Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#630008 - 10/26/06 03:28 PM Medallion STAMP Program
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
We want to tighten controls on the Medallion STAMP device to appointment only. Does anyone have similar procedures they would be willing to share? Thanks in advance.

Al.Miller@BridgeBank.com

Return to Top
General Discussion
#630009 - 10/27/06 11:12 PM Re: Medallion STAMP Program
KariK Offline
New Poster
Washington State
I would like to throw the entire program out of the bank. I believe the risk far outweighs the customer service issues. I do have a question regarding the recent change - Say you have C stamps in your branch system, but you also have two A stamps for corporate. The new amendment says guarantors who have subscribed to higher Surety Bond limits are advised to discontinue the use of their lower level medallion imprints as transactions exceeding those imprint lower levels may be rejected despite the fact the higher surety level has been obtained. My question - if the transaction doesn't exceed the $500,000 limit (C Stamp), then can we continue to use the stamp - correct? I do not want to put A stamps in my branches. Thanks for any input.

Return to Top
#630010 - 10/30/06 04:50 PM Re: Medallion STAMP Program
samsara Offline
100 Club
New York
We did eliminate it from our branches. As usual, a few customers complained the first week, none since. It is not only a lot of risk, but banks pay for the privilege of offering it.

Return to Top