Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#952943 - 05/01/08 04:19 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
well, my black friends (and white friends) call each other that all the time. must be an age thing.

if by age you meant maturity, I guess so.............

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#952947 - 05/01/08 04:22 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
that was pretty lame, pale.

oh well. perhaps we can get happy and pale to lecture my friends and i on how we should address each other in a pc manner since, apparently, we don't do so now.

Return to Top
#952951 - 05/01/08 04:26 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ha!

I don't think you would sign up for the class, you have failed the manners class here in the cooler over and over............

Return to Top
#952963 - 05/01/08 04:33 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
manners=pandering-to-the-right these days?

i guess i should just allow the slights against me go unaddressed (i do try though! i have been decreasing my frequency here) while those who perpetuate them may continue to "fire when ready".

but really, what manners do i seem to lack here?

Return to Top
#952984 - 05/01/08 04:41 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
I think the word "my" makes it ok? As opposed to talking to Obama and saying "listen here boy".

Return to Top
#952993 - 05/01/08 04:44 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Comp Guy No More
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
huh. i wonder if context means anything. if the term itself were so harmful, why wouldn't my friend be mad when i called them that?

(to your point, com guy, now that my naivete is clearing i think that 'my' wouldn't matter because in the "listen here" context, it seems to be implied)

Return to Top
#953044 - 05/01/08 05:20 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i think you need to ask your friend that...just for a test though, go up to the next 3 black men you see and don't know, and call them boy...report back when you emerge from the hospital on how it went

Return to Top
#953065 - 05/01/08 05:39 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit HappyGilmore
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i'm not sure if you missed where i said i called my friends that. perhaps in time those guys could become by boys, but why would i go use such terms reserved for friends on strangers? also, have you ever seen the espn show "PTI"? kornheiser and wilbon must be racists if this is your threshold test...

oh, and to beat you to the punch:
Quote:
my friends

See, Ron, this is where I knew that you were lying...

Return to Top
#953100 - 05/01/08 06:28 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Wow, this thread has become interesting. I haven't seen this many tangents since high school trigonometry.

Return to Top
#953110 - 05/01/08 06:37 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit GuitarDude
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Wow, this thread has become interesting. I haven't seen this many tangents since high school trigonometry.

::completely straight face avatar because that was the stalest most ridiculoust lame joke i have ever heard::

Return to Top
#953111 - 05/01/08 06:37 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit GuitarDude
A_G Offline
10K Club
You're such as asymptote, GD.

Return to Top
#953130 - 05/01/08 07:00 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit A_G
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
There isn't anything wrong with him calling his friends his boys, my boys, the boys.

Return to Top
#953195 - 05/01/08 07:55 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

Quote:
i'm not sure if you missed where i said i called my friends that

i'm not sure if you missed where you called Obama that

Quote:
my boy is not

unless you are claiming to be a personal friend...talk about distorting the facts

Return to Top
#953318 - 05/01/08 10:44 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit HappyGilmore
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
it's like you talking about the lsu tigers winning the national championship and you saying "'we' won the national championship".

seriously, man, all you are trying to do is be a **** and act like i am racist. like i said before, it must be different times/eras. i grew up with these kids not even recognizing the difference in skin color. give up. and give up trying to act like my boy obama is a racist, too. he trandscends your small-mindedness.

Return to Top
#953331 - 05/01/08 11:11 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
he trandscends your small-mindedness.

He's so open-minded he's willing to transcend good judgement and remain for 20 years in a church with a racist nutjob pastor. He's so big-minded he has room in its caverns for beliefs that it's appropriate to remain friends with unrepentant terrorists. He's so forward-thinking that he need not be encumbered by silly Senate ethics rules like not receiving gifts of hundreds of thousands of dollars in crooked real estate transactions. Too bad we're not all so transcendently big-minded.

Return to Top
#953371 - 05/02/08 01:56 AM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
it's like you talking about the lsu tigers winning the national championship and you saying "'we' won the national championship".

seriously, man, all you are trying to do is be a **** and act like i am racist. like i said before, it must be different times/eras. i grew up with these kids not even recognizing the difference in skin color. give up. and give up trying to act like my boy obama is a racist, too. he trandscends your small-mindedness.

I do not disagree with you Ron about the context of using the term "boy." The context and the tone makes all of the difference.

As for Obama being racist, some of his very own quotes from his writing "Audacity of Hope" smack of bigoted language, regardless of what his intentions may have been.

Return to Top
#953431 - 05/02/08 12:51 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
and give up trying to act like my boy obama is a racist, too. he trandscends your small-mindedness.

I've never said that Obama was racist, so quit spinning. My comments were directed at you and using the term "boy". Making up a statement doesn't help the tiny shred of credibility you may have...
Last edited by Happy Gilmore; 05/02/08 01:26 PM.

Return to Top
#953477 - 05/02/08 01:43 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit HappyGilmore
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Maybe his use of boy is what really makes obama a bad candidate for office, I know none of my "boys' are ready for that job.

Return to Top
#953929 - 05/02/08 08:27 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Jokerman
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Jokerman
he trandscends your small-mindedness.

He's so open-minded he's willing to transcend good judgement and remain for 20 years in a church with a racist nutjob pastor. He's so big-minded he has room in its caverns for beliefs that it's appropriate to remain friends with unrepentant terrorists. He's so forward-thinking that he need not be encumbered by silly Senate ethics rules like not receiving gifts of hundreds of thousands of dollars in crooked real estate transactions. Too bad we're not all so transcendently big-minded.

Can't answer this, Ron? Better stick to bragging exaggerating about cheerleaders.

Return to Top
#953949 - 05/02/08 08:41 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
actually, i didn't feel like responding to anything. why should i? so you can just respnd with more he's-the-devil hyperbole?

and, truth be told, i never was with the cheerleaders in college. they weren't that attractive and they were way too short. asu on the other hand (and like most of the rest of the pac 10 cheerleaders it seems) very quite the opposite.

Return to Top
#953979 - 05/02/08 08:57 PM Re: BP, Shell Gain After Posting Record Profit Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I never said he was the devil, Ron. I just don't accept that, like you, he's a saint.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3