Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#171761 - 03/22/04 02:26 AM How does check 21 affect the proof department?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How will the new check 21 system affect proof deptartments. Will check 21 eliminate all need for proof operators and workers associated with the proofing system

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#171762 - 03/22/04 09:35 PM Re: How does check 21 affect the proof department?
Believer Offline
New Poster
Portland, OR.
Are you doing an image capture in you proof department now? If so, eventually you should be able to greatly reduce the number of proof operators - but on the image capture side you still need balancing, reject and rentry staff. The proof operator job really morphs into image capture work, overall it should take a less people.

Return to Top
#171763 - 03/23/04 06:07 PM Re: How does check 21 affect the proof department?
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
As it stands right now, items still need to be MICR encoded. So, I'm assuming that in the short term it shouldn't affect proof departments too much.

But I've seen demos on some products out there that can help eliminate proof entirely with the use of CARLAR software.

I could be wrong though.

Return to Top
#171764 - 03/28/04 04:03 AM Re: How does check 21 affect the proof department?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. We are in the process of changing over to the check 21 system in a few months. I was wondering what does the CARLAR do.

Return to Top
#171765 - 03/31/04 05:27 PM Re: How does check 21 affect the proof department?
Anonymous
Unregistered

CAR/LAR doesn't eliminate the "proof" function, as the software only attempts to read amounts. We currently get about 70% read rates, so an operator still needs to enter amounts on the other 30%. CAR/LAR also can have read errors which also need to be resolved by an operator. Additionally, you still need to proof/balance transaction.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett