Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#625339 - 10/16/06 07:50 PM Re: When did I get so old?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

It felt like it sometimes, TICG. At least I wasn't so tired after it like I am now!

A little cocaine and you'll perk right up.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#625340 - 10/16/06 07:53 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Have to pass, TICG. Not my idea of fun. I quit the hard stuff years ago.

Return to Top
#625341 - 10/16/06 09:32 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
So are you saying you went to bed way past midnight last night?

Return to Top
#625342 - 10/16/06 09:57 PM Re: When did I get so old?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

So are you saying you went to bed way past midnight last night?

You're all class, Fraudman.

Return to Top
#625343 - 10/16/06 10:23 PM Re: When did I get so old?
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

It's weird... Five years ago I used words like; party, rave, beer bong, bong, and "Hey sexy"... Now I'm married with two kids and my vocabulary has changed to; 401K, Career, Job security, Rent, Bills, and Credit...

Tell you what, Clown Boy, those kids will keep you young compared to people your age who don't have kids. You may not feel it now, but when your kids get to be teens, look around at others who are your age who don't have kids and you'll see exactly what I mean. If weren't for my kids, I'd be an old fuddy-duddy forever stuck in the '70s.

Stay involved in your kid's lives and make sure you always take the time to get to know them as they grow and change. Give them room to expand their horizons, but guide them when they need it (even when they don't think they do) and you'll be one of the youngest people your age you know.

Return to Top
#625344 - 10/16/06 11:17 PM Re: When did I get so old?
new2banking Offline
Northern California
Aw come on now ... let's have no talk of "old" unless you have grandchildren. Don't laugh - - it happens before you know it, usually within a few years of your wondering why so many children are being hired into responsible positions in the bank.

Return to Top
#625345 - 10/17/06 03:13 AM Re: When did I get so old?
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Aw come on now ... let's have no talk of "old" unless you have grandchildren. Don't laugh - - it happens before you know it, usually within a few years of your wondering why so many children are being hired into responsible positions in the bank.

I'm not laughing. My oldest has been married several years now and we're still waiting for grandkids. We're not pushing them, but sometimes I have to admit I do feel a yearing feeling in my heart when I see one of my best friends playing with his 2 year old grandaughter.

Return to Top
#625346 - 10/17/06 12:01 PM Re: When did I get so old?
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

I have one grandchild and another boy due March 1st and I don't consider myself "old". It's all in the mind - I just don't pay too much attention to the age thing. If you feel good and are having fun and enjoying life then that's the way to be. And it doesn't hurt to have a husband that tells you honestly that you look younger and better than some of the women he knows at work.

Return to Top
#625347 - 10/17/06 05:05 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Not2much$anymore Offline
Not2much$anymore
By the beach CA
This is how I knew I was OLD. Driving into work and hearing a group of songs from when I was in jr high (which was 13, 14 years ago)and having them called OLD SCHOOL! WOW!!!
To me OLD SCHOOL was songs from that 70's and 80's

Return to Top
#625348 - 10/17/06 05:16 PM Re: When did I get so old?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

This is how I knew I was OLD. Driving into work and hearing a group of songs from when I was in jr high (which was 13, 14 years ago)and having them called OLD SCHOOL! WOW!!!
To me OLD SCHOOL was songs from that 70's and 80's

70's and 80's????????? Old School? I have socks older than you.

Return to Top
#625349 - 10/17/06 05:54 PM Re: When did I get so old?
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
It hits me that I'm old when watching football and I see head coaches that I used to watch when they were players. Same thing for half of the sports announcers.

Return to Top
#625350 - 10/17/06 05:56 PM Re: When did I get so old?
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
When I started to get annoyed with waiting for kids playing in the street to move out of my way so I could drive through....I used to get so annoyed with the pesky "drivers" that had the nerve to drive right through our "football field"...

Return to Top
#625351 - 10/17/06 10:57 PM Re: When did I get so old?
new2banking Offline
Northern California

Hey, I wonder if this happens to anyone else: I see someone and think "that looks exactly like what's her name who sat behind me in math (35 years ago)" and I actually think about going up and saying "were you in my math class?" Thank goodness before I do that I realize that the person I'm looking at is young enough to be my kid.

Return to Top
#625352 - 10/18/06 06:20 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Just had a reality check at a meeting this AM. Someone mentioned "Marcus Welby, MD". Two of the loan officers could not remember this show. The earliest doctor show they watched was "Doogie Hauser". Yikes!

Return to Top
#625353 - 10/18/06 09:15 PM Re: When did I get so old?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Quote:

Just had a reality check at a meeting this AM. Someone mentioned "Marcus Welby, MD". Two of the loan officers could not remember this show. The earliest doctor s how they watched was "Doogie Hauser". Yikes!

Overheard at Great America on Saturday walking out of the "Love at First Fright" show "Yea, but it was all old music" Some of it was Michael Jackson stuff!!!! See why the day made me feel OLD!!!!

Return to Top
#625354 - 10/20/06 01:46 AM Re: When did I get so old?
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
SP, then we are birds of a feather. You really should throw out those old socks rather than continue to darn them.

Return to Top
#625355 - 10/20/06 03:24 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I start to fee old when I see children in my family grow up. I don't have kids yet, but it does make me feel old when I see these kids in the hospital on the day they were born, and then I see them going into college.

Return to Top
#625356 - 10/20/06 04:44 PM Re: When did I get so old?
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

I start to fee old when I see children in my family grow up. I don't have kids yet, but it does make me feel old when I see these kids in the hospital on the day they were born, and then I see them going into college.

OMG..and do you find yourself saying "oh wow you have gotten so big"...and then remember when older people used to tell you that? I remember being told that and feeling like I needed to apologize for not staying 4 weeks old.

Return to Top
#625357 - 10/20/06 06:09 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
LOL! I really do say that to these kids.

Return to Top
#625358 - 11/14/06 12:12 AM Re: When did I get so old?
Lip Gloss Offline
Diamond Poster
Lip Gloss
Texas
Wow...I was born in the early 80's and the other day I was talking about Bon Jovi and a younger co-worker said "Who??" I almost choked. I am starting to feel old because I hate this new crap they play on the radio.

Return to Top
#625359 - 11/14/06 12:25 AM Re: When did I get so old?
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Quote:

Wow...I was born in the early 80's

That's enough to make me feel old right there!

Return to Top
#625360 - 11/14/06 12:26 AM Re: When did I get so old?
Lip Gloss Offline
Diamond Poster
Lip Gloss
Texas
Ha sorry!

Return to Top
#625361 - 11/14/06 02:59 PM Re: When did I get so old?
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
I remember when Bon Jovi *was* the new crap on the radio.

Return to Top
#625362 - 11/14/06 03:13 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
LOL!

Return to Top
#625363 - 11/14/06 03:21 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I remember waaaay back when if you said "Speed metal is just Hendrix riffs played twice as fast but only half as well.", people would nod in agreement.

I entered fogie-he!! while getting my haircut last weekend. The woman cutting my hair asked me something about music. I replied that I'd been playing Traffic and Cream while doing some fix-ups around the house. She stopped and asked "Who?" (Resisting the obvious urge...)I gamely said "Cream; you know Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Eric Clapton.." "He was in a band?"

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3