Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2020875 - 06/16/15 10:57 PM CFPB having problems of their own...
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2020918 - 06/17/15 01:40 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
It's a good day anytime one can see feckless bureaucracy-run-amok discomfited, even if only in a small way. Couldn't happen to a more wretched bunch.

""The director said it's getting better and it has not. It's gotten worse," Cauldwell said. "There are good people here who are trying to do a good job and most of them are happy."

What's wrong with this picture? They're the ones who are happy and American bankers are miserable. They're happy while American banking is being burned to the ground.

Return to Top
#2020937 - 06/17/15 02:35 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Seriously, has there been any more modern day govt bureaucracy that has had more bad press than the CFPB? That place makes the case that they are the modern consumer protectionist yet they have more inner turmoil with unfair treatment of employees than any banking or even any private organization in recent memory.

Return to Top
#2020948 - 06/17/15 03:02 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Quote:
"They're supposed to be taking the lead on consumer harm and yet they fully deny any harm is going on internally, or even reprimand managers who have repeated complaints against them. It's like getting a Mexican drug lord to run the DEA."

This pretty much sums up the whole article. I don't know a single non-banker that even knows the CFPB exists let alone what it does. I have noticed they have started advertising on some websites like CNN Money etc. Seems like they need to clean up their act internally before they start advertising how great they are to a wider public audience.

When these articles come out I cannot resist a smug chuckle.

Return to Top
#2020989 - 06/17/15 04:30 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... CompliantOkie
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
Among the four federal banking regulators, the CFPB holds the dubious distinction of most EEO complaints so far this year, despite having the fewest employees.

hey, can anyone else hear the "we're number 1" chants?

and 4 federal bank regulators...seriously, consolidate to 1
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 06/17/15 04:31 PM.

Return to Top
#2021034 - 06/17/15 06:32 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Who's watching the watchers?

Return to Top
#2021035 - 06/17/15 06:33 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Congress can't even reign them in...

Return to Top
#2021038 - 06/17/15 06:36 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... burkemi
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Originally Posted By burkemi

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do the legislators and their appointed agents not also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Frédéric Bastiat, from “The Law”

Return to Top
#2021066 - 06/17/15 08:19 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... noelekal
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By noelekal

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do the legislators and their appointed agents not also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Which is why I don't trust govt.

Return to Top
#2021128 - 06/18/15 01:20 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... noelekal
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By noelekal

Noelekal...This seems to be a disturbingly accurate quote!

Return to Top
#2021186 - 06/18/15 02:35 PM Re: CFPB having problems of their own... RockChucker, CAMS
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
This problem at the CFPB goes all the way to the top. Richard Cordray is ultimately responsible. He cannot blame this on anyone else at the Bureau because he IS the Bureau. This was made very apparent in the ludicrous way he announced the proposed TRID delay yesterday. Personally, I'm beginning to believe he is even less qualified for his position than I realized.

Return to Top