her that mommy had to go to McDonalds to work. Soon she started calling it McMommels. It stayed that way for quite some time. (She started talking at about 9 months and still can talk a wild streak).

Return to Top
#227095 - 08/16/04 06:18 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
When my granddaughter was 2 years old she was attacked by a peacock at the zoo.....

She called me on the phone and said "Gannie, a keycock bite me. Tell Paw-Paw to keel it". The peacock actually scratched her arm....pretty badly. It has been almost 2 years and she still talks about it.

Paw Paw and I took her to the same zoo a couple of weeks ago. She was afraid but we assured her that we would not let anything happen to her. The peacocks were around, but we would casually steer her away or distract her until they were out of sight.

When we left.....She looked at my husband and said "Thank you Paw Paw". We thought she was thanking him for taking her to the zoo. He said "What about Gannie?" She said "Who keeled the keycock, you or Gannie?".

Return to Top
#227096 - 08/16/04 06:20 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
That reminds me of another of her words. Peekapock for Peacock.

Return to Top
#227097 - 08/16/04 06:34 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
My friends daughter named her first cat "Gary" after a friend of ours that did a remarkable imitation of a cat coughing up a hairball. She was 4 at the time, and it was later found that "Gary" (the cat) was a girl, not a boy.

Her next cat, when Gary was hit by a car after running out the front door right into traffic, she named "Gary the black" because he was a dark tabby instead of an orange tabby. The second Gary was also a female. At this time, she was 5. Recently she adopted a stray, who she named "Jimmy". Go figure, Jimmy was also a female, a pregnant female in fact. So, when she was naming the kittens, we asked what she was going to name the kitten she had decided to keep. She named the little black female "Nighty", and when I jokingly asked why she didn't name it Henry (after an african american friend who was there at the time) she looked at me straight faced and said "because it's a girl, duh"..... Everyone there laughed as we looked at Jimmy and Gary II....

Return to Top
#227098 - 08/16/04 06:42 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Donut Offline
New Poster
SW Arkansas
When my granddaughter was about 3 years old she was trying to explain to her Papaw what kind of swimsuit she wanted him to buy her. She couldn't remember two-piece but she did know she wanted the kind with a top and a bottom and a belly in the middle!!

Return to Top
#227099 - 08/16/04 06:48 PM Re: Cute Stuff Kids Say
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

When my granddaughter was about 3 years old she was trying to explain to her Papaw what kind of swimsuit she wanted him to buy her. She couldn't remember two-piece but she did know she wanted the kind with a top and a bottom and a belly in the middle!!

LOL!

Should I be concerned that 3 year olds are wearing bikinis?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3