BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#492146 - 02/02/06 07:26 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

NABE, I'm pretty darn familiar with MD's posts. I think an objective observer would say that, in every way, she gave as good as she got.

This is true (just being honest)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#492147 - 02/02/06 07:29 PM Re: What happened to MD
Not a Banker, Ever Offline
100 Club
If you review her approach/postings objectively, MD was one of the more thoughtful, rationale posters up to the point the jerks take over. Since the regular flamers (all well known by their distinctive styles) would rather light 'em up than actually respond with similar thoughtfulness and rationale, it's hard not to see MD or anyone else not getting frustrated to the point of checking out.

Those of you who mistreated her — or anyone else — merely to make yourselves feel big are the ones who lose, not those who check out. But you're not capable of understanding that through your misplaced swagger.

Pretty obvious your head is shoved so far up your ego that your brain is starved for oxygen.

Return to Top
#492148 - 02/02/06 07:35 PM Re: What happened to MD
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
So, your post was so insightful that you thought merely repeating it was the best approach?

Quote:

But you're not capable of understanding that through your misplaced swagger.

Pretty obvious your head is shoved so far up your ego that your brain is starved for oxygen.

Is this an example the type of reasonable, non-flaming dialogue that you're looking for?

Return to Top
#492149 - 02/02/06 07:43 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

i agree and thanx for the example of the your brand of sensitivity that bol severly lacks

Return to Top
#492150 - 02/02/06 07:47 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

we have far too many pots in this thread attacking the kettles we're all guilt from time to time of insensitive posting i have not seen any flamin lately 'n' nothin that would cause someone to leave she dished it out but could not take it

Return to Top
#492151 - 02/02/06 07:48 PM Re: What happened to MD
Not a Banker, Ever Offline
100 Club
Yes, it's frustrating when one has to regress to fourth grade and use the "well, the others did it, too" defense. If the others didn't do it in the first place, it wouldn't be necessary to regress, n'est ce pas?

However,I believe you understood my original point.

Return to Top
#492152 - 02/02/06 07:58 PM Re: What happened to MD
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Maybe she'll come back with a different name and start over.

She's been on today... just not making any post in here. Don't fool yourself, she did not run away.

Return to Top
#492153 - 02/02/06 08:06 PM Re: What happened to MD
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
MD, like other posters on BOL, has been very quick to find offense in posts where none was ever intended, and then respond with a post that would only inflame the dialogue.

As this particular thread has demonstrated so well, many people jump very quickly to attack mode. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that we should all be a little more civil, and not use the annonimity of the board to allow us to attack anyone who might possibly disagree with our point of view.

As for MD, it's too bad she felt so attacked that she decided to pack up and leave.

Return to Top
#492154 - 02/02/06 08:12 PM Re: What happened to MD
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

MD, like other posters on BOL, has been very quick to find offense in posts where none was ever intended, and then respond with a post that would only inflame the dialogue.

As this particular thread has demonstrated so well, many people jump very quickly to attack mode. Perhaps the lesson to be learned here is that we should all be a little more civil, and not use the annonimity of the board to allow us to attack anyone who might possibly disagree with our point of view.

As for MD, it's too bad she felt so attacked that she decided to pack up and leave.

Well said.

Return to Top
#492155 - 02/02/06 08:19 PM Re: What happened to MD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Well said.

Agreed.

Remember too, there is a little notify moderator button below each post. If you think something is out of line or too aggressive, if all else fails, push it.

I would think that many uncomfortable dialogues could also be resolved with a thoughtful PM.

For some reason MD and I had a way of pushing each others buttons. Likely an indication that we were more alike (or opposite sides of the same coin) than either of us wanted to admit.

I felt insulted yesterday (nevermind whether I actually was or wasn't) and went toe to toe with her. She held her own and then fled. I did not know she was that sensitive. I apologize for my lack of sensitivity. It is hard to tell whether someone is looking for a fight or just doesn't know how to avoid it.

Return to Top
#492156 - 02/02/06 08:25 PM Re: What happened to MD
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.

That is quite humbling of you... Sorry for blaming you for chasing her away.

Return to Top
#492157 - 02/02/06 08:44 PM Re: What happened to MD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

I apologize for my lack of sensitivity.

That is quite humbling of you... Sorry for blaming you for chasing her away.

I think we just pushed each others buttons. I did not put her on my ignore list to protect me from her, but to protect her from me. She pushed my buttons.

Return to Top
#492158 - 02/02/06 08:49 PM Re: What happened to MD
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
No worries, I'm sure she'll come back when she's ready.

BTW, I'm also sorry for calling your mama and telling her that you were gay. And I'm really sorry for putting your face on that dirty picture and emailing it to all your co-workers.
Wheeeeew! I feel so much better getting all that off my chest.

Return to Top
#492159 - 02/02/06 08:58 PM Re: What happened to MD
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
All I know is - 'stuff' is happening here and I'm not involved! This is good news.

Return to Top
#492160 - 02/02/06 08:59 PM Re: What happened to MD
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

And I'm really sorry for putting your face on that dirty picture and emailing it to all your co-workers.

No problem. My co-workers now believe I have the body of a 21-year old with a six pack. I'm getting a lot more respect around here. Next time though do you think you can put my picture on the body of a male nude.

Return to Top
#492161 - 02/02/06 11:07 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

All I know is - 'stuff' is happening here and I'm not involved! This is good news.

Hoo-yah!

Return to Top
#492162 - 02/04/06 04:38 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You only think that because your mental clarity is high, but the overpass is low.

Return to Top
#492163 - 02/04/06 04:56 PM Re: What happened to MD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't upset the Deity!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2