#1937180 - 07/02/14 12:41 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I so agree with Snowgirl

But in regard to Becca's earlier post:

Quote:
People who argue simply for the sake of arguing.

I resemble that remark! laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1937191 - 07/02/14 01:02 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
sure do... smirk

Return to Top
#1937198 - 07/02/14 01:09 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Well, duh. smirk

Return to Top
#1937206 - 07/02/14 01:20 PM Re: Pet Peeves RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
I so agree with Snowgirl

But in regard to Becca's earlier post:

Quote:
People who argue simply for the sake of arguing.

I resemble that remark! laugh

You approach it like a sport, though. wink The truly obnoxious arguers (is that even a word?) care more about winning the argument than they do about actually being correct.

Another pet peeve: People who feel it necessary to tell you the price tag of everything they own. "Do you like my new ________?" Yes, it's very nice. "It better be. I paid $400 for it." I don't care.

Return to Top
#1937209 - 07/02/14 01:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves RR Becca
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I'm reading this on my $400 IPad

Return to Top
#1937227 - 07/02/14 01:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves swiggles
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Another pet peeve: People who feel it necessary to tell you the price tag of everything they own. "Do you like my new ________?" Yes, it's very nice. "It better be. I paid $400 for it." I don't care.

I'm the opposite.....I tell everyone how cheap....um.....inexpensive my stuff is and how I got it on sale.

That's just being helpful! If I like your super-cheap thingamabob, I can then go get my own. grin

Return to Top
#1937230 - 07/02/14 01:48 PM Re: Pet Peeves swiggles
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Another peeve this morning.......and SURELY this is EVERYONE'S peeve EXCEPT the clueless people who are the cause of the peeve.

I'm walking into (or walking out of) a building, see someone behind me and politely hold the door for the person. And the person just walks right past me with no thank you or nod or acknowledgment of my presence whatsoever. I'm tempted to hollar "you're welcome" at the person, but figure the person wouldn't know why on earth I said it.

I hate this as well! And heaven forbid they hold the door for you a different time!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1937244 - 07/02/14 02:01 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
My wife only does one thing that irritates me. She knows it's a pet peeve, but she does it anyway, because she thinks she's right.

In our house, I do the after dinner dishes. My son and daughter used to do them, then my son left and my daughter and I did them, then she left. So I do them.

I am the very opposite of an OCD person, except when it comes to dishes. I have a specific routine. I do the glassware first, when the dishwater is still clean. Then I do silverware. Then dinner plates, then other plates and bowls, and lastly the pots and pans, which are the dirtiest.

My wife, every now and then, just before we eat, will fill the sink with soapy water and throw everything in all together. It's outrageous. Dirty pots go in with glassware from lunch. It throws off my entire routine.

I have gotten her to stop hiding sharp knives at the bottom of the sink, by threatening to use them on her.

Return to Top
#1937255 - 07/02/14 02:08 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
The hubs is super OCD about stuff, MBH, so I get where you are coming from. I try to do things the way he likes them when I can (or, at least, when he's around laugh ).

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1937269 - 07/02/14 02:20 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
It drives me bonkers when people make copies of copies of copies of forms. They are barely legible and crooked. JUST PRINT A NEW ONE!!

Return to Top
#1937273 - 07/02/14 02:28 PM Re: Pet Peeves MyBrainHurts
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
I am the very opposite of an OCD person, except when it comes to dishes. I have a specific routine. I do the glassware first, when the dishwater is still clean. Then I do silverware. Then dinner plates, then other plates and bowls, and lastly the pots and pans, which are the dirtiest.

Your mother taught you right.

My wife, every now and then, just before we eat, will fill the sink with soapy water and throw everything in all together. It's outrageous. Dirty pots go in with glassware from lunch. It throws off my entire routine.

I have gotten her to stop hiding sharp knives at the bottom of the sink, by threatening to use them on her.

Death could totally be justified here.

Return to Top
#1937280 - 07/02/14 02:38 PM Re: Pet Peeves MyBrainHurts
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply

Mine also does this. She piles everything in the sink, to overflowing because she wants it off the counters, then I have to un-stack it so there's enough room to actually operate while washing.

She's a very clean person, very organized, but will put dishes in the sink and just leave them there. Usually a glass and bowl from breakfast or something that would literally take 30 seconds to rinse and put in the dishwasher.

Last night we were having a friendly disagreement in the car, and happened to see a very nice rainbow across downtown. I looked at her and said "I'm going to find the pot of gold at the end of that, put you in it, and let you be someone else's treasure if you don't stop acting crazy". She was laughing too hard to be mad. laugh

Return to Top
#1937285 - 07/02/14 02:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves #Just Jay
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: #Just Jay

Your mother taught you right.

Death could totally be justified here.

Agreed.

Return to Top
#1937308 - 07/02/14 03:31 PM Re: Pet Peeves Sci_Comply
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
It drives me bonkers when people make copies of copies of copies of forms. They are barely legible and crooked. JUST PRINT A NEW ONE!!

^^^^This.

Return to Top
#1937319 - 07/02/14 03:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
OK, now I feel bad that dishwater is one of my pet peeves. blush Maybe that's more of a germaphobia thing than a peeve? I can't stand to wash dishes in standing water. It's like taking a bath in a pond - there's no way you can convince me that standing water food of food bits gets my dishes clean just because there's suds involved. eek

(For the record, I also am not a fan of tub baths for exactly the same reasons.)

Return to Top
#1937331 - 07/02/14 03:51 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Becca, exposure to germs is good for you. It helps build immunity. Some people say our over-sanitized homes contribute to allergies and asthma in kids when they go to school. So, jump in that pond with a bar of soap.

Return to Top
#1937332 - 07/02/14 03:53 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Actual dirt doesn't scare me - heck, I even share apples with my horses. For some strange reason using standing water to wash anything just skeeves me out.

Return to Top
#1937334 - 07/02/14 03:55 PM Re: Pet Peeves RR Becca
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
OK, now I feel bad that dishwater is one of my pet peeves. blush Maybe that's more of a germaphobia thing than a peeve? I can't stand to wash dishes in standing water. It's like taking a bath in a pond - there's no way you can convince me that standing water food of food bits gets my dishes clean just because there's suds involved. eek

(For the record, I also am not a fan of tub baths for exactly the same reasons.)

I don't like hot tubs either! sick Boiled people. Gross.

Return to Top
#1937336 - 07/02/14 03:56 PM Re: Pet Peeves MyBrainHurts
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
My wife, every now and then, just before we eat, will fill the sink with soapy water and throw everything in all together. It's outrageous...

How about - two plates are both clean on the bottom, and have sticky remains on top (maybe spaghetti sauce, etc.). So instead of setting them side by side on the counter, she makes a stack! A sticky, dripping, leaning tower of Pisa. Now all the plates are dirty on the bottom, too. I was going to wash the bottoms anyway. But now they have food etc. STUCK to them.

Return to Top
#1937338 - 07/02/14 03:57 PM Re: Pet Peeves cheekEE
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Originally Posted By: MonkEE
I don't like hot tubs either! sick Boiled people. Gross.

I recently fled from a hot tub situation (at a condo) when this very skeevy looking dude with pale skin, red eyes, and matted dreadlocks arrived on the pool deck and started taking off his shoes.

Return to Top
#1937339 - 07/02/14 04:00 PM Re: Pet Peeves cheekEE
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: MonkEE
Boiled people. Gross.

laugh !!!

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1937346 - 07/02/14 04:04 PM Re: Pet Peeves manimal
A_G Offline
10K Club
NOM NOM NOM

Return to Top
#1937368 - 07/02/14 04:30 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Exactly! I do the scour/scrub routine, then shower, then have a nice long soak.

Return to Top
#1937372 - 07/02/14 04:32 PM Re: Pet Peeves VMack
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
Agreed! There were 6 kids in my family growing up and we had to share tub water since we had a well and septic. EEEWWWWW!!!! I always prayed I was one of the first to get in otherwise there would be a film of dirt on top the water and it would be lukewarm. I still get the heebie jeebies thinking about it. sick

Return to Top
Page 7 of 45 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 44 45