Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1991646 - 01/28/15 02:43 PM Dear iPhone haters...
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Apple sold 74.9mm iPhones in the last 3 months of 2014, more than they sold in all of 2011...they have enough cash on hand to buy 480 of the S&P500 companies...keep using your Androids and Windows phones, you cutting edge people you

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1991651 - 01/28/15 02:53 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Tater Offline
Platinum Poster
Missouri
laugh

Preach! smile

Loan Review, HMDA, ALLL

Opinions are my own and do not reflect any others

Return to Top
#1991673 - 01/28/15 03:14 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I keep it balanced, iPhone for work, iPhone for my daughter, android for me......

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1991693 - 01/28/15 03:49 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I'm an iPhone user, and have converted the rest of the family to them as well. However, the wife is wanting to switch back to one of those large Androids when her contract is up for some reason. Eh, whatever she wants. I just like the relative reliability of the iPhones I've had compared to the Androids the rest of the family have had. Never had a problem with one that wasn't my fault (water in the charging port).

Return to Top
#1991702 - 01/28/15 04:01 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I'm not an Apple robot but I love my iPhone. I would never switch to an Android. Hubby did last time and after a month was wishing he hadn't. He's counting the days until August when he can switch back to an iPhone.

Return to Top
#1991708 - 01/28/15 04:21 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
I don't hate the iPhone, I just don't get why it's so superior. I have an Android, and it works just fine for what I need it for (maybe cuz I'm older, and don't particularly care about all the bells and whistles). What I do find humorous is when we are in a restaurant and my Android will pick up the WiFi signal, while my daughter's iPhone will not.

Return to Top
#1991717 - 01/28/15 04:29 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
How does selling more iphones in the last 3 months of 2014 than they did in 2011 make them more cutting edge? There seems to be a lot of missing assumptions in there.

Return to Top
#1991726 - 01/28/15 04:39 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Cutting edge in marketing?

Return to Top
#1991737 - 01/28/15 04:47 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... Blade Scrapper
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Blade Scrapper

That was my thoughts too.

Return to Top
#1991773 - 01/28/15 05:40 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
The best is when people compare the free Androids to the 700 dollar Iphones. Never had a problem with any of my phones except how much the LG2 cost after I dropped it.

My brother has had a couple phones from each OS and ended up sticking with a high-end Nokia Windows phone. He loved his Apple as well but not as much.

I keep thinking the next phone I get will be Iphone as I am am an old Apple ][ and Mac guy but I have so much invested in Google Play and Amazon now I wold hate to have to repurchase it all.

Return to Top
#1991899 - 01/28/15 08:04 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
jaenelle Offline
Kansas
I love my Android. <3

Return to Top
#1991900 - 01/28/15 08:06 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... Blade Scrapper
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A

That too, but their products are truly superior in quality and design. I realize this makes no sense to many people if they've never spent time using an Apple device or computer. To me, using an Android device would be like switching from a high-end Martin guitar to one of those cheapos you find at Target and Wal-Mart. Can you make music on them? Sure. But do you enjoy making music on them? Nope. Why settle for less?
Last edited by Homestar; 01/28/15 08:07 PM.

Return to Top
#1991902 - 01/28/15 08:08 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Still not drinking the Kool-aid.

Return to Top
#1991910 - 01/28/15 08:21 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... homestar
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Homestar

That too, but their products are truly superior in quality and design. I realize this makes no sense to many people if they've never spent time using an Apple device or computer. To me, using an Android device would be like switching from a high-end Martin guitar to one of those cheapos you find at Target and Wal-Mart. Can you make music on them? Sure. But do you enjoy making music on them? Nope. Why settle for less?

not knowing the iphone but the Mac Imac... usually have a lower grade processor and memory (true less is needed) at a higher price

CAMS

Return to Top
#1991976 - 01/28/15 09:23 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Apple sold 74.9mm iPhones in the last 3 months of 2014, more than they sold in all of 2011...they have enough cash on hand to buy 480 of the S&P500 companies...keep using your Androids and Windows phones, you cutting edge people you

Sales does not define a product as cutting edge! Sheep buy the same thing because it is cool.

Return to Top
#1992055 - 01/28/15 11:58 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... Sound Tactic
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic
Sales does not define a product as cutting edge! Sheep buy the same thing because it is cool.

I think sales in the category of $18 billion says more about cutting edge than you might realize. Why are "cool" and "cutting edge" mutually exclusive? I'd suggest that it's cool because it's cutting edge.

Return to Top
#1992099 - 01/29/15 02:27 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I hear iphone users constantly complaining about this or that regarding their phones......don't hear that with respect to Android users. I'm with Backstreets. My Android does everything I need for to do for me. Have never had a problem with it......not once.

....not sure why it matters to iphone users that I prefer an Android...like I'm some sort of uneducated technically challenged freakazoid because I prefer it over apple....always sounds like iphone users are quite defensive about their choice and judgemental towards those who prefer something other than iphone.

Return to Top
#1992128 - 01/29/15 03:14 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... swiggles
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

....not sure why it matters to iphone users that I prefer an Android...like I'm some sort of uneducated technically challenged freakazoid because I prefer it over apple....always sounds like iphone users are quite defensive about their choice and judgemental towards those who prefer something other than iphone.

Well said, Swiggles! This is what I don't understand about some Iphone users. Not all, but many seem to need a validation that their product is the best. Definitely a matter of opinion. If you love an Iphone, good for you - but there are other choices out there that others may prefer!
Last edited by 80's Lady; 01/29/15 03:15 PM. Reason: To make quote box work

Return to Top
#1992135 - 01/29/15 03:18 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Definitely could put this all into the 1st world problems thread.

Return to Top
#1992140 - 01/29/15 03:27 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... Sound Tactic
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic

there seems to be some reading comprehension, as I clearly stated that android and windows phones are cutting edge, not iphone...I've increased the font size so those reading this on their cutting edge androids and windows phones can see it better.

Return to Top
#1992146 - 01/29/15 03:30 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... Wolfy
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: Wolfy
Definitely could put this all into the 1st world problems thread.

Thinking the same thing Wolfy. What a dumb disagreement. Some people like Android, some people like iPhones and a couple people like Windows phones. crazy

Return to Top
#1992147 - 01/29/15 03:31 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... swiggles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: swiggles
I hear iphone users constantly complaining about this or that regarding their phones......don't hear that with respect to Android users.

well, with 100+ million users of iphones, and like 7 or 8 android phone users, chances are you rarely come across an android phone user. I heard there was one recently in north Louisiana, but media confirmed he was simply on I-20 passing through the state.

look at advertising from windows and android phones, they frequently compare their phone to iphone...I can't recall an iphone advertisement comparing itself to a competitor.

anyway, this was meant to be a light-hearted thread on this topic, sorry that so many of the users on inferior phones took offense blush shocked eek

Return to Top
#1992153 - 01/29/15 03:34 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
if they can get Rachel from card services calling to reduce my rate to stop calling I would consider it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1992176 - 01/29/15 04:03 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Last time we switched phones, I considered going with an iphone but ended up staying with the android. It does everything I need it to and have never had any problem with it.

Return to Top
#1992189 - 01/29/15 04:22 PM Re: Dear iPhone haters... HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
well, with 100+ million users of iphones, and like 7 or 8 android phone users, chances are you rarely come across an android phone user. I heard there was one recently in north Louisiana, but media confirmed he was simply on I-20 passing through the state.

As of 3Q 2014, Android held 84.4% of the market share while iOS only held 11.7%. Boo-yah!

<--- wins the internet laugh

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2