Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1746621 - 10/04/12 03:04 PM E-checking statements
WHAT ?!?! Offline
WHAT ?!?!
We have a number of customers who signed up for e-checking and their login IDs have not been accessed for a long time. We want to delete these login IDs because we are paying for them. How long do we need to keep them on file in case someone wants to access their e-statement?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1747343 - 10/06/12 04:05 PM Re: E-checking statements WHAT ?!?!
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
What does your agreement with them say? It should address non-use. You have to convert them to paper now. Do you have a valid snail mail address, are the accounts active, will fees change as a result that will require disclosure and pre-notification?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1747584 - 10/09/12 03:31 PM Re: E-checking statements WHAT ?!?!
WHAT ?!?! Offline
WHAT ?!?!
It states, "If your account(s) is closed or restricted for any reason, or if there has not been any Internet Banking or Bill Payment activity for a period of three (3) consecutive months, accessibility will automatically terminate." E-banking customers have been notified that if a paper statement is required, they will be charged a $7 fee. So my feeling is these customers have been notified when their accessability would be terminated and they would be charged a fee for paper statements.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z