Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1422486 - 07/30/10 10:27 PM Same transaction, mulitple fees
Baker Offline
Platinum Poster
Washington State
I realize that the new Aug 22 rules state that you can not impose more than one penalty fee for the same transaction on credit cards. It specifically states that where a payment is returned NSF you can not charge them again if the check is reprocessed and again returned NSF.

Operations seems to think that if a different check is written for the same billing cycle payment due and is too rejected that they can charge for that NSF check because it is a different check. I think this is related to the same transaction and you can not charge another fee but did not see this specifically addressed. Any thoughts would / input would be helpful.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1422493 - 07/30/10 11:02 PM Re: Same transaction, mulitple fees Baker
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
You cannot charge more than one fee based on a single event or transaction. Thus, even though they write another ck, it is for the same event.

Return to Top
#1422715 - 08/02/10 04:08 PM Re: Same transaction, mulitple fees ahou
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
Operations seems to think that if a different check is written for the same billing cycle payment due and is too rejected that they can charge for that NSF check because it is a different check.

Their way of thinking is what got us all these new credit card rules to begin with.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z