Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1671907 - 03/01/12 06:57 PM Preauthorized Loan Payments include fees?
Brandy Brennan Offline
New Poster
How does everyone set up their preauthorized transfer forms for loan payments to accommodate any fees that may be assessed? (late charges, nsf fees)

Do you obtain two transfer forms, one for the payment amount and then a second for fees? Do you only collect the payment through EFT and then collect fees outside of that system? Do you include them all on the same forms, but if you do, however does this mesh with having to send a separate EFT for the fee amount since you can not send as one?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1672145 - 03/02/12 03:40 AM Re: Preauthorized Loan Payments include fees? Brandy Brennan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I have never seen a preauthorized transfer agreement for loan payments address the collection of fees. Only P&I. If the loan is on autunatic payments, how do you have NSF fees? You are going to process the payment and then return it to your self and charge them a NSF fee on both the loan and deposit account?

Return to Top
#1673067 - 03/05/12 04:19 PM Re: Preauthorized Loan Payments include fees? Brandy Brennan
Brandy Brennan Offline
New Poster
This mostly comes into play when the deposit account is at another institution.

Return to Top
#1673085 - 03/05/12 04:33 PM Re: Preauthorized Loan Payments include fees? Brandy Brennan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then you need to review:

ยง 1005.10 Preauthorized transfers.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett