Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1190726 - 05/27/09 03:22 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar FBH
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
The creator of HonesTea (sp?) claims that tea leaves never touch water until they are seeping in your cup. If the tea isn't organic that means that whatever chemicals/pestisides were sprayed on the plant are never rinsed off.

I usually try and buy mostly organic produce and after thinking about this I've switched over to organic teas as well.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1190728 - 05/27/09 03:23 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar Bones
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Good ole strong, southern sweetened tea (while the tea is hot!). Lipton Green Tea with Citrus (NO diet). and creamy green tea (hot).

Return to Top
#1190731 - 05/27/09 03:27 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar FBH
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I like green teas - especially Bancha.

Return to Top
#1190733 - 05/27/09 03:28 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar bOaty
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Originally Posted By: Boatn Shasta
The creator of HonesTea (sp?) claims that tea leaves never touch water until they are seeping in your cup. If the tea isn't organic that means that whatever chemicals/pestisides were sprayed on the plant are never rinsed off.

I usually try and buy mostly organic produce and after thinking about this I've switched over to organic teas as well.

do you know of any organic DECAF teas?

(yw kitty) grin

Return to Top
#1190739 - 05/27/09 03:33 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar Miscuit
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
wink

Return to Top
#1190755 - 05/27/09 03:41 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar Miscuit
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Miscuit
Originally Posted By: A G Suhs
"chicken and waffle"...i just learned of this concept this past weekend

seems weird to me

Well serving hot chocolate in a bar seems weird to me.

that's cuz you ARE weird

and lil' defensive today smirk

^^^Should I consider this name-calling?^^^ grin

Return to Top
#1190756 - 05/27/09 03:42 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar A_G
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
i think you should

<----is on probation and likes it! (they use handcuffs)

Return to Top
#1190760 - 05/27/09 03:44 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar kitten
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I think Yogi Tea and Zhena's Gypsy Tea make decafs but I'm not 100%, I always get caffinated so the only time I notice the decaf is when I accidentally pick up the wrong package. smile

Return to Top
#1190765 - 05/27/09 03:46 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar bOaty
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Iced sweet tea, please. Guess it's a southern thing.

Return to Top
#1190767 - 05/27/09 03:46 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar bOaty
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
thanks. i've decided that i really need to cut back/cut out the caffeine, but finding an organic decaf tea is hard!! i'll keep looking. smile

Return to Top
#1190775 - 05/27/09 03:49 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar Miscuit
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
i think you should

<----is on probation and likes it! (they use handcuffs)

I got my eye on you sista!

Return to Top
#1190776 - 05/27/09 03:50 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar A_G
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Did anyone ever do the 'put the teabags in the sun' thing and make their own iced tea from scratch?

Yes.
But no sweeteners for me.

I just recently heard that making tea in this manner is not good for you...but now I have to figure out where I heard that...

Return to Top
#1190779 - 05/27/09 03:50 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar QCL
A_G Offline
10K Club
snopes or wiki? laugh laugh

Return to Top
#1190788 - 05/27/09 03:52 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar A_G
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
True per snopes wink it can harbor bacteria.

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/suntea.asp

Return to Top
#1190792 - 05/27/09 03:53 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar QCL
A_G Offline
10K Club
The coldcuts not longer accept snopes.

(and the phrase 'harbor bacteria' sounds really unappealing! sick )

Return to Top
#1190793 - 05/27/09 03:53 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar QCL
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
yeah, but that's liberal bacteria!

Return to Top
#1190898 - 05/27/09 04:36 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar A_G
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Did anyone ever do the 'put the teabags in the sun' thing and make their own iced tea from scratch?

yes

Return to Top
#1190899 - 05/27/09 04:37 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
cold, unsweet and whatever is the cheapest!

now be sure and get to Farm Town today, the fruit trees are going to go to waste!

ok ok I will chief! Thanks for looking out for the farm. eek

Return to Top
#1190903 - 05/27/09 04:41 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar pjs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
and btw: Go CAVS

Return to Top
#1190904 - 05/27/09 04:42 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar pjs
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: pjs

yes

I sense a family project! cool

Return to Top
#1190936 - 05/27/09 05:14 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar QCL
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver

Bah! That's what your immune system is for! Make some sun tea and enjoy it! I make it all summer long, and I've never been sick form it!

I consider germs and bacteria as workouts for my immune system...It keeps the body's defenses up!

Return to Top
#1190951 - 05/27/09 05:31 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar kitten
Tigg Offline
Power Poster
Tigg
Looking for My Happy Place....
Originally Posted By: .k.i.t.t.e.n.
thanks. i've decided that i really need to cut back/cut out the caffeine, but finding an organic decaf tea is hard!! i'll keep looking. smile

My favorite decaf tea is Lipton Green Tea with Honey - very tasty
Favorite hot green tea is Tazo Zen, but I like most varieties of hot teas. ( I cannot for some reason stomach some green teas - make me queasy.)

Love, love, love fruity cold teas - peach especially! I have a Mr. Coffee Ice Tea maker that I use regularly. Works great with the quart size bags.
Also have a Bodum tea press for loose leaf.

Yes, I like tea! smile

My opinion only.

Return to Top
#1190967 - 05/27/09 05:52 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar FBH
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Not everyone has a
Originally Posted By: FBH

Bah! That's what your immune system is for! Make some sun tea and enjoy it! I make it all summer long, and I've never been sick form it!

I consider germs and bacteria as workouts for my immune system...It keeps the body's defenses up!

My immune system hasn't been the same since I lost part of my liver. Thanks though, I think I'll switch to making sun-less tea.

Return to Top
#1190969 - 05/27/09 05:55 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar QCL
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Not everyone has a
Originally Posted By: FBH

My immune system hasn't been the same since I lost part of my liver. Thanks though, I think I'll switch to making sun-less tea.

Well now I feel like an ass. Sorry.
Last edited by FBH; 05/27/09 07:13 PM. Reason: Because I can say "ass" with reckless abandon!

Return to Top
#1190971 - 05/27/09 05:58 PM Re: green, black, pink. yellow, lemon, hold the sugar FBH
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
FBH, I like sun tea, too. It was always a treat when I was growing up.. Couldn't ever seem to get done fast enough! I never make tea since I've been married, so I haven't had it in a long time. Maybe I'll make some soon.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3