BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1713533 - 06/22/12 09:25 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
How is averaging more assists and a better FG pct. over MORE games skewing the pct?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1713534 - 06/22/12 09:27 PM Re: NBA Finals edAudit
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Wade and Bosh vs Westbrook and Ibaka the salaries do not reflect that fact.

Because Westbrook and Ibaka are young and haven't hit their peak-earning years yet like Wade and Bosh. If we're going to judge talent simply on pay though, there are lots of busts out there that we have to throw in the mix as "most" talented.

Return to Top
#1713535 - 06/22/12 09:31 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
That and the fact that Pete passed away when Lebron was 4 yrs old.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1713537 - 06/22/12 09:34 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
What? Are you saying if Pete hadn't passed away, he'd still be playing or something? Pete would be like 65 or something now. Pete's death was tragic, but it's not as if it cut his playing career short......Pete was pretty much washed up his last couple of years with the Celtics. I do agree however that it's hard to compare Maravich and LeBron.....their games were totally different.

Return to Top
#1713539 - 06/22/12 09:34 PM Re: NBA Finals raitchjay
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Wade and Bosh vs Westbrook and Ibaka the salaries do not reflect that fact.

Because Westbrook and Ibaka are young and haven't hit their peak-earning years yet like Wade and Bosh. If we're going to judge talent simply on pay though, there are lots of busts out there that we have to throw in the mix as "most" talented.

Westbrook and Ibaka can be compared to Wade and Bosh because they are young but James can not be compared to Chamberlain or Jordan because he is young?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1713540 - 06/22/12 09:35 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Sure he can be compared to them.......when did i say he couldn't be compared to them? I just said it's pretty unrealistic to expect LeBron to be the alltime scoring leader at the age of 26....LOL.

Return to Top
#1713541 - 06/22/12 09:36 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
It is hard to compare games in the 70-80 to games of today. It is a different game so comparing on one or two stats does not make sense.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1713543 - 06/22/12 09:37 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
And Ed...you started the comparison by saying the Heat were much more talented than the Thunder.....i just disagreed.

Return to Top
#1713544 - 06/22/12 09:37 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
on paper

CAMS

Return to Top
#1713546 - 06/22/12 09:39 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I'm comparing stats because you're throwing stats out.....i saw guys in the 70s and 80s with my own eyes and i see LeBron with my own eyes......I wish LeBron wasn't any good because i'm not a fan of his....i just believe in giving credit where credit is due....the guy can flat out play and i think he's one of the 10 best players i've ever seen. If you want to say he's not one of the 50 best you've ever seen, ok. I just think it's sour grapes and not wanting to give the guy any credit.

Return to Top
#1713619 - 06/25/12 12:57 PM Re: NBA Finals Comply 101
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Originally Posted By: Comply 101
Quote:
That's the first one for the Heat, it'll be interesting to see how many they end up with and if they can match Jordan or Kobe's 5 -- they should exceed it with the talent they have.

Actually this is the Heat's second championship.
Lebron is a Jordan wannabe and will never be like Mike. Bulls would have had 8 titles in a row withouth Michael leaving to play baseball. No way Heat win more than 6 championships, 3 at the very most. Hopefully Derrick heals fast. Bulls in 2014!

I was referring to this core with their 3, should have been more specfic. Also, you have to keep in mind 75% of the Heat fan base didn't know they even had a team before this free agent splash two years ago, so this could be considered their first lol smile

On the other hand, the best player ever is... BILL RUSSELL. Before reaching the NBA he won 2 NCAA Championships and led USF to 55 consecutive victories - he AVERAGED over 20 points and 20 rebounds per game.

Russell was captain of the 1956 Olympic Team and led them to a Gold Medal with an average margin of victory of over 53 points. This was at a time when professionals were not allowed to play, he played in before playing for the Celtics.

In his 13 years in the NBA he was a 12 time all-star and won 11 NBA Championships (including 8 consecutive championships). He averaged 22.5 rebounds per game, and 15.1 points per game over his career in the regular season. He averaged 24.9 rebounds and 16.2 points per game in the playoffs over his career - including 1961 playoffs when he averaged 29.9 rebounds per game and 1962 playoffs when he averaged 26.4 rebounds and 22.4 points per game. They did not record blocks when Russell played, but it is estimated he would have averaged 7 blocks per game during the course of his career.

Over the course of 1956-1957 this man won an NCAA Championship, Olympic Gold Medal, and an NBA Championship. Insane.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8