Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1916373 - 04/22/14 01:42 PM privately owned ATM's
kelso Offline
Indiana
How do you identify the ATM's that your customers have that could be privately owned?

How do you monitor these accounts? What type of EDD do you do? i.e. sight visits, software, copies of contracts?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1916384 - 04/22/14 01:56 PM Re: privately owned ATM's kelso
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If you search this forum for "ATM" you will find several related threads. If you find one that follows your questions, but doesn't full answer them, revive it by posting a question at the end.

Return to Top
#1916437 - 04/22/14 03:56 PM Re: privately owned ATM's kelso
BSAmic Offline
New Poster
BSAmic
Illinois
The ATM service provider will send the funds via ACH to the ATM owner's account. Some of the more common providers are Columbia Data Services, Data Stream and Metavante. You'll see these credits on a regular basis and possibly even be daily. If they are appropriately handling their ATM replenishment you may see periodic withdrawals from the account to reload the machine.In some instances they may have a company handling the replenishment themselves.

Sometimes we do find they are using their proceeds from their business to reload the machine.

When opening the account we do ask for their contract and depending on what state you reside in, they may have registered their machine with the state.

Return to Top
#1916698 - 04/23/14 01:43 PM Re: privately owned ATM's kelso
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
We also conduct annual site visits of entities that would tend to have them (gas stations, restautants, bars, etc) to see if they do. In addition, there's a form on the tools page that I shared that outlines what we do based on ATM ownership.

Return to Top
#1917815 - 04/25/14 07:12 PM Re: privately owned ATM's kelso
kelso Offline
Indiana
Thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z