Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#100968 - 07/25/03 05:26 PM Access from Home?
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
We are contemplating allowing an employee to work from home several days a week. The person manages a specialized sales dept and is not truly a "banker" so he does not have access to the core banking system. He would have access to email and certain databases.

I think we should have a written agreement with the employee that outlines security precautions - i.e., he will keep his home office and PC locked/secured, anti-virus program current, etc. Does anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone have a sample agreement for this purpose?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#100969 - 07/25/03 05:54 PM Re: Access from Home?
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Setting up a VPN (virtual private network) would be a great way to go. It is quite easy to secure.

Return to Top
#100970 - 07/25/03 06:31 PM Re: Access from Home?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I use a VPN, can't use wireless and abide by the same user agreement I have at work. The VPN allows only me to enter while my PC can still be used for non-banking tasks (whatever that would be) since it is mine. This also allows you to monitor whatever you need to while they are online.

If you give them a laptop, make it just for work. If they use a personal PC, make them follow your existing rules.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#100971 - 07/25/03 07:02 PM Re: Access from Home?
reinkesd Offline
100 Club
reinkesd
Connecticut
We've been using GoToMyPC.com and it's been through the audit process ok. It's a little slow with a dial up connection, but I hear with broadband it's just like being at work.

Return to Top
#100972 - 07/28/03 03:39 PM Re: Access from Home?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could look at services that are web based and have built in security. One example of an Intranet with remote encrypted access - CSI Web @Work (http://demo.csiweb.com). Or if you are just looking for a way to securely exchange info (without special software) give another service by this company a try www.csiesafe.com. VPN is your best bet if you need host access. Hope this helps.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z