Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1994132 - 02/06/15 04:12 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? Sound Tactic
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: Wolfy

I worry when people say oh this group of people say those groups of people have nothing to offer and refuse to even look at the other-side as the "consensus" say not to bother.

yeah, that happens. It shouldn't but it does because scientists are human too. But they're generally better at looking and, if warranted, accepting, new evidence than say, politicians or religions. And while you should keep an open mind to EVERYTHING, if you're going to say something that contradicts the consensus, you gotta bring evidence to support your side. That's where the dismissal of a lot of ideas (like creationism) comes from. The topic has been looked at and there's no new evidence. So, at a certain point it's a waste of time to keep having to repeat yourself (yeah, i see the irony).

Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic
When I read this I believe you are implying that all scientific theories, observed or unobserved are flawless, because..... science.

Any implication like that is unintentional. To me, at least, there's a difference between "this is solid and well-supported and it's gonna take A LOT to discredit it" to "this is flawless and unquestionable". I mean when these threads come up, i try to explain my side and cite sources. I hope i dont ever get lazy and just say "it just is and that's that"

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1994134 - 02/06/15 04:13 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? YosemiteSamIAm
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
Originally Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm
I propose that we put this thread in a time capsule and open it in 50 years. Time will tell...

By then the cyborg cow people and their telepathy will have no use for our primative human alphabet communication.

Return to Top
#1994408 - 02/09/15 01:11 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
May only take a weekend rather than 50 years to find out that global warming was a fraud perpetrated on the gullible.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/01/10/m...ations-of-data/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/en...andal-ever.html

Return to Top
#1994413 - 02/09/15 01:45 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
You science denier.

Return to Top
#1994414 - 02/09/15 01:49 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? noelekal
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
yikes...3% versus 35%...huge difference

Quote:
Burton’s key point is this: where Cowtan claims that all NOAA’s adjustments have done is increased warming by a modest 3 per cent, in actuality they have increased it by 35 per cent. So, far from Cowtan’s assessment that these adjustments are “inconsequentially tiny”, they are in fact quite massively distorting.

Return to Top
#1994416 - 02/09/15 01:52 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
this global warmie thingy is making it cold outside.

FWIW: some scientists claim that global warming causes evolution. laugh look it up if you dare.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1994425 - 02/09/15 02:43 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? edAudit
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: edAudit
this global warmie thingy is making it cold outside.

FWIW: some scientists claim that global warming causes evolution. laugh look it up if you dare.

Actually if you do believe in evolution, global warming, should cause it.

When it comes to this argument why are we giving the global warming zealots a free pass. For god's sakes they were so wrong the first time they had to change the name of the problem from global warming to something so ambiguous that it is almost immeasurable and unpredictable caused.... climate change. Talk about meaningless nouns transplanted for verbs.
Last edited by Sound Tactic; 02/09/15 02:45 PM.

Return to Top
#1994472 - 02/09/15 04:36 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Boston is seeing the results of this right now. up to 2 more feet of snow this week.

Return to Top
#1994479 - 02/09/15 04:49 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Those lucky dogs, we are just over cast and misty rain

Return to Top
#1994482 - 02/09/15 04:51 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? Wolfy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Boston is seeing the results of this right now. up to 2 more feet of snow this week.

Payback for the Pats win? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1994484 - 02/09/15 04:52 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? Wolfy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

So because Boston is receiving two feet of snow global warming... err climate change exists?

Right now it is sunny and normal conditions where I am. By your logic what I am experiencing directly contradicts global warming....err climate change.

Return to Top
#1994509 - 02/09/15 05:29 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
74 here today...I hate winter

Return to Top
#1994535 - 02/09/15 06:06 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
It's only 72F here presently, heading for a forecast high of 78F this afternoon. Was 80F on Saturday here and near 80 yesterday. Was a great weekend for early February.

Gotta be global warming.

If I go pour more used motor oil down the storm sewer on the street outside my house do you think I could get the temperature here to rise 2 degrees so as to equal Happy's?

Return to Top
#1994544 - 02/09/15 06:13 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? noelekal
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
We should be in the mid 40s, but it was 58 yesterday. I saw daffodils and camellias in full bloom while walking the dog around the neighborhod. Ski resorts aren't doing well and I've only been snowshoeing twice this year. We skipped winter with no snow so far and went straight to spring.

Return to Top
#1994546 - 02/09/15 06:16 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/en...andal-ever.html

biggest science scandal EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1994597 - 02/09/15 07:46 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Return to Top
#1994628 - 02/09/15 08:17 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
high of 60 here with a low of 36 tonight..... where is the coldness the farmer's almanc promised?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1994644 - 02/09/15 08:43 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? waldensouth
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Like I said, it's been unseasonably warm here. I put on 26 swipes of antiperspirant this morning and just went in the bathroom at work to apply more because my pits were feeling sweaty--that's a definite global warming correlation...

Return to Top
#1994649 - 02/09/15 08:51 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? waldensouth
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
high of 60 here with a low of 36 tonight..... where is the coldness the farmer's almanc promised?

In upstate NY!

Return to Top
#1994683 - 02/09/15 09:34 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? 'Lil Freak!
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Like I said, it's been unseasonably warm here. I put on 26 swipes of antiperspirant this morning and just went in the bathroom at work to apply more because my pits were feeling sweaty--that's a definite global warming correlation...

Are you sure you put the same amount of swipes on both sides?
Did you count correctly?
Maybe it was 27 and the other side needs another swipe.

(Just kidding my fellow, slightly OCD friend.)

Return to Top
#1994871 - 02/10/15 04:31 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
New study that came out this week (I will try and find it) concludes the big bang never happened at all, in any way shape or form. The paper contends the Universe has always been here and is not 13 Billion years old, is much much much older.

Skeptics point out the paper has seemingly proven dark matter and what it is as well.

Return to Top
#1994875 - 02/10/15 04:36 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? Sound Tactic
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
New study that came out this week (I will try and find it) concludes the big bang never happened at all, in any way shape or form. The paper contends the Universe has always been here and is not 13 Billion years old, is much much much older.

Skeptics point out the paper has seemingly proven dark matter and what it is as well.

Read this one last night. a good read.

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Return to Top
#1994924 - 02/10/15 06:19 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
63 last Sunday. High of 12 this Sunday. Poor birds don't know whether it is Spring or whether to fly south again.

Return to Top
#1994947 - 02/10/15 06:57 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? Wolfy
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic

Read this one last night. a good read.

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Thanks wolfy I will take a read.

Return to Top
#1994955 - 02/10/15 07:05 PM Re: Global warming or climate change? HappyGilmore
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
The big bang theory has always been flawed. Too many questions arise if you take what happened for granted.

For example, how are the Milky Way galaxy and Andromeda going to collide? If you understand the big bang, that seems to be impossible. Think of the big bang as an explosion in a vacuum. All things move out from the origin at approximately the same speed. So all items are theoretically moving further from the point of the bang and further apart from one another. Faster objects are in front of slower objects. Thus it should be nearly impossible to see galaxy's collide. But we see it all the time.

Add that with the weak force of gravity. Gravity is weak, very weak. Look at how little of Saturn (with gravity much greater than Earth's, has been able to absorb of the rings. Why is this? Because gravity is very weak and it takes a lot of time for things to coalesce into something of great magnitude. So what am I getting at here? They say the big bang happened approximately 11 billion years ago. Yet Earth is full of iron, gold and other minerals from things that come from massive star supernovas. Yet there is no sign of any near supernova or the remnants being able to make it to our solar system in sufficient quantity for there to be 9 planets, a star, dozens of moons, 2 meteor belts etc. The only logical explanation is that things must have happened around us a very long time ago. 231 million years ago we had Dinosaurs. By the logic of the big bang things would need happen very quickly to form planets, new solar systems and even life. Yet we can plainly see that things do not act quickly from our own solar system.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4