Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1811256 - 05/06/13 03:35 PM Compliance Management System
TennesseeFlash Offline
We are looking to implement a Compliance Management System and I wanted to know if anyone has done this, how was it set up and what framework was used to set it up.

Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1811940 - 05/07/13 08:44 PM Re: Compliance Management System TennesseeFlash
Dr.Ozya Offline
Phila
It would depend on what had triggered such an unnatural desire:), and what is the size of the bank. Basically, what the regulators want to see is that 4 components are fully addresed: policies & procedures; testing & monitoring; training; and consumer complaints. You need to start with compliance risk assessment, and base your system on that. Also, regular updates to the Board or its committee is a good idea.
Policies and procedures are self-explanatory, you need to approve and revise them periodically.
For testing & monitoring, they will be happy if you have a formal monitoring schedule (risk-based), and document each monitoring with a memorandum.
On training, you need to establish criteria for assigning training for job types, and means to monitor the performance (test scores, number of attempts, remedial training, etc); also, the formal training plan presented to the Board is a good practice.
Finally, on consumer complaints you need a policy or procedure, a log, review of the trends, and also Board updates.
I joined a bank that had compliance MOU for the absence of CMS, and after putting all of the above in place, the MOU was lifted.

Return to Top
#1811993 - 05/07/13 11:11 PM Re: Compliance Management System TennesseeFlash
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
The CFPB has a pretty good discussion of compliance management in their latest version of their handbook. http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201210_cfpb_supervision-and-examination-manual-v2.pdf Go to page 34 of the PDF file.

You might also want to look at the cover story from the ABA Bank Compliance Magazine's Jan./Feb. 2013 issue. http://www.aba.com/Products/bankcompliance/Documents/Jan-Feb13CoverStory.pdf

Return to Top