Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1855299 - 09/25/13 03:50 PM Carrier Fee/Text Message Fee Disclaimer Required
hsimmers Offline
100 Club
Are we required to disclose that "text message fees may apply or carrier usage fees may apply?" We obviously aren't charging the fee so isn't that just a customer courtesy thing if we do it?

Thanks for any help!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1855328 - 09/25/13 04:20 PM Re: Carrier Fee/Text Message Fee Disclaimer Required hsimmers
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I think of it as a courtesy, too. But it's an important one if your customer is tempted to sign up for SMS account alerts, for example, and his mobile plan includes a per message fee. You don't want the customer complaining to the bank that you didn't alert him to the possibility of running up his mobile bill.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1855337 - 09/25/13 04:25 PM Re: Carrier Fee/Text Message Fee Disclaimer Required hsimmers
hsimmers Offline
100 Club
Do you think it should be displayed in all ads? or just on the contract to sign up ?

Return to Top
#1855408 - 09/25/13 06:32 PM Re: Carrier Fee/Text Message Fee Disclaimer Required hsimmers
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If an ad says it's a free service, I'd include the disclaimer in the ad. Otherwise, you can just make sure it's in the contract/sign-up information.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1855409 - 09/25/13 06:32 PM Re: Carrier Fee/Text Message Fee Disclaimer Required hsimmers
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Another reason this is important is if you have customers who travel internationally. If this triggers a roaming fee, they get real expensive, real fast.

I think it might be best on both, but is likely "required" on the contract. It might be advisable on an ad intended to promote this, but on ads with this as a service included with the account/feature, I wouldn't sweat it.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z