Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply
Post Icon
Smilies Insert Link Insert Email Link Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag List Bold Italic Underline Strike-through Spoiler Quote Font Color Fonts Font Size
Make textarea smaller
Make textarea bigger
Post Options

HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.
Poll Manager (Total Polls: 0)

In Response To:
Thread Starter: Anonymous
Title: Re: Feeling Frustrated

Can anyone relate to my situation? I'm the compliance officer at a small bank (about $260 million with 4 branches). I am constantly providing training to staff about regulatory changes, but it seems to be okay for certain staff members to disregard regulations and someone else is expected to correct issues after the fact, but before regulators come in. Am I wrong in thinking everyone should be responsible for knowing the regulations that apply to their jobs? Some members of management feel it is a lenders job to make loans and they can't be responsible for ensuring all of the documents are filled out accurately. What?! Isn't compliance everyones responsiblity? I'm very frustrated with the situation and wonder if it's common. It seems no matter how much training I give some people are just going to continue doing whatever they have been doing.