Skip to content
BOL Conferences

New Reply Thread Options
#1386170 - 05/05/10 02:52 PM You won a prize! Maybe.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

We recently had a prize drawing at our bank for a set of 4 tickets to a local theater. The tickets are valued at $200.00, a very nice prize.

It has been established that a non-customer came into the bank and signed up her sister, who IS a customer of the bank. The sister won the prize. We called the winner and the phone number was actually the phone number of the non-customer. We told her that the winner needs to come in and pick up the prize and we will verify with ID. The winner was out of town at the time of the drawing and will be out of town for the show, which is in a couple of months.

Should we give the tickets to the non-customer? It seems a little shady, that she was 'stuffing' the ticket box to win a prize. We obviously won't be able to ID the non-customer as the winner, but we do know they are related.

Any thoughts?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1386508 - 05/05/10 08:03 PM Re: You won a prize! Maybe..... Anonymous
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Why would the entrant have used her sister's name? Was the drawing only open to customers? Or did the non-customer sister enter for both of them?

#1386538 - 05/05/10 08:44 PM Re: You won a prize! Maybe..... JacF
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
She is probably like my grandmother and enters every single drawing she has ever seen. She enters herself, my dad, my aunt, my sister, me and my dog - because, wouldn't it be cool if one of us won something!? IMHO the sister that won gets the tickets. If she is not able to attend then re-draw.

#1386653 - 05/06/10 12:56 PM Re: You won a prize! Maybe..... Zoo Mama
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
the winner is the person whose name was selected, not the sister who wrote teh name down. If the winner is unable to accept and receive the prize, then you should redraw.

#1387389 - 05/06/10 10:54 PM Re: You won a prize! Maybe..... Zoo Mama
Plain Old Tom Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: Zoo Mama
She is probably like my grandmother and enters every single drawing she has ever seen. She enters herself, my dad, my aunt, my sister, me and my dog - because, wouldn't it be cool if one of us won something!? IMHO the sister that won gets the tickets. If she is not able to attend then re-draw.

Ditto this. Nothing shaddy about it either. I've got an uncle who enters me all the time even though we are on opposite sides of the country. Its a gift basically. Giving someone the chance to win, like buying lottery tickets for someones birthday.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale