Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1026476 - 08/22/08 07:12 PM Weather
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
How's everyone holding out? It's really windy right now. It's rained off and on all day but nothing really bad. I just dread the drive home in the wind. I don't even want to think about how it will be if it's raining too.

Return to Top
#1026504 - 08/22/08 07:31 PM Re: Weather Bagweaver
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Rain, wind, some really stiff squalls...not that bad, nothing severe and hope it stays that way...there sure have been a lot of tornado warnings tho..mostly above Jax and near and in SC coast. I did notice the wind has shifted directions recently. Once I get home, I'll probably be stuck til we dry out some...bummer.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1026600 - 08/22/08 08:26 PM Re: Weather RR Joker
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
same here - rain, wind.. not too bad so far. We are under a tornado watch until 6 pm - I think all of our counties made that watch list. Take care and try to stay dry this weekend!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1026992 - 08/25/08 11:47 AM Re: Weather waldensouth
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
How are you all doing? I was in Kentucky this weekend (dry as a bone, but raining now) and have no idea how much rain we got, but I know it was windy since there are leaves blown up on my covered back deck. Got lots more rain last night, too.

Return to Top
#1026994 - 08/25/08 12:19 PM Re: Weather Skittles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
We had a tornado warning over the weekend with a touch down about 5 miles from my house. Thank goodness it touched down in a field next to a subdivision instead of in the subdivision!

Mainly I had a lot of small limbs and leaves down along with a ton of pine needles. I had a large limb from a neighbors tree barely miss my power and cable lines.

Glad its over!

Return to Top
#1026999 - 08/25/08 12:30 PM Re: Weather Bagweaver
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
My neighborhood - some trees down, lots of branches and debris. Blown transformer - homes across the street - debris got it. surrounding communities - lots of flooding - 3 of my folks can't come to work today - can't get here because of flooding or trees blown across the road that haven't been cleared yet. Not entirely certain how much rain we got out of fay - I think about 7 inches and more on the way as it turns back and blesses us with more. fortunately, I believe Atlanta will get some rain out of this change in direction.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1027010 - 08/25/08 12:50 PM Re: Weather waldensouth
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Lots of STUFF down and for awhile I was completely under water Saturday...took a couple of pics before my batteries croaked on me. Nothing major...any trees that fell, fell in the woods and not on any fence lines. All critters are accounted for and I didn't even get stuck getting out of my yard today...However, the more traffic before it dries, the bigger sinking risk I have with that heavy diesel.

Have to go to ATL tomorrow to that FRB seminar...I really wish Fay would behave...neither of us are really keen on driving in Atlanta and esp not in the RAIN!

I'd venture to say we got closer to the 11 inch mark.
Last edited by RR joker; 08/25/08 12:51 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1027824 - 08/26/08 12:14 PM Re: Weather RR Joker
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Apparently the tornado sirens went off in Macon last night. A co-worker got up about 12:15 when she realized what was going on and turned on the weather. It never actually touched down, but the weatherman was following a 'hook' in the skies and the sirens were on for about 30 minutes.

Return to Top
#1027968 - 08/26/08 02:19 PM Re: Weather Skittles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
We had one in Albany earlier but they ended up canceling it shortly after it was issued. We're under a watch already this morning. This is getting AGGRAVATING!!!

Return to Top
#1028315 - 08/26/08 04:56 PM Re: Weather Bagweaver
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We have had soooo much rain today. I'm not exaggerating, but it is probably over 4 inches of rain since 7:00 a.m. this morning and it just won't stop.

Return to Top
#1028351 - 08/26/08 05:17 PM Re: Weather Skittles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
So far it hasn't rained here today, but looking at the radar it will be here before too long. The radar looked like I got it at home though earlier this morning. I'm beginning to turn green!

Return to Top
#1028454 - 08/26/08 06:24 PM Re: Weather Bagweaver
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I checked and there is a site that says Atlanta has received 4 inches of rain so far today. We're not that far south so my hypothesis may be correct.

Return to Top
#1028495 - 08/26/08 06:38 PM Re: Weather Skittles
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
The WALB weatherman said that Atlanta should get 7 inches of rain from dear Fay. Maybe that will help Lake Lanier! We had a shower late yesterday afternoon and it looks like we will get another today. He said we wouldn't be completely clear of the rain bands until Wednesday. But it was great to see sunshine yesterday!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top