Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#567000 - 06/16/06 03:18 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Seems more humane than, say, hanging, but that could just be me.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#567001 - 06/16/06 03:19 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Seems more humane than, say, hanging, but that could just be me.

Did I say hanging was better? Frankly, I do not think there is a humane way the state should execute someone.

Return to Top
#567002 - 06/16/06 03:24 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Islamic law is brutal. So is Christian law in part. So is our law as a nation. After all, our nation practices murder as punishment. We don't just put a bullet in their brain pan, we strap them to a chair, put a wet towel on their head, put a metal cap on top, and run high voltage through them roasting them from the inside out. No wonder other nations hate us. That's just sick isn't it?

Well, now who is being intellectually dishonest? There is exactly one state in the US that still requires use of the electric chair, and that is due more to death penalty opponents who won't allow lethal injection to be adopted there, in hope that the chair will be ruled unconstitutional. If you're so morally repulsed, Michael, why not move to France?

If Michael's opposition to the death penalty leads to the conclusion that he should move to France, shouldn't your moral objections to abortion lead to the same conclusion?

No one needs to leave the country because they disagree with the law. Isn't that what this country is all about?

Return to Top
#567003 - 06/16/06 03:54 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Quote:

It pains me to say it, but I have to side with BF. Yikes.

Is the world going to end today?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#567004 - 06/16/06 04:12 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

It pains me to say it, but I have to side with BF. Yikes.

Is the world going to end today?

It's a very real possibility.

Return to Top
#567005 - 06/16/06 07:05 PM Re: Everyone of Islamic belief hates the US
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Islamic law is brutal. So is Christian law in part. So is our law as a nation. After all, our nation practices murder as punishment. We don't just put a bullet in their brain pan, we strap them to a chair, put a wet towel on their head, put a metal cap on top, and run high voltage through them roasting them from the inside out. No wonder other nations hate us. That's just sick isn't it?

Well, now who is being intellectually dishonest? There is exactly one state in the US that still requires use of the electric chair, and that is due more to death penalty opponents who won't allow lethal injection to be adopted there, in hope that the chair will be ruled unconstitutional. If you're so morally repulsed, Michael, why not move to France?

If Michael's opposition to the death penalty leads to the conclusion that he should move to France, shouldn't your moral objections to abortion lead to the same conclusion?

It would, if I came to the conclusion, as a result, that America was a barbaric nation, which I (apparently) mistook for the point he was trying to make.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3