Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1320674 - 01/08/10 01:59 PM The most dominant football conference?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
According to ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports, that would be the SEC...winner of the past 4 National Football BCS games, and winner of 6 of the 12 since the BCS was put into play...

Now, all you haters from less worthy conferences, please flame away...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1320697 - 01/08/10 02:20 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I think a confrences dominance in any given year can be measured. This year I would say the SEC was the best confrence. I would last year as well. But I would hardly call either year dominant. That said the year Florida beat Ohio State, the SEC was dominant. But 6-4 in bowl games, two of which you should have lost is not really dominant.

Return to Top
#1320698 - 01/08/10 02:20 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Hard to argue with that.

I just enjoy a good football (not futbol) game. If that means watching an SEC team in the championship game each year, so be it.

I figure Wisconsin won't contend anythime soon so why even bother.

Return to Top
#1320701 - 01/08/10 02:23 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Peepers
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Hard to argue with that.

I just enjoy a good football (not futbol) game. If that means watching an SEC team in the championship game each year, so be it.

I totally agree with everything you said, just substitue Michigan for Wisconsin in the last sentence. frown *sigh* I can't wait for the day they're good again...

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1320707 - 01/08/10 02:27 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Agnessa
Originally Posted By: Peepers
Hard to argue with that.

I totally agree with everything you said, just substitue Michigan for Wisconsin in the last sentence. frown *sigh* I can't wait for the day they're good again...

Fire Rich and you guys have a chance. He has destroyed all the tradition and the things you hold holy. His ego is bigger than Michigan.

Return to Top
#1320845 - 01/08/10 03:39 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
well, if winning 4 national titles in a row and 50% of them in the past 12 years doesn't sound pretty dang strong to you, i'm not sure what would...

Of course, you could listen to people who know more about football than me, such as
Quote:
ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports
who made the statement.

Now, if you want to debate real football, I'd be happy to discuss which is more dominant - the EPL, La Liga, Eridivise, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc...

Return to Top
#1320847 - 01/08/10 03:40 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
Given that I am not a big fan of SEC football I'd love to argue this...but I can't. The conference had good depth and certainly the best - possibly the two best - teams this year. Congrats, Happy.

Return to Top
#1320852 - 01/08/10 03:42 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Confused Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
oh, don't congratulate me, I'm an LSU follower, we have had 2 bad years (for us, losing 3 games is a capital offense)

Return to Top
#1320857 - 01/08/10 03:45 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Im not debating that they are not the best confrence in football I am debating the dominance statement. They are hardly dominant. I think they have a stronger top 2 than most confrences but their middle of the pack is overhyped and not nearly as good.

Return to Top
#1320863 - 01/08/10 03:47 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Its going to be interesting to see what comes out of FL's gatorland next year. I understand a fair number of the coaches quit and that a number of juniors are skipping senior year and going pro.

It will be interesting to see what Jimbo does with FSU next year.

Of course, Nick Sabine won't be going anywhere - I'm sure the fans at Alabama will do whatever is necessary to keep him around!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1320883 - 01/08/10 03:58 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? waldensouth
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Quote:
Of course, Nick Sabine won't be going anywhere - I'm sure the fans at Alabama will do whatever is necessary to keep him around!

Nick will go wherever the money is. Done it twice now. Good luck on locking him up long term.

Return to Top
#1320892 - 01/08/10 04:08 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Your third best team lost to Penn State, I wouldn't say that makes the SEC a 'dominant' conference. Sure the top two teams appeared to be strong. As far as all the BCS title games, sure they have a lot of wins, because the voters always put an SEC team in the game. Without a play-off, two teams are arbitrarily placed into the title game. If one of them is almost always an SEC team, than odds are good that you have more titles.

Just curious, where does the SEC stack-up as far as GPA or graduation rate? If they are using a larger percentage of guys that don't belong in college, doesn't it make sense that they have an advantage.

Return to Top
#1320893 - 01/08/10 04:09 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I would have liked to have seen the game with Colt as QB. Just wondering if it would have made that much difference. Personally, I think it would have been a better game for sure. Not to say that Texas would have won, but they kinda lost their mojo when Colt went down. Oh, how we OU fans know about injuries. 15 different injured players (some season-ending) during the season and 4 during the bowl game.

Return to Top
#1320900 - 01/08/10 04:12 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Queen Mum
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
And how does Saban recruit players? I've never seen such a dull, stiff, emotionless coach. He makes Bill Belichek look like a wild man.

Return to Top
#1320903 - 01/08/10 04:13 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Queen Mum
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I felt so bad for Texas last night... I don't like them (or Alabama for that matter) but to lose the star/leader of your team so early - that sucks. No matter what team it is. I would feel bad if that happened to Ohio State and I *hate* the Buckeyes.

Return to Top
#1320907 - 01/08/10 04:15 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Bankster
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: DSchrute
And how does Saban recruit players? I've never seen such a dull, stiff, emotionless coach. He makes Bill Belichek look like a wild man.

LMAO

I have hated Saban since his days at Michigan State. I hated how he left the Spartans chasing the almighty $. Then he leaves LSU in the same manner to go to the NFL. Then he leaves the Dolphins without warning to go to Alabama. I hate that guy!

Return to Top
#1320916 - 01/08/10 04:18 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Queen Mum
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Queen Mum, it would have made all the difference in the world. Texas was firing on all cylinders and I am confident they would have won that game had Colt stayed in. Think about it, they rallied in the 4th and came within 3 points with an inexperienced back up quarterback. If McCoy would have stayed in, there is no doubt in my mind they would have rolled the Tide. Plus, Nick Sabine was obviously not too happy about the win, he smiled for all of 8 seconds. He knows that this will not be looked at as a true win without beating Texas with Colt McCoy in the game. The only way they would have gotten full credit for the win is if they would have hung no less than 30 points on them with the back up quarterback in, and that's pushing it.

Return to Top
#1320943 - 01/08/10 04:35 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
I'd have to respectfully disagree with Spivol. McCoy in the game would have made a HUGE difference but we have no way of knowing what would happen had he stayed in. The fact that Texas got close without him does nothing to convince me - I thought Bama played the game that they had to and should have played. When they were up 24-6 they basically went into a prevent offense and defense - run an ultra-conservative offense and make the freshman prove that he could score 18 points. Smart strategy since he was at one point 4 of 22 with two picks. Once he proved that he could get them close Bama put together a decent drive and started bringing a lot of defensive pressure. The result was that they moved the ball, turned the freshman over three times in the last five minutes and hung 37 on the board. I'm not a fan but the game plan made sense to me...

Return to Top
#1320946 - 01/08/10 04:36 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I have to say I ♥ Saban. smile It's been fun watching Bama come back from the years under Mike Shula. I love this game!

I thought it was a good game regardless. That Gilbert kid has got on arm on him.. he's gonna be better than good, I do believe. Heck.. if he didn't completely crack last night, I don't know when he will. I'm bettin he wet himself when they said, "kid.. you're in." laugh

Could the game have been different if Colt had played? Sure! One thing I have to point out is that part of being the #1 team is overcoming adversity & never allowing circumstances to affect play. It affected the Longhorn defense as much as it did the offense. JMO. smile That said, I sure hope Colt's shoulder is alright. And I really would have preferred to see him play.

Want to see a coach who shows less emotion? See UGA's Mark Richt. Saban got pretty pumped on the sidelines a few times.. Richt never does.

GO VOLS!

Return to Top
#1320954 - 01/08/10 04:39 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Ops
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
I will say that I had no rooting interest when I started watching but I could not help but root for the kid once he was thrown in there. I thought the same thing as you, VolOps!! And I felt terrible for McCoy - not the way for him to go out.

Return to Top
#1320967 - 01/08/10 04:46 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Confused Banker
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Don't get me wrong.. I was pullin hard for SEC! grin

Return to Top
#1320970 - 01/08/10 04:47 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Confused Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I, too, was pulling for Gilbert to complete a pass. Once he got a few in, his poise and confidence started to show. I think in 2 more years, barring injury, he will be one of the best QBs in college football. But, there were also many passes that were on the mark that the Texas players dropped. Does McCoy throwing them make them caught? I don't think so. Texas was a step off last night.

Saban is not a moron. When he saw he had the game in hand, he backed off and started to milk the clock. When Texas started to play up, he took off the brakes. If he had played tough all 4 quarters and won by 50, the same people who are saying Texas would have won with McCoy would now be saying what an ass Saban is for running up the score.

Return to Top
#1320975 - 01/08/10 04:50 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Ops
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: VolOps
Don't get me wrong.. I was pullin hard for SEC! grin

I just mean I thought he might have wet himself when McCoy took the pads off grin

Return to Top
#1320993 - 01/08/10 05:00 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Confused Banker
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
All I know is last night was a joke. When McCoy went out, of course Alabama was going to win. McCoy's backup hadn't really taken a snap. It's too bad too as I don't think Alabama would have beaten Texas but for McCoy's injury in the first series.

I would have also liked seeing Boise against a Florida as Cincinnati didn't have a head coach.

Return to Top
#1320995 - 01/08/10 05:01 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Confused Banker
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
LOL, okay!

Return to Top
#1321000 - 01/08/10 05:03 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I felt so bad for Texas last night... I don't like them (or Alabama for that matter) but to lose the star/leader of your team so early - that sucks. No matter what team it is. I would feel bad if that happened to Ohio State and I *hate* the Buckeyes.

Spoken like a true Wolverweinee smirk

LMAO

I have hated Saban since his days at Michigan State. I hated how he left the Spartans chasing the almighty $. Then he leaves LSU in the same manner to go to the NFL. Then he leaves the Dolphins without warning to go to Alabama. I hate that guy!

Yeah, nothing like what Rich Rod did whistle

Return to Top
#1321005 - 01/08/10 05:04 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Ops
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
sure miss the old days, when someone would say "yep, we got beat fair and square" and that was it. Now, people never lose, they just "don't win" but "there is a reason and it is..."

Just for clarification, there will be no asterick next to the announcement that Bama is the National Champion, with a footnote stating that it is only because McCoy was hurt.

Return to Top
#1321021 - 01/08/10 05:15 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
sure miss the old days, when someone would say "yep, we got beat fair and square" and that was it. Now, people never lose, they just "don't win" but "there is a reason and it is..."

Just for clarification, there will be no asterick next to the announcement that Bama is the National Champion, with a footnote stating that it is only because McCoy was hurt.

Why would there be an asterix? Alabama knocked him out of the game. It was not that Colt removed himself. Alabama removed him.

Return to Top
#1321030 - 01/08/10 05:26 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Shemp

Why would there be an asterix? Alabama knocked him out of the game. It was not that Colt removed himself. Alabama removed him.

My thought as well. Bama dehorned the cows.

Return to Top
#1321049 - 01/08/10 05:46 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I guess we will never know...

Return to Top
#1321064 - 01/08/10 05:54 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Spivol
I guess we will never know...

We do know. Alabama knocked him out.

Return to Top
#1321075 - 01/08/10 06:04 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
No, we will never know if they would have one with Colt or still lost. Pay attention Shempy.

Return to Top
#1321078 - 01/08/10 06:05 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: DD Regs

LMAO

Hey, I don't care for Rich Rod, but at least he didn't leave his team before their bowl game. wink Saban did it to MSU, he bolted before their bowl game. Same with that Cincinnati coach Kelly who left them to go to ND before the biggest bowl game in the school's history. frown

Not that I blame these coaches for wanting more lucrative jobs, but I think there should be a rule that a coach cannot accept a new position until after the bowl games. I know it's naive to think that will ever happen, but I always feel so bad for these kids who pretty much feel abandoned before a big game...

Return to Top
#1321083 - 01/08/10 06:07 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
No, we will never know if they would have one with Colt or still lost. Pay attention Shempy.

They had Colt, and lost.

Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore

You might want to do the same!
(not happy but intended for Spivol)
Last edited by Shemp; 01/08/10 06:16 PM.

Return to Top
#1321097 - 01/08/10 06:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

LMAO

Hey, I don't care for Rich Rod, but at least he didn't leave his team before their bowl game. wink Saban did it to MSU, he bolted before their bowl game. Same with that Cincinnati coach Kelly who left them to go to ND before the biggest bowl game in the school's history. frown

Not that I blame these coaches for wanting more lucrative jobs, but I think there should be a rule that a coach cannot accept a new position until after the bowl games. I know it's naive to think that will ever happen, but I always feel so bad for these kids who pretty much feel abandoned before a big game...

Uh, I think you need to study your college football history.

"On December 16, 2007, Rodriguez informed players at West Virginia that he was leaving to succeed Lloyd Carr as the University of Michigan head football coach.[11] Rodriguez's decision came on the heels of a loss to the unranked Pittsburgh Panthers, which eliminated WVU from national championship contention.[12] Rodriguez's original resignation letter listed January 3, 2008 as his resignation date, but he subsequently made it clear that he would not be coaching WVU in its January 2 appearance in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl versus Oklahoma."...
"After the departure of Rodriguez, the Mountaineers went on to defeat University of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl under interim head coach Bill Stewart."

Return to Top
#1321098 - 01/08/10 06:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
They had Colt for one series. I'm just saying that in my opinion they would have one because he manages the team and time better than his back up quarterback. He has more experience which would limit the amount of mistakes made. Logically, the percent of them winning with Colt is higher than without.

Return to Top
#1321099 - 01/08/10 06:16 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts etc.

Return to Top
#1321102 - 01/08/10 06:17 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
That is true. They won fair and square...I just like to think what would have happened if McCoy would have been in the whole game. I guess there's really no need to hypothosize because it is what it is and nothings going to change it.

Return to Top
#1321103 - 01/08/10 06:19 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
They had Colt for one series. I'm just saying that in my opinion they would have one because he manages the team and time better than his back up quarterback. He has more experience which would limit the amount of mistakes made. Logically, the percent of them winning with Colt is higher than without.

Your right. And keep trying to spin it please. Colt could only handle about 3 snaps vs Alabama. If you don't believe me, check it. He got knocked out. Its not like he accidentally missed the flight.

I have been discussing this game with a Texas fan in a private thread. This and other compliants remind me of the USA today article when Texas got snubbed last year. It read in huge letters at the top, BUT, BUT, WE'RE TEXAS. It showed a college girl painted up with horns on her cheaks covered in tears. Just accept it.

Return to Top
#1321106 - 01/08/10 06:23 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country

"On December 16, 2007, Rodriguez informed players at West Virginia that he was leaving to succeed Lloyd Carr as the University of Michigan head football coach.[11] Rodriguez's decision came on the heels of a loss to the unranked Pittsburgh Panthers, which eliminated WVU from national championship contention.[12] Rodriguez's original resignation letter listed January 3, 2008 as his resignation date, but he subsequently made it clear that he would not be coaching WVU in its January 2 appearance in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl versus Oklahoma."...
"After the departure of Rodriguez, the Mountaineers went on to defeat University of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl under interim head coach Bill Stewart."

You're right - I stand corrected.

For some reason I was remembering it wrong, since I thought Lloyd Carr announced his retirement after U-M's bowl game. Now I remember that he did it after the season was over, before the bowl game.

So obviously my distaste with coaches leaving their teams before bowl games applies to Rich Rod as well.

Return to Top
#1321109 - 01/08/10 06:27 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
And I have to agree with a team up north fan, I don't like Richie Rod too. (OMG, did a Buckeye agree with a Wolverinee, heck did just freeze over laugh )

Return to Top
#1321110 - 01/08/10 06:27 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
Originally Posted By: Shemp
This and other compliants remind me of the USA today article when Texas got snubbed last year. It read in huge letters at the top, BUT, BUT, WE'RE TEXAS. It showed a college girl painted up with horns on her cheaks covered in tears. Just accept it.

LSHIPMP!

Return to Top
#1321124 - 01/08/10 06:35 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
What is that?

Return to Top
#1321130 - 01/08/10 06:41 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
blush

Let's just say I laughed really hard.

Return to Top
#1321133 - 01/08/10 06:42 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
:P

Return to Top
#1321138 - 01/08/10 06:45 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Peepers Offline
10K Club
and then he AG'd himself

Return to Top
#1321288 - 01/08/10 08:01 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
laughing so hard he his pants...

Return to Top
#1321289 - 01/08/10 08:02 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
so, then we all agree, the SEC is the most dominant conference in NCAA football! I'm sure glad that's been settled!!!

Now, if I can just find that personal MOD to the conservatives to lock the thread after this post.....

Return to Top
#1321310 - 01/08/10 08:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
I feel for Cincinnati because I know what we went through in WV when Rich God er Rod left. Lying dog. He swore he would never leave. And does it at the worst possible time. He had it made at WVU and didn't appreciate it. Only good thing - WVU players were glad to see him go.

Rich Rod wants to coach in the pros and is trying to use Michigan as a stepping stone. Not doing too good at that - losing games, investigations. Karma payback.

Return to Top
#1321314 - 01/08/10 08:18 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Neytiri
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Donna Banker
I feel for Cincinnati because I know what we went through in WV when Rich God er Rod left. Lying dog. He swore he would never leave. And does it at the worst possible time. He had it made at WVU and didn't appreciate it. Only good thing - WVU players were glad to see him go.

Rich Rod wants to coach in the pros and is trying to use Michigan as a stepping stone. Not doing too good at that - losing games, investigations. Karma payback.

Yes, but most coaches do that and WV just needs to move on. Come on, how backwoods are they? Death theats to his wife and kids at school?

Heck, I remember Urban Meyer coaching at Bowling Green and promising in an interview that he loved BGU and the kids and he wasn't going anywhere. A month later he was the head coach at Utah. Then he "loved Utah" and bolted for Florida when he got the chance. It happens.

Cincinnati players and fans weren't happy about coach Kelly leaving for ND, some were very angry, but I don't hear his family being threatened with bodily harm. Rich Rod may be easy to hate, but there is a line you don't cross.

Return to Top
#1321316 - 01/08/10 08:19 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
[quote=DD Regs]

I'm so glad you posted this great memory for a Pitt fan. We were so happy to beat West Virginia and keep them out of the Championship game, because they are the hated rival! I don't understand Tennessee and LSU fans so happy about Alabama winning. Aren't they your rival? Don't you pray for their demise? Doesn't seeing Saban's stone face crack a half a smile make you want to puke?

This 'my conference is better than your conference' stuff is so lame. Am I supposed to root for the Ravens because they are in the AFC North? NOT OVER MY DEAD BODY.

Return to Top
#1321317 - 01/08/10 08:20 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
so, then we all agree, the SEC is the most dominant conference in NCAA football! I'm sure glad that's been settled!!!

Now, if I can just find that personal MOD to the conservatives to lock the thread after this post.....

N'ah.

I don't feel like locking it.
kthxbai

wink

Return to Top
#1321331 - 01/08/10 08:26 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? QCL
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
shocked
So it's true!
smirk

Anyways, I had a realization at lunch:
Colt McCoy is probably the most bad-a** name ever, and perfectly suited for a quarterback from Texas.

Name's Colt. Colt McCoy. Prepare to die.

Return to Top
#1321339 - 01/08/10 08:29 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Peepers Offline
10K Club
no, Buck Naked is badder asser

Return to Top
#1321342 - 01/08/10 08:30 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Originally Posted By: Buccs
:
Colt McCoy is probably the most bad-a** name ever, and perfectly suited for a quarterback from Texas.

or porn

Return to Top
#1321344 - 01/08/10 08:32 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Miscuit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
sure, and I'm the one that needs special treatment

Return to Top
#1321345 - 01/08/10 08:33 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Peepers
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

Return to Top
#1321351 - 01/08/10 08:38 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Miscuit
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I agree Buccs, when they named him it meant something. He had to live up to that name.

Return to Top
#1321352 - 01/08/10 08:38 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Bankster
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I don't understand Tennessee and LSU fans so happy about Alabama winning. Aren't they your rival? Don't you pray for their demise? Doesn't seeing Saban's stone face crack a half a smile make you want to puke?

This 'my conference is better than your conference' stuff is so lame. Am I supposed to root for the Ravens because they are in the AFC North? NOT OVER MY DEAD BODY.

AMEN! My husband always gets mad about this conference stuff. People are like "don't you want the Big Ten to look good? Why aren't you rooting for the Big Ten?!" and he's like WHY would I ever root for Ohio State or Michigan State?! They're hated rivals!

This is especially frequent when Michigan State is doing something good. Like in the finals of the NCAA tournament last year. It's like just because we're from Michigan we're supposed to automatically like every university in the state?! Please.

Return to Top
#1321354 - 01/08/10 08:40 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? QCL
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver

N'ah.

I don't feel like locking it.
kthxbai

wink

Wait...you're the personal MOD they were talking about? I thought it was in reference to DQ, as everyone knows that DQ has a thing for HappyGilmore Polls! In fact, she often refers to me as the hairbrush for her heart (and we all konw how much that girl needs a hairbrush).

Return to Top
#1321356 - 01/08/10 08:40 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country

Name's Colt. Colt McCoy. Prepare to die.

OMG, that made me bust out laughing.

Return to Top
#1321357 - 01/08/10 08:40 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
A_G Offline
10K Club
I thought she referred to you as "the gin in her martini glasss?"

Return to Top
#1321362 - 01/08/10 08:43 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Bankster
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

I don't understand Tennessee and LSU fans so happy about Alabama winning. Aren't they your rival? Don't you pray for their demise? Doesn't seeing Saban's stone face crack a half a smile make you want to puke?

well, then if you only follow 1 team, in reality, you should never cheer for anyone else, because everyone is technically a rival of your "1" team. in fact, unless your team was playing last night, you shouldn't even be reading or commenting in this thread...

(whew, glad we cleared that up)

Return to Top
#1321368 - 01/08/10 08:45 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? A_G
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Matty_Boi
I thought she referred to you as "the gin in her martini glasss?"

she has many pet names for me, depending on her mood. When she's mad at me, (like if I accidently touched her hair and messed it up) she calls me AG. Go figure, like I really deserve that... eek

Return to Top
#1321369 - 01/08/10 08:46 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Yeah, but come on - that's like saying you shouldn't watch the SuperBowl or talk about it unless one of your teams is playing.

This is why I've always had 5 favorite NFL teams. I like to keep my options open wink

Return to Top
#1321407 - 01/08/10 09:11 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

AMEN! My husband always gets mad about this conference stuff. People are like "don't you want the Big Ten to look good? Why aren't you rooting for the Big Ten?!" and he's like WHY would I ever root for Ohio State or Michigan State?! They're hated rivals!

This is especially frequent when Michigan State is doing something good. Like in the finals of the NCAA tournament last year. It's like just because we're from Michigan we're supposed to automatically like every university in the state?! Please.

I never understood this mentality from the loosers up north. I'm a Buckeye fan first, Big 10 second. If my Buckeyes can't represent the league, who ever else from the league is out there better win. What good is it when we beat the rest of you if you are all a bunch of losers.

I always want that team up North to be undefeated when we play so we can ruin their season, and when you go to a second rate bowl, you better represent the conference and win.

Return to Top
#1321421 - 01/08/10 09:26 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA

well, then if you only follow 1 team, in reality, you should never cheer for anyone else, because everyone is technically a rival of your "1" team. in fact, unless your team was playing last night, you shouldn't even be reading or commenting in this thread...

(whew, glad we cleared that up)

?????

Reading that made my ear bleed.

Return to Top
#1321432 - 01/08/10 09:39 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Bankster
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
IMO Nebraska's most hated rival is Oklahoma. The rivalry is very civil though with both sides having significant respect. I have never boo'd an OU player and when they get up after being hurt, I cheer them on. But I love it when we whip them. I also very much so cheer for them against other teams. I do not do this for other Big XII teams (normally). To me the Oklahoma Nebraska rivaly is historic. Many people probably do not realize why this rivalry is so epic. When one gets strong its the other who knocks them off. That and, the game of the century was one of the first major televised games. The game was on Thanksgiving and was national. The entire country got their first taste of 1 v 2 on a day off while viewing a Heisman trophy winner and two great programs. Back then, almsot no games were on tv.
Last edited by Shemp; 01/08/10 09:43 PM.

Return to Top
#1321433 - 01/08/10 09:40 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country

I never understood this mentality from the loosers up north.

And I never understand why Buckeye fans can never spell the word "loser" correctly grin

LOL, I'm just teasing ya laugh You're off the hook since you spelled it right the second time wink

Honestly, I love the OSU-UM rivarly but I'm just tired of the last decade. Lloyd Carr was too conservative and Rich Rod is just not passionate enough about the rivarly (and he's a joke right now.) We need someone with the similar Tressel mentality you guys have.

Return to Top
#1321441 - 01/08/10 09:44 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club

I never understood this mentality from the loosers up north.

And I never understand why Buckeye fans can never spell the word "loser" correctly grin

LOOSER is the term we equate to the female followers of schools other than those the southerners follow...if you catch my drift shocked

Return to Top
#1321446 - 01/08/10 09:47 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Miscuit
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Miscuit
:

or porn

OMG!!! Get outta my head!!! laugh

Return to Top
#1321452 - 01/08/10 09:58 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? #Just Jay
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
Texas Studs II: Smokin' Colt

Return to Top
#1321475 - 01/08/10 10:20 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Texas Studs II: Smokin' Colt; special guest star: Miscuit, that hot little Texas filly

fixed

Return to Top
#1321610 - 01/09/10 10:16 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I think I enjoy college football more than I enjoy NFL. They seem to play with more heart then working on that next big contract...you know?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3