Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1815747 - 05/20/13 03:37 PM Acord - Evidence of Property Ins.
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I have a note from 11/2011 that says that we can not accept Acord notices as proof of flood insurance. Now I can not find my source for this. Does anyone else have any info on this?

Return to Top
Flood Compliance
#1815754 - 05/20/13 03:43 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
An Accord page is basically just a summary of insurance that is (or should be) in place. The problem I've had with accepting them is primarily on new policies. The agents will type them up and offer them like they are actual dec pages for a new policy that has not been officially issued yet. They are not. The Accord form is a blank form that the agent produces from their office. It is not produced by the flood underwriting unit (ie it is not a policy doc, or an application).

We have gotten away from accepting them on any of our flood loans, and only accept actual dec pages from the flood underwriting unit on existing policies (the ones that are mailed to you) or copies of applications, paid receipt, and proof that the app and premium have been sent to underwriting on new policies.

Return to Top
#1815756 - 05/20/13 03:47 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thanks, yes, we stopped taking them in 2011 and I haven't seen one in ages until today. Now I can't find my source telling us that they were not acceptable. I thought the OCC put out some kind of notice. Maybe not.

Return to Top
#1815764 - 05/20/13 03:55 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I don't know of anything that explicitly stated not to accept them, but I've been at FDIC banks forever. We decided not to accept them because of previous experience with local agents not doing what they were supposed to do. When questioned about why, we relied on the verbiage in the now rescinded Mandatory Purchase Guidelines for acceptable proof.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Return to Top
#1815770 - 05/20/13 04:01 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thanks, appreciate it.

Return to Top
#1816419 - 05/22/13 02:35 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
JSS Offline
New Poster
Overland Park, KS
Refer to the General Rules section in the NFIP Flood Insurance Manual on page GR 15. Explains acceptable evidence of insurance for new policies and renewal policies.

Return to Top
#1816424 - 05/22/13 02:45 PM Re: Acord - Evidence of Property Ins. SMQ, CRCM
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thanks Salinas,
It says that application and premium payment or a copy of the dec page is sufficient "proof of purchase". It also says ..."for informational purposes only" the NFIP recognizes certificates or evidences of flood insurance ... if the following info is included.....

So we are back to the original plan, app and proof of payment OR dec page only.

Thanks for the cite.

Return to Top