Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1291925 - 11/23/09 10:22 PM Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
My sister's Father-in-law was in remission but has found out that it's back and has spread. He's having some tests run at Duke this week to see how bad it is and what his time frame and options are.
So far we know that it's in his Colon, Liver and Diaphram. If the treatments don't work, he will have less than 2 yrs.
If you think of it, please include him in your prayers.

Thanks,
Rizz

Return to Top
#1291936 - 11/23/09 10:32 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Mrs. Rizzo
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
He will be in my prayers.

Return to Top
#1291954 - 11/23/09 11:01 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers 'Lil Freak!
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
You got it Rizzy! Thoughts & Prayers! Let us know....

Return to Top
#1291986 - 11/24/09 12:20 AM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers KTMiteComply
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Thoughts and prayers Riz. And hugs for Sis & Joe too.

Return to Top
#1291990 - 11/24/09 12:44 AM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers bOaty
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Prayers headed for all, Rizz.

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1292020 - 11/24/09 12:35 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Tigg
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Prayers from me too for all of them.

Return to Top
#1292031 - 11/24/09 12:53 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers TINKerBell
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Prayers from Ohio.

Return to Top
#1292044 - 11/24/09 01:02 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers pjs
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
In my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#1292064 - 11/24/09 01:46 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers NotPerfect
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Prayers for healing for your sister's FIL and family. May they have the strength and peace to get thru this difficult time.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1292073 - 11/24/09 01:59 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers waldensouth
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Pryaers from PA for everyone.

Return to Top
#1292134 - 11/24/09 03:00 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Ready to Retire
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
The doctor at Duke was a little more optimistic yesterday. He is thinking that the aggresive chemo will work and hopefully shrink the tumors on the liver enough to be surgically removed.
We really won't know more until he finishes treatment in 3 months.
Thanks for the prayers, everyone!!

Return to Top
#1292166 - 11/24/09 03:18 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Mrs. Rizzo
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
Father, I pray that you will be with this family. Cancer is a devastating diagnosis for many because it is unpredictable and just plain scary. I pray that you will grant peace, grace and strength for all involved and that you would draw the family close to your heart. Give the doctors wisdom to know how to treat and direct this family and don't let them forget how hard this is. In Jesus' name we ask these things, Amen.

Return to Top
#1292307 - 11/24/09 04:33 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Mrs. Rizzo
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
Your family will continue to be in my thoughts and I hope the good news keeps coming for him. My FIL to be is going through a similar situation so you also have my sympathy.

Return to Top
#1292379 - 11/24/09 05:00 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers ~MunQue~
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Keep thinking positive thoughts. I don't know how my treatments have gone, and won't know for sure until January - but if my attitude and outlook have any say, I'll be fine. If you continue to fight mentally, there's always a chance for recovery. I remember having dreams of me punching through walls while I was going through radiation and chemo. I liked to think the walls were the cancer cells in my body and I was breaking them apart in my mind...Hopefully, it worked!

I can't emphasize the power of positive thinking in cancer treatments. Give as much support and positive energy you can. I think the prayers, messages and cards from family and friends did wonders for my morale this year.

Best wishes and I look forward to hearing good neews and updates soon! I know I'm relating how I dealt with my cancer diagnosis, but I think attitude plays a part. Don't give up!

Return to Top
#1292986 - 11/24/09 09:55 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers FBH
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
FBH, Glen is a pretty stubborn man! I'm sure he won't go down without a fight and he has a wonderful support team.
I believe it really does make a difference.
Keep us posted on your progress! can't wait to hear the good news!

MunQue, I will keep your FIL in my prayers!!

Return to Top
#1293453 - 11/25/09 03:50 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers East Texas
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Originally Posted By: East Texas
Father, I pray that you will be with this family. Cancer is a devastating diagnosis for many because it is unpredictable and just plain scary. I pray that you will grant peace, grace and strength for all involved and that you would draw the family close to your heart. Give the doctors wisdom to know how to treat and direct this family and don't let them forget how hard this is. In Jesus' name we ask these things, Amen.

Ditto what East Texas wrote.......and more prayers and positive thoughts from Central Texas!!!

Return to Top
#1295101 - 11/27/09 11:18 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Quadspapa
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Prayers continue from Illinois. May God bless your loved ones and heal them. smile

Return to Top
#1389756 - 05/12/10 05:20 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers BurntSienna
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Glenn seemed to be responding well to treatments but the docs have found another tumor on his liver. Please lift him up if you have a moment. I know the whole family will appreciate it!!!

Return to Top
#1389761 - 05/12/10 05:22 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Mrs. Rizzo
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Prayers continue for Glenn and family.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1389785 - 05/12/10 05:45 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers waldensouth
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Prayers continue from IL.

Return to Top
#1389832 - 05/12/10 06:24 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers QCL
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
Continued prayers from NM

Return to Top
#1389846 - 05/12/10 06:45 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers East Texas
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: East Texas

I stand in total agreement- In Jesus'name!!!!!! Prayers from Texas

Return to Top
#1389917 - 05/12/10 08:09 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Mrs. Rizzo
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
Glenn seemed to be responding well to treatments but the docs have found another tumor on his liver. Please lift him up if you have a moment. I know the whole family will appreciate it!!!

"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9 (Obviously the King James Version)

Return to Top
#1390550 - 05/13/10 05:13 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers Quadspapa
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Prayers and best wishes! Knock that cancer out!

Return to Top
#1390568 - 05/13/10 05:22 PM Re: Stage 4 Cancer - Would Appreciate your prayers FBH
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
Prayers from Philly

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett