Outside A Garage

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1050924 - 09/25/08 11:41 PM Re: Agreement Reached Blade Scrapper
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
mccain needs to be there to get his fellow house republicans on board (who are fearing for their jobs because almost unanimously the people opposing the compromise are house republicans up for re-election). i'm sure that obama has a lot of sway over getting the house republicans to change their mind as well. [/sarcasm]

Return to Top
#1050925 - 09/25/08 11:46 PM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Funny that Obama saw fit to jump in front of every camera he could find after the meeting - guess he's not so sure about that decision to let them call him if they need him.

Return to Top
#1050927 - 09/25/08 11:50 PM Re: Agreement Reached Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
let's talk about the house republicans and how mccain and obama would be involved with them hammering out a compromise.

and he "jumped in front" of the cameras? because in this campaign, the press has just seemed to ignore the candidates especially obama.

don't you care about the truth in house republicans holding back a compromise because they are scared about holding their seats? i've seen you talk about term limits many times, too.

Return to Top
#1050928 - 09/25/08 11:55 PM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
How many times has Obama gone on Brit Hume's program this year?

I think the Republicans in the House have misgivings about the deal. And it was pretty stupid of the Democrats in the Senate to try to pre-empt McCain's appearance in DC by announcing a deal before they had the Republicans in the House on board. Maybe they thought it was ok to just pass a deal with the Democrats in the House voting for it, but the Dems are saying, no, you ain't gonna pin this on us.

Return to Top
#1050933 - 09/26/08 12:09 AM Re: Agreement Reached Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

non sequitur much? is this related to your "jumped in front of" comment somehow?

Quote:
I think the Republicans in the House have misgivings about the deal.

wouldn't you if your opponent is opposing the bailout and the underlying constituent are feverishly against the bailout? that explanation probably is too accurate to be true though.

Return to Top
#1050949 - 09/26/08 01:45 AM Re: Agreement Reached Jokerman
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Jokerman

I think the Republicans in the House have misgivings about the deal. And it was pretty stupid of the Democrats in the Senate to try to pre-empt McCain's appearance in DC by announcing a deal before they had the Republicans in the House on board. Maybe they thought it was ok to just pass a deal with the Democrats in the House voting for it, but the Dems are saying, no, you ain't gonna pin this on us.

Your sponsor here to remind you to stick o your guns and not fall off the wagon or give into temptation

Return to Top
#1050953 - 09/26/08 01:59 AM Re: Agreement Reached TheManofSteel
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: FellaTMOSgoofbal
Your sponsor here to remind you to stick to your guns and not fall off the wagon or give into temptation

Thanks for the help - I've been on a binge. I still wonder how many times Obama's gone on every single evening news show in a single evening, and how that doesn't count as jumping in front of the cameras. But it's not worth it, you're right.

Return to Top
#1050971 - 09/26/08 03:47 AM Re: Agreement Reached Jokerman
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
since i've been home, i have seen an 80/20% mccain ratio on cnn.

Return to Top
#1050973 - 09/26/08 03:51 AM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: McCain Economics
let's talk about the house republicans and how mccain and obama would be involved with them hammering out a compromise.

and he "jumped in front" of the cameras? because in this campaign, the press has just seemed to ignore the candidates especially obama.

don't you care about the truth in house republicans holding back a compromise because they are scared about holding their seats? i've seen you talk about term limits many times, too.

Yes, indeed, McCain needs to lead those holding out into finding a compromise. What's funny is, he showed up to do just that and Obama said WHAT?! NO Debate, how dare you! Then, Obama realized he was in trouble for looking like a MoRon, and showed up for the press. While McCain has to show us some leadership right now with his own party, he was prepared to work bipartisanly. Funny how Obama's answer to bipartisanship is HEY LOOK AT THE REPUBS HOLDING OUT, IT IS MCCAIN'S FAULT! This instead of looking to the holdouts and seeking a solution that works for both sides as McCain is currently doing.

Return to Top
#1050998 - 09/26/08 12:03 PM Re: Agreement Reached B_F
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
From ABA:

Agreement on $700 Billion Rescue Plan Unravels
Efforts to seal an apparent deal on legislation to implement the $700 billion financial rescue plan derailed late yesterday during a White House meeting with key lawmakers that was attended by presidential nominees Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Barack Obama (D-Ill.), press reports said. Near the meeting's end, Senate Banking Committee ranking member Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) emerged to tell reporters, "I don't believe we have an agreement." Shelby said he showed President Bush five pages of comments from economists who criticized the administration's financial rescue package saying, [Treasury Secretary] Paulson's "plan is a bad plan. It will not solve problems; it will create more problems."

Democratic and Republican negotiators will return today to try to revive the deal. The earlier agreement would have provided $700 billion for the Treasury Department to purchase toxic mortgage debt, with $250 billion immediately available and an additional $100 billion released upon the secretary's certification that the funds are needed. Congress could stop the final $350 billion with a joint resolution of disapproval

Return to Top
#1051053 - 09/26/08 01:14 PM Re: Agreement Reached Retired DQ
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
All this talk about banks too big to fail. Frankly, I think the federal government has become too big to succeed.

Return to Top
#1051078 - 09/26/08 01:27 PM Re: Agreement Reached Sinatra Fan
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Amen, Steve.

Return to Top
#1051081 - 09/26/08 01:28 PM Re: Agreement Reached Sinatra Fan
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
All this talk about banks too big to fail. Frankly, I think the federal government has become too big to succeed.

Yep! Can't wait for Obamamessiah to make it even bigger!

Return to Top
#1051087 - 09/26/08 01:29 PM Re: Agreement Reached Bimmer
A_G Offline
10K Club
So how is this banking crisis going to directly affect us, as consumers?

Return to Top
#1051090 - 09/26/08 01:30 PM Re: Agreement Reached A_G
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Eventually, 16, everything trickles back to the taxpayers.

Return to Top
#1051100 - 09/26/08 01:35 PM Re: Agreement Reached Retired DQ
A_G Offline
10K Club
Yes, but how?

Are employers going to slash payrolls? Is bread going to skyrocket to $10 a loaf?

Return to Top
#1051105 - 09/26/08 01:37 PM Re: Agreement Reached A_G
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Letter 16
So how is this banking crisis going to directly affect us, as consumers?

if there is no credit to support business, our economy will approach great depression levels. that's all. perhaps there is some disagreement whether this crisis will lead to that, but that point doesn't change the outcome of what happens if credit is frozen, only whether a credit freeze is likely than not.

Return to Top
#1051123 - 09/26/08 01:44 PM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
and as we all know McCain is pulling strings behind the scenes, manipulating all that goes on in Washington today.....

Return to Top
#1051130 - 09/26/08 01:47 PM Re: Agreement Reached Pale Rider
A_G Offline
10K Club
thanks once again for turning a (maybe not so)simple economic question political...

Return to Top
#1051140 - 09/26/08 01:51 PM Re: Agreement Reached A_G
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
but harry pelosi said there was a deal!!!!

so McCain couldn't get credit for riding in on his white horse

ehehehehheheheheee

Return to Top
#1051146 - 09/26/08 01:53 PM Re: Agreement Reached Pale Rider
A_G Offline
10K Club
once again. nothing to do with my question.

Return to Top
#1051161 - 09/26/08 02:02 PM Re: Agreement Reached A_G
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
thanks once again for turning a (maybe not so)simple economic question political...

please see my answer to you in this thread. i am detaching myself from politics as much as humanly possible. if you need clarification, perhaps somebody can provide some but otherwise, i will try to explain as best i can later on.

Return to Top
#1051164 - 09/26/08 02:04 PM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
are you satisfied now 16? I know I feel much better that Ron will explain "later"

Return to Top
#1051165 - 09/26/08 02:04 PM Re: Agreement Reached Hated By Some
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: McCain Economics

please see my answer to you in this thread. i am detaching myself from politics as much as humanly possible. if you need clarification, perhaps somebody can provide some but otherwise, i will try to explain as best i can later on.

Sorry. My comment was not directed towards you.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2