Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#130985 - 11/16/03 07:14 PM texas statues web site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know the site I would go to to review some statues.
Ex: Law where cd helt by joint owners, ok for just one to pledge, however Texas statues says
a notice must be sent to the other party.
Thanks

Return to Top
#130986 - 11/17/03 04:18 PM Re: texas statues web site
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You ask a general and a specific question.

I like this for general searches of Texas laws but your specific question is a new law. Look here as I don't know the time it takes to update my first link.

Certainly there are many other good ones as well.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#130987 - 11/17/03 04:30 PM Re: texas statues web site
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

You ask a general and a specific question.

I like this for general searches of Texas laws but your specific question is a new law. Look here as I don't know the time it takes to update my first link.

Certainly there are many other good ones as well.

Andy--I am not sure I'd depend on this source. I checked the Constitution and it has not been amended since 1995. That means that the home equity lending provisions are not there.

Return to Top
#130988 - 11/18/03 04:25 AM Re: texas statues web site
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Thanks. But hey, gimme some good sites then.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#130989 - 11/18/03 03:03 PM Re: texas statues web site
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I have a site, but you have to pay to play. The Legislature's site is also slow to update, but I don't think they let more than a year go by without updating. That might be the best you can do: www.capitol.state.tx.us.

I guess your inability to keep up with the law without expending money on a subscription site might be what keeps us attorneys in business. You might try your local library. I am not sure if they would have an updated copy of the Statutes. I know that the courthouse in Belton has the updates--that is if someone is bothering to update the books (it was a problem at one time). Probably your best bet would be to set up an arrangement with a local attorney who does some banking law--tell them that you would be willing to be a resource to them, i.e., answering compliance questions, if they would be willing to have someone on their staff occasionally check for updates to laws that you are researching--or better yet, let you use their library occasionally. I can't imagine that you would not be able to find an attorney willing to let you do this. Remember, however, many small firm attorneys have given up their paper library of statutes and rely on their subscription services. You might talk them into letting you use a spare computer occasionally (the only problem is they may pay by the search).

Sorry, this is so rambling--I am just thinking while I am typing. This is a problem.

Return to Top
#130990 - 11/19/03 06:20 PM Re: texas statues web site
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I found a great texas statues web site.

Return to Top
#130991 - 11/19/03 07:47 PM Re: texas statues web site
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Huh !, that's a good one, at first I thought the joke was between cite and sight, but now I see it is the deletion of a "t". I hope Andy is amused.

Return to Top
#130992 - 11/19/03 11:02 PM Re: texas statues web site
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Even though, it probably will not receive the "Z" stamp of approval, I like this searchable site:
Texas Statutes

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top
#130993 - 11/19/03 11:55 PM Re: texas statues web site
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Even though, it probably will not receive the "Z" stamp of approval, I like this searchable site:
Texas Statutes

Been there, done that. This site provided by the state of Texas is not updated very quickly. I am not sure when they will get the 2003 Legislature's changes, but they have not yet. Use it at your own risk. If it is important that you get it right, you should check at a local law library or a lawyer's office. Or call your regulator or trade association.

P.S. If it doesn't happen very often, I will gladly check for updates for you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z