Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1419278 - 07/23/10 03:27 PM RESPA Roundup isn't enough-NEW settlement book!
manylayers Offline
Gold Star
manylayers
PA
HUD has updated the settlement cost booklet (7/15/10). I haven't gone line by line yet....

The link on the hud.gov/respa site doesn't have a date, you actually have to click it to know it was updated.

any votes on whether or not we continue to use our current supply or immediately recycle and print the new ones?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1419314 - 07/23/10 04:07 PM Re: RESPA Roundup isn't enough-NEW settlement book! manylayers
manylayers Offline
Gold Star
manylayers
PA
Now i think there is a 7/21 update...but here's a summary of the 7/15 changes...

Table of Contents: Mostly cosmetic, added headings for already existing categories.

Page 20: Survey.
HUD adjusted a sentence to state that charges may be REDUCED (instead of “avoided”) and added a sentence at the end stating that even if not required by the lender, a survey can provide information regarding the property.

Page 38 “Other Agencies”
This page updates addresses and telephone numbers for the following: Foreclosure Prevention, VA-Guaranteed Loans, and Rural Housing.

Return to Top
#1420244 - 07/27/10 03:54 PM Re: RESPA Roundup isn't enough-NEW settlement book! manylayers
SaaL Offline
Gold Star
The Texas Hill Country
As to votes to use existing supplies - I would, definitely.

If you go to the link on the HUD website, it says "Any previously printed versions of HUD's new settlement cost booklet dated December 2009 or thereafter are acceptable for distribution. When reprinting the booklet, the latest updated edition should be used."

http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/ramh/res/settlement-cost-booklet03252010.cfm

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL