Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2033202 - 08/12/15 02:53 PM LOMA & Flood Determination
Red Raiders Offline
Diamond Poster
Red Raiders
Compliance Land
We have a property that was found to be in Zone AE. Borrower hired a surveyor to do an elevation certificate. This was completed and submitted to FEMA. FEMA issued a LOMA removing the property from AE and stated it was X. Our flood vendor is now saying the survey had inconsistencies and FEMA should not have removed the property from AE. Since this is the case, they will not issue a determination with X, even though the FEMA website shows the LOMA for this property.

There may or may not be inconsistencies (I am not an expert at looking at these things) but shouldn't FEMA be the final word on this? Even if they are wrong and missed something shouldn't the fact that they moved this property to X be the final say??

What do we do?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2033235 - 08/12/15 03:39 PM Re: LOMA & Flood Determination Red Raiders
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree with your assessment that FEMA is the final word. The vendor may not believe it's accurate and can question FEMA, but I don't agree with the vendor refusing to acknowledge what FEMA reports. You could also still require insurance on the property (from a S&S standpoint), but the borrower will pay the X zone premium.

Return to Top
#2033241 - 08/12/15 03:48 PM Re: LOMA & Flood Determination Red Raiders
Red Raiders Offline
Diamond Poster
Red Raiders
Compliance Land
Thanks for the response, David. So if our vendor refuses to issue an X determination, can we just fully document our file that we disagree and have a copy of the LOMA from FEMA?
Last edited by raiders; 08/12/15 03:49 PM. Reason: error in zone determination

Return to Top
#2033494 - 08/13/15 02:31 PM Re: LOMA & Flood Determination Red Raiders
Red Raiders Offline
Diamond Poster
Red Raiders
Compliance Land
bump

Return to Top
#2034727 - 08/20/15 12:10 PM Re: LOMA & Flood Determination Red Raiders
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
That and tell them you will start the search for a new vendor. Either that or you are not talking to the correct person at the vendor - go higher up.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z