Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#319030 - 02/24/05 04:19 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
Ok, I just sent in our CRA LR then went upstairs to talk to Sheri. She said that they have encripted and sent in HMDA 3 times and it keeps getting kicked out. They are going to try again this afternoon. As long as they accept my submission I will go up and help them.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#319031 - 02/24/05 04:24 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
MountainMan Offline
100 Club
MountainMan
Colorado & Nebraska
All done...but then we only had 67 files.

Return to Top
#319032 - 02/24/05 05:39 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
10:45am today...bye bye!

Should have done it before I went on vacation but I didn't want the edit report laying around while I was gone.

So instead, I came back to a computer conversion that didn't include HMDA! After a couple hours of mild(?) panic, they found it, reloaded it onto my computer so I could reverify it and send it this morning.

Return to Top
#319033 - 02/24/05 05:42 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone help me with a cure for stinky feet? I mean really stinky feet. I work on my feet all day and stoppend wearing sox. That made it worst.

Return to Top
#319034 - 02/24/05 10:32 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
HMDA is outa here. CRA is almost ready to go.

Examiners are finishing up and leaving tomorrow. As Dawnie would say, Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#319035 - 02/24/05 11:30 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Sent ours 2-22. Got our draft back for verification yesterday. I hate having to explain that we are a small bank, and yes, we actually do make loans the same day of application. HMDA lists them as possible errors. If the customer has an established track record with us, deposits with us, and financials with them, we pull a credit reports, fill out the paperwork and can, in many cases, get the loan processed that day.

Return to Top
#319036 - 02/25/05 12:01 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Nanwa, agreed. There are people who purchase rental houses and then there are home improvements and refinances ---- why do they think same date is a big issue? Home purchase, I could understand that this would not be the general rule. But there are lots of other reasons where doing a same day loan to an existing customer is the way it should be.

Return to Top
#319037 - 02/25/05 03:56 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Our HMDA lar has been submitted! Whoo Hooo!
Just CRA left to go....it is scrubbed and ready so it shouldn't be too bad.

I really need the slumber party we have planned for this weekend! It couldn't come at a better time. A bunch of friends (women only) are gather at someone's house for a slumber party. We have a masseuse coming in for massages for who ever wants one. There will be wine! And we plan to order in for dinner, what ever you want. No one has to drive home and it will be a night of relaxation (No husbands and no children) and chatting away until the early morning hours! I can't wait

Return to Top
#319038 - 02/25/05 06:38 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Sent the last one a little while ago! It's always such a good feeling to have that done.

Return to Top
#319039 - 02/25/05 08:26 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last minute for me...They're going in on Monday 2/28...Then I'm off to Florida for an AML Conference.

Return to Top
#319040 - 02/25/05 09:26 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay...Now I actually have a question. I'm new to this bank and we've been using the free FFIEC software to collect our CRA and HMDA data. In the past, the compliance manager would export the data from the ffiec software, import into CRA wiz, and then do the submission.

The CRA Wiz we have is old version 5.0, and we haven't upgraded to CRA Wiz 6.5. When I imported the data into CRA Wiz 5.0, it's showing numerous errors...Which seems odd because it's been triple checked!

Is there a way to submit electronic directly from the FFIEC software we've used to collect the data? I've never submitted that way and I was wondering if anyone has?

Return to Top
#319041 - 02/25/05 10:27 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Are you sure you imported the data correctly? (all the right buttons, using the import wiz?) You shouldn't be having problems with 5.0. We're using it to submit and it's fine.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#319042 - 02/25/05 10:49 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
CRA submission last night at 5:45. Got my confirming email, waiting on my fax.

Re: Hockey's question ..... We are on 6.5 too, but only SP 4. With SP 4.1 you can encript right in CRA Wiz. Use the FFIEC software to encript, takes about 30 seconds and your file is ready to go.

One of the keys with CRA Wiz is the field mapping. If you name a field incorrectly, it will give you errors.

Call PCi Client Consulting, they are awesome and will help you through just about any problem.

Return to Top
#319043 - 02/25/05 11:30 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I keep being told that only two banks are still using 5.0 It appears that would be me and The drooling dog up there

Return to Top
#319044 - 02/25/05 11:42 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
"Is there a way to submit electronic directly from the FFIEC software we've used to collect the data? I've never submitted that way and I was wondering if anyone has? "

It was designed to do just that. And most folks do submit from the FFIEC program.

Run the "Batch Edit" and then the "Error Checks" to see if you ahve anything to correct

Go to Export - select to federal reserve board via internet e-mail. This will create a print out of information and the email address to send the data to and where to find the Encrypted file to attach to the e-mail.

You ca also create the CRA.DAT file by going to Export and selecting export for other purposes.

Return to Top
#319045 - 02/27/05 12:08 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Submitted HMDA the middle of last week. Was about to submit CRA Thurs but it dropped two of my CD loans. Didn't have time to check into it Thurs. and was home SICK Fri.
Hope I am well by Monday or I will be in deep dodo.

Return to Top
#319046 - 02/27/05 01:55 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL KC you can wait til Tuesday and just hope nothing horrible happens that stops you from filing

Or you could be me...I got stuck with the HMDA data yesterday. Life is not good I believe I'll order a gallon of wine delivered to the office!

Return to Top
#319047 - 02/27/05 02:10 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
If worse comes to worse I will go in after hours when no one else it there so I don't expose them to what ever I have. I can't get my fever to break. I haven't been this sick in 20 years. YUK

Return to Top
#319048 - 02/27/05 06:21 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How can an institution determine what would be a good percentage of minority and ethnicity lending? Our HMDA race percentage of minority lending was 22.4%; our ethnicity Hispanic lending was 11.9%. Do any other BOLers know what their race and ethnicity percentages are?

Return to Top
#319049 - 02/27/05 03:09 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You have to look at the demographics for your assessment area and compare your % to those to determine how well you are serving your communities.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#319050 - 02/27/05 09:18 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
And yes, many of us know. They're easy reports to pull. As Kaybee mentios, you really have to look at the demographics your AA is comprised of. In your case, if your demographics are over 70% hispanic and ?%percent other races, and your loan numbers were only 22%, you don't look so hot but if your demographics are below your lending figures, well you look like you might actually be trying to do the right thing

Return to Top
#319051 - 02/27/05 10:36 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Well, the 7 BSA examiners finally left in the middle of February, so I was finally able to review CRA and HMDA. Thank goodness I have someone who has been working on it, but we had to completely re-invent the CRA reporting because the prior process was not working at all!!!

Submission for CRA and HMDA went out Friday night, around 7-ish.

BSA Exit interview is tomorrow at 2:00. Prayers and donations for immediate family will be deeply appreciated!

Return to Top
#319052 - 02/27/05 10:58 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
HMDA in (I'm still whining about having to do it last second)

I think I'll put in three more hours on a half arsed CD number on CRA and hit the button (or let my lovely assistant who is working as well) hit it.

Prayers on the way Bonnie. I'll donate a bottle of wine as well, but may have to sample for safety prior to sending

Return to Top
#319053 - 02/27/05 11:08 PM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Prayers on the way for a good BSA exit meeting!!!

Return to Top
#319054 - 02/28/05 12:09 AM Re: Submission - Finished or Not?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
OK, that HMDA file that I said was out of here on the 24th. It looks like I may have to resubmit. CRA is now ready to go. I am going to send the email in the morning!!!!

Bonnie, good luck on your BSA meeting. We had ours Friday ---- well, we are not perfect, but the examiners and our bank was very happy. We have things to finish up, but it is such a relief to know that we are on the right track.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3