Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#178823 - 04/12/04 06:11 PM CIP Examination Procedures
Michelle D Offline
Gold Star
Michelle D
Terminator Country
I thought I saw the new CIP exam procedures somewhere. I've done a search and can't find anything, so it may be a case of me losing my mind.

Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#178824 - 04/12/04 06:22 PM Re: CIP Examination Procedures
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Here's the FDIC's. The OCC and Fed have only supplemented their prior procedures, not updated them entirely.

Return to Top
#178825 - 04/12/04 06:56 PM Re: CIP Examination Procedures
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
I was at a recent conference in which an OCC representative indicated that a more detailed set of interagency CIP exam procedures will be "forthcoming". (I'm not going to guess how long "forthcoming" means in regulator-speak)

Return to Top
#178826 - 04/12/04 07:02 PM Re: CIP Examination Procedures
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:

interagency CIP exam procedures

You mean they are going to act like they are all enforcing the same law and have the same procedures! Kewl idea!

Return to Top
#178827 - 04/12/04 08:28 PM Re: CIP Examination Procedures
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I recently conducted our first BSA internal audit with the new CIP procedures. I used the FDIC's exam procedures that included a review of a bank's CIP Program, has something changed?

Through discussions on these boards I have been surprised to hear that the examiners are not conducting detailed reviews of documentation to ensure a bank's compliance with the requirements. It seems to merely be a cursory review to make sure that when asked, employees respond properly to questioning. This seems awfully lax for a new regulation.

Return to Top
#178828 - 04/12/04 09:25 PM Re: CIP Examination Procedures
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Mackenzie: I think the detailed reviews will happen after the detailed exam procedures come out.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z