Miz Passions on the oppsite corner

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1405999 - 06/21/10 02:15 PM Re: Verizon! NeBanker
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
But he still lives in grammies basement.... why would she subsidize his room and board and not his telephone.

You know how upset grammy gets when she cant get in touch with her robbie!

Return to Top
#1406076 - 06/21/10 03:38 PM Re: Verizon! #Just Jay
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Just
Fantasy, over on the corner of 1st and National

that's hitting a little too close to home

Return to Top
#1406087 - 06/21/10 03:53 PM Re: Verizon! Peepers
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
What upsets me about Verizon is that they won't talk to me without my husband being present. The account is in his name so he has to be there. We havet two phones so obviously someone is using the second one. Actually my phone is the primary one on the account. Yet my niece bought two $240 phones at Sprint on my brother's account and he passed away 4 months ago. How can a dead man buy a phone?

That being said I love Verizon's service. All of my family has Verizon so we all have unlimited access to call each other.

Return to Top
#1406093 - 06/21/10 03:55 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
A_G Online
10K Club
You can be added as a user. It's either a user to get information only or a user with the ability to make changes to the account, ie - upgrade a plan, add a feature, etc.

You create a password and just tell Verizon that when you're calling/in the store.

That's how it works for us.

Return to Top
#1406130 - 06/21/10 04:36 PM Re: Verizon! A_G
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We have AT&T and it's in my name. I added my husband as an authorized user as AG suggested.

Return to Top
#1406207 - 06/21/10 06:24 PM Re: Verizon! Skittles
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
I tried. They said no. My husband even asked.

Return to Top
#1406214 - 06/21/10 06:40 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Verizon will let other people aside from the primary name on the account make changes if the primary makes the request to allow the other person.

Return to Top
#1406216 - 06/21/10 06:42 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
I just got my shipping confirmation on my new iPhone 4, so obviosly I am happy enough with AT&T to stay with them.

The only thing I have a problem with is the lack of 3g coverage in my area, but I have no other complaints. Course it helps that I know several peeps who work for at&t around here.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#1406234 - 06/21/10 07:02 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Ready for Spring

That's stupid and you should be talking to a manager. That happened with my husband and me and we just provided a password between us so he can deal with verizon too when he needs to.
Verizon has always helped me when I had billing questions and some other things to take care of.

Return to Top
#1406235 - 06/21/10 07:03 PM Re: Verizon! pjs
A_G Online
10K Club
<----- is on peej's family plan

Return to Top
#1406289 - 06/21/10 08:05 PM Re: Verizon! pjs
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: pjs

That's stupid and you should be talking to a manager. That happened with my husband and me and we just provided a password between us so he can deal with verizon too when he needs to.
Verizon has always helped me when I had billing questions and some other things to take care of.

That IS stupid! With AT&T, I can even add and delete "authorized users" online through my online account manager. I added my husband and my MIL (who has one of the lines) and neither of them have had problems getting things done at the AT&T stores.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1406322 - 06/21/10 08:23 PM Re: Verizon! A_G
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: A G
<----- is on peej's family plan

HA! That's right.

Return to Top
#1406343 - 06/21/10 08:32 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North

Does your husband have an account set up through www.myverizon.com? You can add account managers online. I do most of my stuff with Verizon through myverizon.com and have never had any problems.

Return to Top
#1406493 - 06/22/10 01:40 PM Re: Verizon! RR Sarah
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Update - Part of my complaint with the store is that the managers there are very unhelpful and rude. If you have time to travel 30 minutes to the next town they are wonderful. The manager there told me that the stores are actually franchises and that is why there is such a huge difference in service. Anyway.... I went to the store and got a really great little guy to help me. He completely understood what I was saying about using one line two days before and one line just the month before- obviously I wasn't trying to get out of a contract. He discovered that by adding another contract for my Mom at the discounted senior rate and moving that number to my plan he could save us money overall. He also discovered $35 a month of items that were set up wrong on our account when it was opened. So; I added two lines, got a bogo set of phones, and dropped my bill $15 a month after paying for the new contract. He was awesome. I was pleased.

Return to Top
#1406985 - 06/23/10 01:24 PM Re: Verizon! RR Sarah
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah

Does your husband have an account set up through www.myverizon.com? You can add account managers online. I do most of my stuff with Verizon through myverizon.com and have never had any problems.

No. I will have him try that. Well, I will do it for him. LOL. Thanks for the advice.

Return to Top
#1407021 - 06/23/10 01:56 PM Re: Verizon! Zoo Mama
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Zoo Mama
Update - Part of my complaint with the store is that the managers there are very unhelpful and rude. If you have time to travel 30 minutes to the next town they are wonderful. The manager there told me that the stores are actually franchises and that is why there is such a huge difference in service. Anyway.... I went to the store and got a really great little guy to help me. He completely understood what I was saying about using one line two days before and one line just the month before- obviously I wasn't trying to get out of a contract. He discovered that by adding another contract for my Mom at the discounted senior rate and moving that number to my plan he could save us money overall. He also discovered $35 a month of items that were set up wrong on our account when it was opened. So; I added two lines, got a bogo set of phones, and dropped my bill $15 a month after paying for the new contract. He was awesome. I was pleased.

Wow, it really is all about who you talk to. He probably made money getting you to get mom a line too!

Return to Top
#1407072 - 06/23/10 02:34 PM Re: Verizon! B_F
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
The whole thing worked out better than I could have imagined. He was really funny at the end of the hour and a half this all took. He told me that I would be receiving a survey - please tell him I'd give him a 10 !! I laughed but had to agree that he went above and beyond. I told my son to pay attention that it pays to keep your cool but to be persistant.

Return to Top
#1407231 - 06/23/10 05:47 PM Re: Verizon! Zoo Mama
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
Originally Posted By: Zoo Mama

that is so true about the franchises and service. i worked for at&t at an actual at&t store. we were always amazed at the stories customers would tell about their experiences at the franchise stores. they were sold used, returned, and water damanged phones at full price and signed up for contracts without realizing it, among other things. basically the franchise employees are paid commission on sales and features like text packages and if someone returns a phone or takes a feature off thier account, the franchise employee doesn't have their commission taken back like a regular at&t employee would. so they seem focused on helping who can make them money instead of actually helping a customer.

Return to Top
#1407265 - 06/23/10 06:35 PM Re: Verizon! Ready to Retire
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You can even set the other users up online. You don't have to call or go to the store.

I have no issues with Verizon. I travel and lot and often when I am with others I am the only one with coverage in rural areas.

When I had an issue recently when my blackberry died, I complained online and they took care of all of the charges so that all I paid was what I would have paid had it been an insurance situation (I would have had to wait 5 days for a new phone in same model and I said "impossible".)
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1407266 - 06/23/10 06:37 PM Re: Verizon! StarryNight
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
OMG my new iPhone is TEH SEXY!!!

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2