Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1779450 - 01/24/13 04:07 PM SAR Activity Log
2manyrules Offline
New Poster
Michigan
Can anyone offer me an example of a good SAR Activity Log? One that can keep track of 90 day review due dates and also one that can document why a SAR was NOT filed.

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1779457 - 01/24/13 04:22 PM Re: SAR Activity Log 2manyrules
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I use a simple spreadsheet, listing the date filed, reason for filing, amount involved, account number/names. I then have another column, based on the date filed, that is 90 days from that date so I know by when I have to review for possible re-filing, as well as a 'status' column for what my review found. I haven't added when a SAR was not filed, but could probably use the same spreadsheet with a column to denote non-filing.

We've just recently installed the Banker's Toolbox product, BAM, so I'll be using that in the future to track SARs and those not filed.

Return to Top
#1779780 - 01/25/13 01:38 PM Re: SAR Activity Log 2manyrules
Jen S Offline
New Poster
Minnesota
I have a similar spreadsheet as Doug, but I also have a column to just note the date that I reported to the board and I do track on here SARs not filed. No extra column needed just simply column heading is 'SAR filed' and the input is yes or no. By having all accounts reviewed in one spot it is just handy to have it all in one place when examiners ask.

Return to Top
#1780120 - 01/25/13 11:25 PM Re: SAR Activity Log 2manyrules
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
I used to use a spreadsheet as well. One tab for SARs filed & one tab for SARs not filed.

Return to Top
#1780122 - 01/25/13 11:39 PM Re: SAR Activity Log 2manyrules
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Back when I was working with BSA as a banker, I created an Access data base. It had dates, a field (Y or N) for whether a SAR was filed, drop downs for reason (kiting, structuring, etc.) so we could pull stats on filing, all of the data we needed.

It was pretty cool and worked well for us.

You could do the same in Excel. I liked Access because I had reports set up to export..querying by date...that I could use for the Board, etc. You could potentially do that with pivot tables.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z