Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1519914 - 03/10/11 02:59 PM Who is security officer?
SnowRed Offline
East Coast
Hi, I thought I read a post a few years ago that discussed the security officer position, but I have searched to no avail. Do you have a full time security officer? If not, what other job is it attached to? Is this effective? What is your asset size and how many branches do you have? Thanks for your input.

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#1523748 - 03/18/11 01:56 PM Re: Who is security officer? SnowRed
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
I am the bank's security officer. I am the BSA officer, one of two compliance people, loan officer,and whatever else is needed to be done. We are a small farming community bank of $80M strong with two branches. Is it effective? I hope so as I personally feel responsible for all 35 employees, keeping our depositors safe as well as the buildings themselves. I once was told by a former President that I tried to run too tight of a security ship. My response was, "until you have held a sobbing teller in your arms after an armed robbery, then you can talk to me." He didn't bug me about security after that. IMO, you can not put a price on security.
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
#1524382 - 03/21/11 01:33 PM Re: Who is security officer? GrannieTwo
James T. Offline
Greeneville, TN
I am the Bank's Security Officer, I also am supervisor of our one person Fraud Department who deals mainly with check fraud and paper draft fraud, I assist our debit card fraud folks with some investigations and communicating with LE when applicable. Our asset size is roughly 2.4 billion, we have 65 branches and three subsidiaries: a financial planning and investment team, a Finance company, and a mortgage division.

Return to Top
#1524383 - 03/21/11 01:40 PM Re: Who is security officer? James T.
James T. Offline
Greeneville, TN
Security officer job description Visit this link for a basic job description of the Security Officer.

Return to Top
#1534527 - 04/12/11 06:49 PM Re: Who is security officer? James T.
Jman253 Offline
100 Club
Jman253
Edmond, Oklahoma
I am a full time security officer with fraud and internal investigations attached to me. We have 3 full time guards and 5 part time guards. We are a 1/2 billion in assets and have a total of 7 branches. I fall under the operations of the bank. They give me a great deal of latitude and I love my job. I have 17 yrs of full time law enforcement experience and this helps out tremendously for this position. Hope this helps.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z