Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Thread Options
#239740 - 09/01/04 04:46 PM Roomba vacuum cleaner
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
What's your experience with the 'robot' cleaner? Would you buy another? I need to replace the old Hoover.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#239741 - 09/01/04 04:57 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
The Jeston's seemed to like theirs

Return to Top
#239742 - 09/01/04 05:01 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
From what I have seen demo'd on tech TV, it was ok on light dirt, but wasn't a replacement for a person, such as you or I, and attention to detail.

Personally, the next one I buy may well be a Dyson.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#239743 - 09/01/04 06:55 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
ABrown Offline
Gold Star
Texas
I have a Dyson. Love it. Would never buy anything else. Now I have to get rid of the other 4 vacuum cleaners that are taking up space in the closet that do not work as well.
Last edited by ABrown; 09/01/04 07:04 PM.
Return to Top
#239744 - 09/01/04 07:00 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
OK - what's a Dyson? I've never heard of it, not that I'm all knowing.

Return to Top
#239745 - 09/01/04 07:02 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.

Return to Top
#239746 - 09/01/04 07:14 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I want a roomba, I think they'd make great pets.

A bunch of moms I know are raving about the Floormate. However, that's all I know about it. Oh, and they're finding it at Sam's at good prices.

Return to Top
#239747 - 09/01/04 07:21 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Interesting. The Floormate has always looked good to me but to expensive. We have a new Sam's Club near here. I might just have to go check it out.

Return to Top
#239748 - 09/01/04 07:29 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
If you have Pergo or hard wood floors...you must have a floormate. I bought one a year ago and LOVE it. The only bad part is it doesn't get the corners like you would with a mop. No more kids slipping on the floor or waiting for it to dry. I bought ours at Target when it was on sale. My lineoleum also never looked better!

Unfortunately, I don't have a roomba, but I have just about replaced most of our high traffic carpet with Pergo. Pergo is so much easier than carpets to maintain with 2 pooches and 2 kiddies running around.

Return to Top
#239749 - 09/01/04 07:30 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
Quote:

Interesting. The Floormate has always looked good to me but to expensive. We have a new Sam's Club near here. I might just have to go check it out.

We have one - It is great for vinyl and hardwood flooring. Best thing since sliced bread. My wife wouldn't use anything else. Well worth the money.

Return to Top
#239750 - 09/01/04 07:47 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Rainbow vacuum cleaners are the best in the world. They are expensive but you will buy several or more regular vacuums before you will ever have to think of replacing a Rainbow. We have had ours for nearly 12 years and it works as good as the day it was bought.

The also pick up far more than any vacuum I have ever seen.

Test one out. Use your own or any so-called good vacuum first until you think you have picked up all you can. Then use a Rainbow. I think you will be shocked at what you experience.

Return to Top
#239751 - 09/01/04 08:32 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
My great grandmother gave me her Hoover upright when she gave up her home and moved in with her daughter. It was probably 30 years old then. I used it for another 10 to 15 years with only routine maintenance. It was awesome.

I finally had to replace it when the maintenance (new belts, etc.) got to be more expensive than buying a new machine.

They sure don't make them like that anymore! I'll be looking into one of those Floormates, though - sounds great!

Return to Top
#239752 - 09/01/04 08:38 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
I have both a Roomba and a Floormate. The Roomba is not a replacement for a regular vacuum cleaner, but it is great for in between cleanups (it's usually a long time between vacuums for me, so the Roomba gets a good workout, and as EGB said, it makes a great pet). I love the Floormate. It works great on my Terra Cotta tile kitchen floor. The only drawback I found is that you have to use Lysol Concentrate in it and I have just recently managed to find some in a store (Wal-Mart, of course) but it was not with the regular cleaning stuff, but in the aisle with the Floormate!

Return to Top
#239753 - 09/01/04 09:02 PM Re: Roomba vacuum cleaner
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Battery operated sweeper ---- best $40 bucks I ever spent. I can hit those high traffic areas everyday like around the door and mud flakes on the kitchen floor. It's light and rechargable, beats dragging out the vacuum everytime there are cracker crumbs on the carpet.

I got one for my mom and she loves keeping things looking good without pushing around a heavy vac.

Return to Top