Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Thread Options
#481660 - 05/12/06 12:28 PM Re: Survivor
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
Quote:

I don't get it. If Terry doesn't have to use the secret immunity idol tonight, why wouldn't he then use it to get to the final two?

The first show Jeff said that the hidden immunity idol could be used up to the final 4 vote. After that it was not allowed. So now, even thought he had it... he never really had to use it.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#481661 - 05/12/06 12:34 PM Re: Survivor
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
What's with the "to be continued" last night???? How irritating!!! Can't wait for Sunday night! Hope the spoilers are wrong and Terry prevails!!!

BTW: What would have happened if Terry had gave the hidden immunity idol to Danielle? Would they have voted again? Just curious!

Return to Top
#481662 - 05/12/06 12:57 PM Re: Survivor
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
I think that Danielle could have just pulled out the idol and then other lady would be gone. I was wondering if Danielle was trying to scam Terry into getting the idol and then she'd tell the other two and Terry would be gone last night.

Return to Top
#481663 - 05/12/06 12:59 PM Re: Survivor
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Didn't expect the "cliff hanger" but they messed up showing scenes from Sunday-showed Aras, Terry and danielle climbing the wall-no Cirie....

Terry was whiny during that challenge-it was ok for him to ask for clarification, but to cry out "Aras should be back by now"....didnt expect that from him.

Return to Top
#481664 - 05/12/06 03:26 PM Re: Survivor
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
And the winner is.....

Spoilers now giving the nod to Danielle in a 4-3 win.

Return to Top
#481665 - 05/12/06 03:26 PM Re: Survivor
Bank Nag Offline
Reading on the riverbank
Terry had to use it at the final four. I'm confused about why he didn't give it to Cirie or Danielle. Will be major bummed if Aras or Danielle win. Terry and Cirie should be at the final 2. Terry actually played the best game, physically and mentally, but Cirie played a good mental game. Neither Aras or Danielle showed me anything and neither deserve to win. But when does the real player ever win on this! All Aras has done is whine and talk about how great he is. I hate people who wave their faith around as if they are better than the others. Danielle just hasn't done anything. Terry has busted his b_tt (can I buy a vowel?). Cirie has been pretty sneaky but how can they give the game to someone who is afraid of leaves!! I admire her stick to in but let's face it--she has nothing physically and didn't really do anything to say she's a real survivor. Here's hoping that Terry pulls it out!!!

Return to Top
#481666 - 05/12/06 03:46 PM Re: Survivor
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Terry had to use it at the final four. I'm confused about why he didn't give it to Cirie or Danielle.

If he gave it to one of them, they would have voted him out. He didn't have a choice. I agree that physically Cirie has not kept up with the others, but mentally she has played a great game "outwit". I don't like Aras either, but it goes to show how timing is everythign-Terry works his ... off and falters at the end. That stinks. I can picture Shane and Courtney freaking out during the jury stage...

Return to Top
#481667 - 05/12/06 04:50 PM Re: Survivor
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I don't think Danielle is going to win the fire building challenge. Did you all notice that when they showed the preview of the final 3 challenge, they showed the two guys and Danielle? HOWEVER, they showed the two guys with a clip of the NEW challenge and Danielle in a clip from the PREVIOUS challenge.... Looks like misdirection to me!

Return to Top
#481668 - 05/12/06 04:55 PM Re: Survivor
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

I don't think Danielle is going to win the fire building challenge. Did you all notice that when they showed the preview of the final 3 challenge, they showed the two guys and Danielle? HOWEVER, they showed the two guys with a clip of the NEW challenge and Danielle in a clip from the PREVIOUS challenge.... Looks like misdirection to me!

I didn't catch that distinction, BF...good call.

Return to Top
#481669 - 05/12/06 04:59 PM Re: Survivor
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
I am curious too about the hidden idol. If Terry would have given it to Danielle after the vote, would then the person with the next # of votes (Cirie) be voted out or would there have been a re-vote thereby subjecting Terry to the possibility of being sent home? If it would have been Cirie to go, he was stupid not to hand it to Danielle & get rid of Cirie. He could easily have beaten her in the F2...it appears Courtney (at least) won't be voting for her to win the million.

Return to Top
#481670 - 05/12/06 05:00 PM Re: Survivor
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I didn't catch that distinction, BF...good call.

However, we must also realize that the producers know we watch for those sorts of things, and thus may be misdirecting us by actually showing us the final three to make us think they aren't. But what if they are misdirecting us by making us think they are actually showing us the final three and pretending to make it look like it is misdirection? My head now hurts, can I go home?

Return to Top
#481671 - 05/12/06 05:01 PM Re: Survivor
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
And, in the previews, Cirie's fire looks huge compared to Danielle's.

Return to Top
#481672 - 05/12/06 05:13 PM Re: Survivor
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

I am curious too about the hidden idol. If Terry would have given it to Danielle after the vote, would then the person with the next # of votes (Cirie) be voted out or would there have been a re-vote thereby subjecting Terry to the possibility of being sent home? If it would have been Cirie to go, he was stupid not to hand it to Danielle & get rid of Cirie. He could easily have beaten her in the F2...it appears Courtney (at least) won't be voting for her to win the million.

Terry would have had to given it before council, not after the vote. Once the votes were read, the person that had the idol had to produce it to use it, they couldnt give it to someone. That is why Danielle was trying to convince Terry to give her the idol before the council. If he had, she would have thrown him under the bus.

Return to Top
#481673 - 05/12/06 06:12 PM Re: Survivor
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
I get it. Didn't know he couldn't hand it over at council.

Return to Top
#481674 - 05/12/06 07:44 PM Re: Survivor
Anonymous
Unregistered

So who is Danielle supposedly going up against in the final two? Aras or Terry?

Return to Top
#481675 - 05/12/06 07:45 PM Re: Survivor
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Aras

Return to Top
#481676 - 05/13/06 10:09 PM Re: Survivor
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Terry's stock tanked with me after his whining cry-baby performance at the IC (not to mention his petulant shoving, AND the preceding out-of-nowhere lecturing of Cirie), where first he tried to claim that Aras was cheating and then he wanted to explain that he would've won if Probst hadn't explained the rules in a secret yoga-code that only Aras fully understood.

Not that Aras is any prize himself. He's a self-satisfied little jerk. I couldn't stand the way that he tried to cajole Cirie and Danielle into acting as human roadblocks for his benefit on the IC. And that wasn't the first time he'd tried to get the women to do his bidding so that he would win a reward. He really seems to have a smug sense of entitlement.

Return to Top
#481677 - 05/15/06 12:27 PM Re: Survivor
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Well, that was definitely a "the lesser of two evils" situation. Neither one deserved it, but someone had to win.

Return to Top
#481678 - 05/15/06 02:36 PM Re: Survivor
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ack! It was a double trick play! They got me with the make us think it's not Danielle in the final 3 by showing her in the challenge.....

By the way, am I the only one who couldn't remember half the participants by the end this time? This must have been the worst Survivor yet....

Return to Top
#481679 - 05/15/06 02:41 PM Re: Survivor
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I'll have to agree with you BF. When the whole group of survivors came out on stage I couldn't remember names or anything interesting about them.

This season proved you didn't have to outplay anyone to be sole survivor! Ugh...Aras won!

Return to Top
#481680 - 05/15/06 02:56 PM Re: Survivor
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
He was a better choice than Danielle. What did she contribute? I was also sick of her talking about how she won the last challenge. She didn't win - Aras jumped off and gave it to her.

I loved Shane's speech at the last tribal council. He's nuttier than a fruit cake.

Return to Top
#481681 - 05/15/06 03:11 PM Re: Survivor
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
I think it was good that the top 4 each got something - Terry and Cirie cars (even tho' Terry s/have won the whole thing), Danielle and Aras $$. Danielle would've come in 2nd no matter who she picked. Too bad it wasn't Terry against Aras - now THAT would have been an interesting final 2!

Return to Top
#481682 - 05/15/06 06:54 PM Re: Survivor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was I the only one that laughed when Aras fell? I sobered up quickly when I realized he was really hurt, but truly, what a slap-down from Karma! I figured he was sure to lose after that, but I guess the fates figured that was enough of a butt-spanking.

Suzy

Return to Top
#481683 - 05/16/06 04:30 PM Re: Survivor
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I think Courtney got crazier after she was booted than when she was on the island. She's a bird without a chip on her shoulder and she's got to fly down the karmic path of forgiveness toward the journey of her life...or something.

She still wants her some Shane, though.

Return to Top
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13