Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#132966 - 11/20/03 08:11 PM Arnold's regulatory "suspension"?
Tisa Offline
Platinum Poster
Tisa
Do you know the way to ...
Has anyone heard any details yet of Govenor Arnold's suspension of all pending regulations until he can review them for their impact on business?

The one that immediately comes to mind is SB1 - the privacy thing. That doesn't have an effective date until 7/1/04, but I'm wondering if there were others (that pertain to financial institutions) that might have a 1/1/04 effective date....?

Return to Top
#132967 - 11/21/03 06:37 PM Re: Arnold's regulatory "suspension"?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't heard anything about Arnold suspending pending regulations, but if it does occur I won't be surprised given, the big corporate lobbyists and special interest groups that he's beholden to. Even if he does, he'll have one heck of a fight with the democratically controlled legislature,who's still seething over this recall. I predict his honeymoon in Sacramento will be very brief. Likewise, I don't know of any other legislation or regulatory acts that have passed, and whether they'll have a direct impact on financial institutions, if you're referring to non banking (mortgage companies). That's my two cents.

Return to Top