Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thread Options
#1809843 - 05/01/13 04:49 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Retired DQ
The Minion Offline
Platinum Poster
The Minion
I was just thinking the same thing as I read that post! laugh Great minds... wink

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1809857 - 05/01/13 05:01 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Matt_B
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
Originally Posted By: Dani York, CRCM
You need to work on your marketing, Matt.

Sell your stuff as an example of what not to do. wink

Please join me on Tuesday, May 7th for a free webinar entitled "Don't use security or IT policies with last edited dates that start with 198x!" In it, you will see some of the most abysmal policies ever, and by comparison they will make you look like a real rock star!

If you enjoy this one, the following week I'll be offering a follow-up webinar about the dangers of only reviewing or updating your policies when the examiners are here requesting specific ones laugh

I didn't realize that we worked at the same bank, Matt!

Return to Top
#1810943 - 05/03/13 07:04 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? cbu3
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Back on original track......

Don't be overly judgement on question-askers.

For instance.....the bank who needs a compliance officer and so transfers a loan assistant to the position...or perhaps the head teller because no one else wants the job, or because they won't pay enough to get a "real" compliance officer or because management really has no clue with respect to what the job involves. And so they throw these poor people into the position with nothing, and they are just floundering in the dark, doing the best they can. This management approach may have worked "back in the day", but not now.

Return to Top
#1810949 - 05/03/13 07:10 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I don't disagree with you swiggles. If it's a new poster or I can tell that the person is new by how they ask the question, I usually just answer and move on. The impetus for my starting this thread, however, was a basic question on a requirement that's been around for over 2 years that was posted by a user who has been a memeber since 2004....AND then they PM'd me the exact same question right after I pointed them to the reg that spelled out the answer.

The poster really justed wanted someone to come out and do the work for them instead of researching it on their own.

Return to Top
#1810959 - 05/03/13 07:19 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I don't disagree with you swiggles. If it's a new poster or I can tell that the person is new by how they ask the question, I usually just answer and move on. The impetus for my starting this thread, however, was a basic question on a requirement that's been around for over 2 years that was posted by a user who has been a memeber since 2004....AND then they PM'd me the exact same question right after I pointed them to the reg that spelled out the answer.

The poster really justed wanted someone to come out and do the work for them instead of researching it on their own.
I agree. You can also tell when the poster is, for example, a lender who wants to know something and has no idea which reg the question is in reference to or how to post the question intelligently.

Here's what I'm guilty of. Someone at my bank.....like um......the chief lender....asks me a compliance question and needs an answer within the hour. It's more than likely a question I've never had or something complicated or confusing. I scramble to start my research but go ahead and post a question for some leads.

Or

I have a complete brain f@rt about something.

Or

I know the answer is there somewhere in the reg, but I can't find it.

And I THANK EVERYONE ONE OF YOU who have helped me!!!

Return to Top
#1810961 - 05/03/13 07:23 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We all have days where we just forget everything we've ever known....I think most of the regulars know forgive occassional "I've lost my mind and don't know where to find it" posts. The annoying ones are the users who post the same lazy style questions where you can tell:

1--They haven't even tried to find out on their own.
AND
2--They aren't planning on looking it up themselves.

When I have brain issues, I usually preface my questions with "I know this but I'm having issues today" or "I've looked but can't seem to find x" type things.

Return to Top
#1810965 - 05/03/13 07:27 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Dani, if you could get back to summarizing the DFA stuff for us, it would be great. Those things aren't gonna summarize themselves. smile

Return to Top
#1810966 - 05/03/13 07:28 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I believe in paying it forward and I'm grateful to all who've been there for me on brain f*rt and 'need to bounce this off somebody' days.
But if someone asks just one more time if they MUST redisclose for anything other than a rate lock...well, I'm sure my attorney will get me off for justifiable homicide. just sayin'.......... crazy

Return to Top
#1810968 - 05/03/13 07:33 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? raitchjay
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Dani, if you could get back to summarizing the DFA stuff for us, it would be great. Those things aren't gonna summarize themselves. smile
And, have you a lending risk assessment you would be willing to share?

Also, if my loan amount changes, do I have to provide a new GFE?

Also, while I'm thinking of it.....one of my lenders is taking a house as an abundance of caution. Do I hafta "do flood."

Return to Top
#1810969 - 05/03/13 07:33 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I'll come bail you out, TR..oh wait..they might not take property in the swamps of GA in your area of the world. frown

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1810971 - 05/03/13 07:35 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? raitchjay
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
We could get rich publishing cliff notes for new regulations.....something bigger than a summary, but less than having to read the entire blah, blah.

Return to Top
#1810975 - 05/03/13 07:38 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Sometimes, we get pounded so much we begin to doubt and need someone out there to reinforce that we are right.....

But I agree, as a general rule, folks who have been in compliance need to know how to look things up.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1810977 - 05/03/13 07:39 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? swiggles
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By: swiggles

For instance.....the bank who needs a compliance officer and so transfers a loan assistant to the position...or perhaps the head teller because no one else wants the job, or because they won't pay enough to get a "real" compliance officer or because management really has no clue with respect to what the job involves. And so they throw these poor people into the position with nothing, and they are just floundering in the dark, doing the best they can. This management approach may have worked "back in the day", but not now.

Okay, if you're going to talk about me, at least call me out! laugh

Return to Top
#1810978 - 05/03/13 07:40 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Matt_B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1810990 - 05/03/13 07:50 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
dblack Offline
Gold Star
AL
The impetus for my starting this thread, however, was a basic question on a requirement that's been around for over 2 years that was posted by a user who has been a memeber since 2004....AND then they PM'd me the exact same question right after I pointed them to the reg that spelled out the answer.

If I am guessing correctly on which post you are talking about, a pattern and practice can positively be established for the poster by looking through their history smile

CRCM

Return to Top
#1810994 - 05/03/13 07:56 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
.....my meeting with mortgage lenders this morning.

We're talking about gathering GMI and one 'em says "but don't we have three days to gather that?"

We're talking about temporary financing being exempt from HMDA and one 'em says "except when the construction term is greater than 2 years."

Return to Top
#1810996 - 05/03/13 07:56 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? dblack
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: JohnBasedow,CRCM
The impetus for my starting this thread, however, was a basic question on a requirement that's been around for over 2 years that was posted by a user who has been a memeber since 2004....AND then they PM'd me the exact same question right after I pointed them to the reg that spelled out the answer.

If I am guessing correctly on which post you are talking about, a pattern and practice can positively be established for the poster by looking through their history smile

wink

Unfortunately there are several posters like that.....

Return to Top
#1810997 - 05/03/13 07:58 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sadly, some people, every post is a brain f@rt, whether they realize it or not...

Return to Top
#1810999 - 05/03/13 08:01 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
sadly, some people, every post is a brain f@rt, whether they realize it or not...
Yeah....I try not to respond to those with "doh!!"

Return to Top
#1811000 - 05/03/13 08:01 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? swiggles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Yeah....I try not to respond to those with "doh!!"

Doh! shocked

Return to Top
#1811002 - 05/03/13 08:03 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We all have days where we just forget everything we've ever known....I think most of the regulars know forgive occassional "I've lost my mind and don't know where to find it" posts. The annoying ones are the users who post the same lazy style questions where you can tell:

1--They haven't even tried to find out on their own.
AND
2--They aren't planning on looking it up themselves.

When I have brain issues, I usually preface my questions with "I know this but I'm having issues today" or "I've looked but can't seem to find x" type things.

I will sometimes ask something and request if I can be directed to the area of the reg that discusses it, so I can read it myself and learn it better.

But then there are those that ask you not only what the answer is, where it can be found, and then to provide a specific citation to backup your answer!! Excuse me?!? No.

Clearly this is an order you were given, and you are passing it off on me/us. Not gonna happen. Learn how to use the Google or Soup like the rest of us have.

And they are usually posting Anon to boot!

Return to Top
#1811006 - 05/03/13 08:05 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I like how Persful (and others) just give the citation number (no reference to which regulation the citation is from) as the answer. So at least, then, the poster is "encouraged" to read for him/herself. That is a true education technique.

Return to Top
#1811007 - 05/03/13 08:05 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Along these same lines, do any of you experience that your well-thought-out, carefully written e-mails and memos to bank staff are COMPLETELY ignored? It has been happening to me more and more, and ticks me off to no end.

I really want to bury something like "I don't even know why I bother to help you ungrateful slobs, and may a pox make your pink parts itch if you don't reply that you read this message" deep in the e-mail, just for giggles. smile

Return to Top
#1811014 - 05/03/13 08:06 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
laugh

Return to Top
#1811017 - 05/03/13 08:10 PM Re: ::Rant Warning:: Does anyone know how to read????? Dani York, CRCM
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward

::checks registered date::

Whew...wasn't me.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10