Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Thread Options
#132001 - 11/19/03 11:21 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

The music in Cleabatsu's jukebox this week will be the Beatles latest release. I can't wait to hear it...for over 20 years we've waited to hear this.

A local station played tracks from the new CD on November 7, which they claimed was a "world premiere" airing. Some nice, clean sounding stuff, stripped of Phil Spector's wall of sound. It just emphasized again to me how good the Beatles were.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#132002 - 11/19/03 11:49 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
EGB - Welcome aboard to the wonderful world of consulting!!!!

Return to Top
#132003 - 11/19/03 11:51 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

A local station played tracks from the new CD on November 7, which they claimed was a "world premiere" airing. Some nice, clean sounding stuff, stripped of Phil Spector's wall of sound. It just emphasized again to me how good the Beatles were.

A mostly positive review on Allmusic.com said that unfortunately because of Paul's revision of history, the original album that was supposed to be released, called "Get Back" is not exactly what we are getting with "Let It Be...Naked." He says that what Paul has released is much slicker and without the between song banter that was originally supposed to be on the scuttled "Get Back." He did say though that it was a worthy project, although, he alluded to the need for a third version that was even more stripped down like the Beatles originally intended. He also said that this version is stripped of John's sarcastic comments that appear on "Let It Be." So, I am thrilled and disappointed at the same time.

Return to Top
#132004 - 11/20/03 01:33 AM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
EGB YOU ROCK!!!! You're living my dream babe. Congrats!

Umm how many carbs in champagne? I'm being a really good girl...can I substitute with a glass of white wine? .9 grams....I can have 22.22 of those if I don't have any other carbs today

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#132005 - 11/20/03 06:52 AM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Angelmom Offline
New Poster
Oklahoma
My first crush was on John Lennon - am I old enough to come in? I sure could use a Long Island Tea - in fact just bring me two! The tips in the jar - the cash is on the bar.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#132006 - 11/20/03 12:36 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Congrats EGB. Your daily supplies of information and quips will be missed. Please stop in whenever possible.

Return to Top
#132007 - 11/20/03 01:57 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Awwww, thanks, y'all! And because everyone is being so nice, the champagne will remain available for today as well. Dawnie, didn't you know, celebration champagne has zero carbs? Also zero cals.

Return to Top
#132008 - 11/21/03 02:49 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Hey Z,

I think it's your day to pour your partner something to drink!!! It's been one of those weeks and today promises to be long as well...

A nice creamy Guiness will do nicely to start Anybody care to join me nice and early??

I'll be back later this morning/afternoon to get this party going....

Return to Top
#132009 - 11/21/03 02:55 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yeah, I'm in, got an investor crisis that needs to be dealt with ASAP, ick.

Return to Top
#132010 - 11/21/03 02:58 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I am priming the pump--One pint of Guiness coming up. Have seat over in the corner and choose your favorite show or game on the television--we have "virtually" anything you'd like to watch in television history. Or just sit back in the pub area and enjoy some coversation, shuffleboard, or darts. Or you could go in the back room and enjoy a not-so-legal high stakes game. Or maybe what you need right now is our reading room where talking above a whisper is frowned upon. Take your pick or suggest a room and we'll have it built in a jiffy!

Return to Top
#132011 - 11/21/03 03:11 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I think I'll take a virtual Friday off and spend it in the reading room with my copy of Blowfly by Patricia Cornwell. How about a Corona with lime? I know it's early, but since this is my virtual day, I don't care. Z- can you whip up the spicy wontons today, or do you have some other culinary treat in mind?

Return to Top
#132012 - 11/21/03 03:17 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

I am priming the pump--One pint of Guiness coming up. Have seat over in the corner and choose your favorite show or game on the television--we have "virtually" anything you'd like to watch in television history. Or just sit back in the pub area and enjoy some coversation, shuffleboard, or darts. Or you could go in the back room and enjoy a not-so-legal high stakes game. Or maybe what you need right now is our reading room where talking above a whisper is frowned upon. Take your pick or suggest a room and we'll have it built in a jiffy!

Thank you kind Sir!! If someone needs me I'll be in the Pub area talking and enjoying this virtual break....

Return to Top
#132013 - 11/21/03 03:23 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
You may not want me to cook anything. I tried to cook sugar free chocolate chip cookies yesterday (using Splenda sweetner and naturally sweetened chips and pecan bits). My wife is on a non-sugar diet, but has a sweet tooth. They were nasty, but my dogs like them and they could stand to lose a couple of pounds--so it was not a total loss.

Anyway, today I will serve:

Z's Spicy Buffalo Wings

This buffalo wing sauce recipe name says it all, only for the hot at heart!

Prep Time: approx. 10 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 30 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 40 Minutes.

Makes 5 pounds of wings (10 servings).

5 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
4 cups vinegar-based hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup butter
6 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
3 pickled cherry peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
hickory wood chips

Directions

1 Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Soak hickory wood chips in water.

2 Use a large pot that can be placed on the grill to combine the hot sauce, butter, blue cheese dressing, cherry peppers, onion, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir until well blended, and place on the grate of the grill. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 15 or 20 minutes.

3 Sprinkle some soaked chips on the hot coals. Place chicken wings on the grill, and brush generously with sauce. Grill, turning and basting frequently for 20 to 40 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink and the outside is brown and crispy. Serve with lots of cold drinks!

Return to Top
#132014 - 11/21/03 03:26 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
Quote:

Or maybe what you need right now is our reading room where talking above a whisper is frowned upon. Take your pick or suggest a room and we'll have it built in a jiffy!

There's a reading room?!?! I am so there. I'll just start with coffee for now.

Whispering: "Hi Elena, fellow-book lover, do you mind if I join you?"

Return to Top
#132015 - 11/21/03 03:27 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Z- the wings sound great, I'll have an order. And Kudos to you for making your wife cookies. My husband is diabetic and sugar free baking is tougher than people think. It was really nice of you to try.

Return to Top
#132016 - 11/21/03 03:29 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Good to "see" you Great Blue. What are you reading today?

Return to Top
#132017 - 11/21/03 03:43 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
If anyone has any sugar free recipes for sweets, let me know. I think the recipe was actually at fault. I think they left out an ingredient--eggs. That is the last time I trust a recipe found on the Internet--unless it is a site I am familiar with. The cookie recipe was just something posted by someone named Deb something or other.

Return to Top
#132018 - 11/21/03 03:59 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

If anyone has any sugar free recipes for sweets, let me know.

Can you handle honey, Z?

Return to Top
#132019 - 11/21/03 04:00 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
Quote:

What are you reading today?

I'm actually reading Pilgrim's Progress at the moment. I've had it on my shelf for years and have never got around to reading it. It's very interesting, but not exactly light reading. Since this is a virtual read anyway, I think I'll curl up with one of my long-time favorites, maybe Gone With the Wind.

Return to Top
#132020 - 11/21/03 04:12 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
z--I have a recipe for sugar free brownies that I will post in the recipe sharing thread.

I'm not really feeling too well today. Can you pour me something that will make me fell better (or at least make me forget that I don't fell well )

Return to Top
#132021 - 11/21/03 05:22 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Consider my version of Granny's rheumatiz' medicine poured for your health.

Return to Top
#132022 - 11/21/03 06:05 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
Please line one up for me!!

What a week.

Return to Top
#132023 - 11/21/03 06:10 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Thanks z--I fell better already.

Return to Top
#132024 - 11/21/03 06:16 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
A hot tottie sounds fantastic. Although my business administration professor always said that a good scotch will cure everything (even bad scotch!).

That being said, I'll request a Canadian Club on the rocks. I also think I'm (or at least one of) the youngest BOLers. What do you accept for ID?

Return to Top
#132025 - 11/21/03 06:24 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Two!!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

A hot tottie sounds fantastic. Although my business administration professor always said that a good scotch will cure everything (even bad scotch!).

That being said, I'll request a Canadian Club on the rocks. I also think I'm (or at least one of) the youngest BOLers. What do you accept for ID?

Did you not meet the BOL ID qualification last week? We only check ID's once a life time. Seems like a waste of time to check again. If you have not qualified, I suppose since you are so young, you will need to tell me the name of the members of Milli Vanilli or you can name a New Kids on the Block song.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16