Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1321000 - 01/08/10 05:03 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Agnessa
I felt so bad for Texas last night... I don't like them (or Alabama for that matter) but to lose the star/leader of your team so early - that sucks. No matter what team it is. I would feel bad if that happened to Ohio State and I *hate* the Buckeyes.

Spoken like a true Wolverweinee smirk

Originally Posted By: DSchrute
And how does Saban recruit players? I've never seen such a dull, stiff, emotionless coach. He makes Bill Belichek look like a wild man.

LMAO

I have hated Saban since his days at Michigan State. I hated how he left the Spartans chasing the almighty $. Then he leaves LSU in the same manner to go to the NFL. Then he leaves the Dolphins without warning to go to Alabama. I hate that guy!

Yeah, nothing like what Rich Rod did whistle

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1321005 - 01/08/10 05:04 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Ops
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sure miss the old days, when someone would say "yep, we got beat fair and square" and that was it. Now, people never lose, they just "don't win" but "there is a reason and it is..."

Just for clarification, there will be no asterick next to the announcement that Bama is the National Champion, with a footnote stating that it is only because McCoy was hurt.

Return to Top
#1321021 - 01/08/10 05:15 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
sure miss the old days, when someone would say "yep, we got beat fair and square" and that was it. Now, people never lose, they just "don't win" but "there is a reason and it is..."

Just for clarification, there will be no asterick next to the announcement that Bama is the National Champion, with a footnote stating that it is only because McCoy was hurt.

Why would there be an asterix? Alabama knocked him out of the game. It was not that Colt removed himself. Alabama removed him.

Return to Top
#1321030 - 01/08/10 05:26 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Shemp
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore

Why would there be an asterix? Alabama knocked him out of the game. It was not that Colt removed himself. Alabama removed him.

My thought as well. Bama dehorned the cows.

Return to Top
#1321049 - 01/08/10 05:46 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I guess we will never know...

Return to Top
#1321064 - 01/08/10 05:54 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Spivol
I guess we will never know...

We do know. Alabama knocked him out.

Return to Top
#1321075 - 01/08/10 06:04 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
No, we will never know if they would have one with Colt or still lost. Pay attention Shempy.

Return to Top
#1321078 - 01/08/10 06:05 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
I felt so bad for Texas last night... I don't like them (or Alabama for that matter) but to lose the star/leader of your team so early - that sucks. No matter what team it is. I would feel bad if that happened to Ohio State and I *hate* the Buckeyes.

And how does Saban recruit players? I've never seen such a dull, stiff, emotionless coach. He makes Bill Belichek look like a wild man.

LMAO

I have hated Saban since his days at Michigan State. I hated how he left the Spartans chasing the almighty $. Then he leaves LSU in the same manner to go to the NFL. Then he leaves the Dolphins without warning to go to Alabama. I hate that guy!

Hey, I don't care for Rich Rod, but at least he didn't leave his team before their bowl game. wink Saban did it to MSU, he bolted before their bowl game. Same with that Cincinnati coach Kelly who left them to go to ND before the biggest bowl game in the school's history. frown

Not that I blame these coaches for wanting more lucrative jobs, but I think there should be a rule that a coach cannot accept a new position until after the bowl games. I know it's naive to think that will ever happen, but I always feel so bad for these kids who pretty much feel abandoned before a big game...

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1321083 - 01/08/10 06:07 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
No, we will never know if they would have one with Colt or still lost. Pay attention Shempy.

They had Colt, and lost.

Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore

You might want to do the same!
(not happy but intended for Spivol)
Last edited by Shemp; 01/08/10 06:16 PM.

Return to Top
#1321097 - 01/08/10 06:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

LMAO

Hey, I don't care for Rich Rod, but at least he didn't leave his team before their bowl game. wink Saban did it to MSU, he bolted before their bowl game. Same with that Cincinnati coach Kelly who left them to go to ND before the biggest bowl game in the school's history. frown

Not that I blame these coaches for wanting more lucrative jobs, but I think there should be a rule that a coach cannot accept a new position until after the bowl games. I know it's naive to think that will ever happen, but I always feel so bad for these kids who pretty much feel abandoned before a big game...

Uh, I think you need to study your college football history.

"On December 16, 2007, Rodriguez informed players at West Virginia that he was leaving to succeed Lloyd Carr as the University of Michigan head football coach.[11] Rodriguez's decision came on the heels of a loss to the unranked Pittsburgh Panthers, which eliminated WVU from national championship contention.[12] Rodriguez's original resignation letter listed January 3, 2008 as his resignation date, but he subsequently made it clear that he would not be coaching WVU in its January 2 appearance in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl versus Oklahoma."...
"After the departure of Rodriguez, the Mountaineers went on to defeat University of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl under interim head coach Bill Stewart."

Return to Top
#1321098 - 01/08/10 06:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
They had Colt for one series. I'm just saying that in my opinion they would have one because he manages the team and time better than his back up quarterback. He has more experience which would limit the amount of mistakes made. Logically, the percent of them winning with Colt is higher than without.

Return to Top
#1321099 - 01/08/10 06:16 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts etc.

Return to Top
#1321102 - 01/08/10 06:17 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
That is true. They won fair and square...I just like to think what would have happened if McCoy would have been in the whole game. I guess there's really no need to hypothosize because it is what it is and nothings going to change it.

Return to Top
#1321103 - 01/08/10 06:19 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Spivol
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
They had Colt for one series. I'm just saying that in my opinion they would have one because he manages the team and time better than his back up quarterback. He has more experience which would limit the amount of mistakes made. Logically, the percent of them winning with Colt is higher than without.

Your right. And keep trying to spin it please. Colt could only handle about 3 snaps vs Alabama. If you don't believe me, check it. He got knocked out. Its not like he accidentally missed the flight.

I have been discussing this game with a Texas fan in a private thread. This and other compliants remind me of the USA today article when Texas got snubbed last year. It read in huge letters at the top, BUT, BUT, WE'RE TEXAS. It showed a college girl painted up with horns on her cheaks covered in tears. Just accept it.

Return to Top
#1321106 - 01/08/10 06:23 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? DD Regs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country

Uh, I think you need to study your college football history.

"On December 16, 2007, Rodriguez informed players at West Virginia that he was leaving to succeed Lloyd Carr as the University of Michigan head football coach.[11] Rodriguez's decision came on the heels of a loss to the unranked Pittsburgh Panthers, which eliminated WVU from national championship contention.[12] Rodriguez's original resignation letter listed January 3, 2008 as his resignation date, but he subsequently made it clear that he would not be coaching WVU in its January 2 appearance in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl versus Oklahoma."...
"After the departure of Rodriguez, the Mountaineers went on to defeat University of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl under interim head coach Bill Stewart."

You're right - I stand corrected.

For some reason I was remembering it wrong, since I thought Lloyd Carr announced his retirement after U-M's bowl game. Now I remember that he did it after the season was over, before the bowl game.

So obviously my distaste with coaches leaving their teams before bowl games applies to Rich Rod as well.

Return to Top
#1321109 - 01/08/10 06:27 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Aggs
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
And I have to agree with a team up north fan, I don't like Richie Rod too. (OMG, did a Buckeye agree with a Wolverinee, heck did just freeze over laugh )

Return to Top
#1321110 - 01/08/10 06:27 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
Originally Posted By: Shemp
This and other compliants remind me of the USA today article when Texas got snubbed last year. It read in huge letters at the top, BUT, BUT, WE'RE TEXAS. It showed a college girl painted up with horns on her cheaks covered in tears. Just accept it.

LSHIPMP!

Return to Top
#1321124 - 01/08/10 06:35 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
What is that?

Return to Top
#1321130 - 01/08/10 06:41 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Buccs Offline
Power Poster
Ohio
blush

Let's just say I laughed really hard.

Return to Top
#1321133 - 01/08/10 06:42 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Buccs
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
:P

Return to Top
#1321138 - 01/08/10 06:45 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Sound Tactic
Peepers Offline
10K Club
and then he AG'd himself

Return to Top
#1321288 - 01/08/10 08:01 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
laughing so hard he his pants...

Return to Top
#1321289 - 01/08/10 08:02 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
so, then we all agree, the SEC is the most dominant conference in NCAA football! I'm sure glad that's been settled!!!

Now, if I can just find that personal MOD to the conservatives to lock the thread after this post.....

Return to Top
#1321310 - 01/08/10 08:14 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? HappyGilmore
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
I feel for Cincinnati because I know what we went through in WV when Rich God er Rod left. Lying dog. He swore he would never leave. And does it at the worst possible time. He had it made at WVU and didn't appreciate it. Only good thing - WVU players were glad to see him go.

Rich Rod wants to coach in the pros and is trying to use Michigan as a stepping stone. Not doing too good at that - losing games, investigations. Karma payback.

Return to Top
#1321314 - 01/08/10 08:18 PM Re: The most dominant football conference? Neytiri
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Donna Banker
I feel for Cincinnati because I know what we went through in WV when Rich God er Rod left. Lying dog. He swore he would never leave. And does it at the worst possible time. He had it made at WVU and didn't appreciate it. Only good thing - WVU players were glad to see him go.

Rich Rod wants to coach in the pros and is trying to use Michigan as a stepping stone. Not doing too good at that - losing games, investigations. Karma payback.

Yes, but most coaches do that and WV just needs to move on. Come on, how backwoods are they? Death theats to his wife and kids at school?

Heck, I remember Urban Meyer coaching at Bowling Green and promising in an interview that he loved BGU and the kids and he wasn't going anywhere. A month later he was the head coach at Utah. Then he "loved Utah" and bolted for Florida when he got the chance. It happens.

Cincinnati players and fans weren't happy about coach Kelly leaving for ND, some were very angry, but I don't hear his family being threatened with bodily harm. Rich Rod may be easy to hate, but there is a line you don't cross.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3