Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Thread Options
#543438 - 05/05/06 09:21 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

I have Search on ignore is she still lecturing everyone? And trying to call completely different words typos?

Thank you.. thank you.. thank you... I've been wanting this to happen for a long time...

BTW, this is getting the reward for the most childish behavior posted on BOL.... thanks for proving my point that you're always whining about how mistreated you are...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#543439 - 05/05/06 09:24 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Did anyone else notice that SP's comment about being wrong was made with a wink? I don't think she's in need of self esteem tips from someone who can't admit she typed the words to the NA wrong. If you felt good about yourself Search, you wouldn't have such a hard time admitting you aren't an expert on every topic.

I've never claimed to be an expert on every topic... you tickle me. Now... I'll sign your little book... and you need to be on your way... Geesh... the anon fan club is back out again today.

Return to Top
#543440 - 05/05/06 09:26 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
I've got to say Search, your good if someone puts you on ignore but still responds to your comments.

Return to Top
#543441 - 05/05/06 09:27 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I've got to say Search, your good if someone puts you on ignore but still responds to your comments.

Return to Top
#543442 - 05/05/06 09:28 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Honey, you are far more childish, and not nearly as bright as SP. And that is not a great combo.

Your "thank you thank you thank you" post was really immature and just another example of people piling on. Which you do every time it comes to SP. It's sad. Really sad. Now use your fan club comment and try to convince everyone on here that you are really well adjusted when you are a sad little girl in big girl shoes.

Return to Top
#543443 - 05/05/06 09:29 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Anyone want to actually talk about the Spanish language version of the NA or is it all about being a [censored] now?

Return to Top
#543444 - 05/05/06 09:30 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Honey, you are far more childish, and not nearly as bright as SP. And that is not a great combo.

Your "thank you thank you thank you" post was really immature and just another example of people piling on. Which you do every time it comes to SP. It's sad. Really sad. Now use your fan club comment and try to convince everyone on here that you are really well adjusted when you are a sad little girl in big girl shoes.

You are so funny... and yet so off with your comments... why don't you run along now and play with your BF... SP...

Return to Top
#543445 - 05/05/06 09:31 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
Quote:

I am sorry, is this a fan club comment??

Return to Top
#543446 - 05/05/06 09:32 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I guess it's all about being a [censored] now.

Return to Top
#543447 - 05/05/06 09:33 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
LOL... this is the funniest thread... oh.. TGIF...

Return to Top
#543448 - 05/05/06 09:33 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I think this is another thread that has gone the way of being a _____. I was wondering though do the new words still fit into the same rhythm as the English version?

Return to Top
#543449 - 05/05/06 09:34 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I think this is another thread that has gone the way of being a _____. I was wondering though do the new words still fit into the same rhythm as the English version?

Actually, they do. They have given it a little more of a Spanish rhythm, but it is very recognizable as being the same song. It was also my understanding that the changes in the words were done for interpretive/artistic purposes. A literal translation wouldn't have followed the original melody.

Return to Top
#543450 - 05/05/06 09:37 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
so at an event where it is played then the rhythm stays the same, but some people will be singing it in English, some in Spanish. To each his own. They say a prayer before every game doesn't mean you have to participate.

Return to Top
#543451 - 05/05/06 09:45 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

so at an event where it is played then the rhythm stays the same, but some people will be singing it in English, some in Spanish. To each his own. They say a prayer before every game doesn't mean you have to participate.

Exactly. Some peoople are trying to turn it into an illegal immigrant issue, but it just isn't.

Also, there have been several attempts to have the NA changed over the years because it is difficult to sing and half the country can't remember the words because they are in an antiquated language.

Return to Top
#543452 - 05/05/06 09:52 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Xodus... you've got me laughin so hard right now....

Return to Top
#543453 - 05/05/06 09:57 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This is SP logged out because this anon only shows up when SP is in a dispute. Nice try SP. Very transparent. But I am enjoying the show.

Return to Top
#543454 - 05/05/06 09:57 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Isn't the guy wrote it British? Is that what I read? Do the Hispanics even know this is going on? I don't know that it has anything to do with illegal or legal. Although I think a legal citizen is more likely to sing the English version as their grasp of the language would be better. Wasn't there a movement to have the anthem change to America, the Beautiful or something?

Return to Top
#543455 - 05/05/06 09:59 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Did anyone else notice that SP's comment about being wrong was made with a wink? I don't think she's in need of self esteem tips from someone who can't admit she typed the words to the NA wrong. If you felt good about yourself Search, you wouldn't have such a hard time admitting you aren't an expert on every topic.

Did anyone else notice this is SP posting as if an anon supporting her? It is entertaining!

Return to Top
#543456 - 05/05/06 10:02 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
hey... dont make fun of people with split personalities... its a real problem that shouldn't be taken lightly..

Return to Top
#543457 - 05/05/06 10:05 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

I have Search on ignore is she still lecturing everyone? And trying to call completely different words typos?

SP, i was wondering.. if you are wanting to ignore someone than why do ask about them? wouldn't it be better to ignore them? and if you have them on ignore, why bother to come in as an anon so you can see what they are saying? might as well not have them on ignore...

Return to Top
#543458 - 05/05/06 10:09 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

SP, i was wondering.. if you are wanting to ignore someone than why do ask about them? wouldn't it be better to ignore them? and if you have them on ignore, why bother to come in as an anon so you can see what they are saying? might as well not have them on ignore...

Strongbad... I know you're being serious... but I couldn't help but laugh.... oh dear... 30 more mins.. and it's freedom...

Return to Top
#543459 - 05/05/06 10:12 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Strongbad... I know you're being serious... but I couldn't help but laugh.... oh dear... 30 more mins.. and it's freedom...

well im only partially serious... i dont know SP... i haven't been on here long enough to know if i like her opinions or not... it just seems silly to ignore someone and then not ignore them...

Return to Top
#543460 - 05/05/06 10:16 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well im only partially serious... i dont know SP... i haven't been on here long enough to know if i like her opinions or not... it just seems silly to ignore someone and then not ignore them...

Stick around long enough... you'll learn more than ya ever wanted to know about several of us... For the most part.. we're a crazy bunch of people to be around... But isn't this what makes life so interesting...

Return to Top
#543461 - 05/05/06 10:20 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

Stick around long enough... you'll learn more than ya ever wanted to know about several of us... For the most part.. we're a crazy bunch of people to be around... But isn't this what makes life so interesting...

oh trust me... i'll fit right in

Return to Top
#543462 - 05/05/06 10:21 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

oh trust me... i'll fit right in

LOL... welcome to the party then...

Return to Top
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21