Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#387429 - 07/18/05 08:40 PM UCC 9-324 Notice from other purchase money credito
Anonymous
Unregistered

We received a notice that another lender will be making a loan to an existing customer. They state they will be taking a purchase money interst in a variety of items. The problem is that we actually provided the purchase money for said items six months ago and have a perfected lien. Do we need to send return notice that we dispute their claim?

Return to Top
Article 9
#387430 - 07/19/05 01:39 AM Re: UCC 9-324 Notice from other purchase money credito
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would definitely let them know and then I would do a full credit review of this customer - you might not have the collateral that you think you do either if he has made a habit of double pledging assets.

Return to Top
#387431 - 07/24/05 11:24 PM Re: UCC 9-324 Notice from other purchase money credito
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
1) Did you do a lien search in advance of your loan?
2) Agreed. Let them know you financed certain items already and tell them you have a lien.
3) Meet with your borrower and review the credit. Determine if you need an exit strategy with the borrower or if this is a misunderstanding.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Sam Ott