Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1787575 - 02/20/13 04:09 PM CTR - multiple locations
Joanne Brewe Offline
New Poster
Ottawa, IL 61350
We have a payday lender that has one account number but does business in three towns where our facilities are located. Over the long holiday weekend they made night deposits at three different branches in three different cities. I know I report all three of our branch locations in item 33, 34 & 35 but do I report the 3 business addresses by doing three item 2c's and listing the addresses? Gotta love those long weekends for so many reasons - including filing more CTRs the next day.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1787869 - 02/21/13 10:22 AM Re: CTR - multiple locations Joanne Brewe
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I understand what happened, but am not certain I understand the question. You fill out one record for the person on whose behalf the transaction was conducted in Part I. You fill out one record for each of the branches where the transaction took place in Part III.

Return to Top
#1787888 - 02/21/13 01:47 PM Re: CTR - multiple locations Elwood P. Dowd
Joanne Brewe Offline
New Poster
Ottawa, IL 61350
For the person on whose behalf the transaction was filed would I list payday lender, address in first town then click + button for payday lender, address in second town then click + button for payday lender, address in third town? I have to list all the locations that the night drops took place for our facilities; it makes sense to list all the addresses of the one company where the transactions were coming from.

Return to Top
#1787895 - 02/21/13 01:58 PM Re: CTR - multiple locations Joanne Brewe
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Only one person benefitted from the transaction and you only need to list one of the addresses that produced the cash.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z