Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#35112 - 09/30/02 03:54 PM HMDA Changes
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
In Mary Beth's article this morning, there was no mention of the requirement to obtain government monitoring data on real-estate related telephone and Web applications. My understanding is that this is a change that will be effective 1/1/03. Did this change, or am I correct regarding the effective date?
Thanks,
Leslie

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#35113 - 09/30/02 04:06 PM Re: HMDA Changes
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
It is my understanding that effective 1/1/2003, banks will be required to ask for race/sex info on all telephone applications.

Return to Top
#35114 - 09/30/02 04:46 PM Re: HMDA Changes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
No changes there. I haven't read the article yet, but she may have been addressing the 2004 changes.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#35115 - 09/30/02 05:08 PM Re: HMDA Changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you look at the bottom of the article it indicates it was first published in May 2002 by the Oklahoma Bankers Association. I think the article was written before the 6/27/02 changes. You are correct that for 1/1/03 we will be required to ask the government monitoring information questions for telephone applications.

Return to Top
#35116 - 10/01/02 08:56 PM Re: HMDA Changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Make no doubt about it folks, the revisions are effective 1-1-03 for telephone applications. Government monitoring questions must be asked of telephone applicants.

Return to Top
#35117 - 10/11/02 01:12 AM Re: HMDA Changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

David, Andy, & other Guru's , what are your thoughts for 3rd Party applications or Wholesale Loan applications? How will we inforce broker compliance with this new required collection?
Appreciate your comments.

Return to Top
#35118 - 10/11/02 02:18 PM Re: HMDA Changes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In reply to:

How will we inforce broker compliance with this new required collection?

With a big stick.

We don't do much (or any) of this. But my guess is Compliance will battle it out with the powers that be, demanding quality, not qualtity from brokers. Therein lies the conflict between compliance and business development. And hopefully the brokers will do it right in the first place.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z