Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2189931 - 08/21/18 04:38 PM DTI Question
Cajungal Offline
Cajungal
Louisiana
Debt to income ratio – I have a question regarding DTI when there is a change in circumstance. We have a few loans this month that have a change in circumstance in which the loan amount is increased. I need to clarify if we should be reporting the DTI from the initial approval, or the DTI from after the CIT.

The regulation states that we use what was relied on in making the credit decision. I was thinking that we would use the “initial approval” DTI. Can you let me know your thoughts?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2189937 - 08/21/18 05:02 PM Re: DTI Question Cajungal
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You mean you can raise the loan amount after initial approval and not go back and get the loan reapproved considering the new loan payment amount required and the impact that has on the ATR?

Return to Top
#2189988 - 08/21/18 07:43 PM Re: DTI Question Cajungal
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
You should be using the DTI from after the changed circumstance as this was ultimately the DTI you used to approve the loan. Hopefully this is documented in your loan file, as Randy point out...

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top